Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mordja posted:

Lmao why are you bringing this up again now, months later? You absolute lunatic.

LMAO

edit; awful page snipe

anyways, the mighty titan dissenter returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Field Mousepad posted:

Man you have some seriously good tracking. Teach me your ways

Console Baby Aim Assist and also I find it helps to adjust aim by using the movement stick as opposed to the aim stick.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm on pc :smuggo:

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xw1URLztDo

The most satisfying way to finish off an ejection.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scorch is so great. Him getting buffed last was a huge boon to the longevity of the Scorch community.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I want to put together a game night (on PC) for this, I feel like we could generate some interest based on recent posts here. Is there a preferred day for folks? I was thinking Thursday or Friday of next week.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I could do Thursday

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Thursday, 6pm PST is what I'm looking at right now. I have a few folks on discord interested as well. Looking to use the marvelous pro gamers discord to host voice chat. https://discord.gg/Fm79Qn

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Been playing a shitload of this for months now. Love it, obviously, but some thoughts on things I'd like changed but never will be:

(1) CAR should be deleted from the game - it's too strong, with good damage and 100% hip-fire accuracy. Volt is the same thing, but better-balanced.

(2) R-97 damage needs to be toned down slightly.

(3) Monarch needs to be nerfed for attrition. This could be either by a slower core gain rate, or an XO-16 nerf.

(4) Given the small player population, stacks can loving ruin the game, to the point where, at least on PC, I think parties shouldn't be allowed at all (or maybe parties just mean you'll be in the same game - not on the same team). I'm good at this game, and can't say I've never been guilty of being unnecessarily harsh in stomping the other side (albeit I don't use sweaty builds against teams who aren't so good, and I won't drop a titan until I see a couple on the other side). But when there are three or more top-tier players on one team who run around at a trillion miles an hour with stim and SMGs, and I'm the only good player on my team, it becomes intensely unfun. I imagine it's even worse for other players on my team who are new or not very good.

(5) I think attrition should have a cap on the number of titans at any one time - say two per side - to avoid situations where one side ends up with all titans and the other one or none, making it kinda lame as the titanless team gets obliterated as soon as they peak their heads out (lol if the map is Complex - good luck there if you don't have a titan).

(6) Aim assist needs to be tweaked. On PC, players who use aim assist can be annoying in a few different ways. There are some players who will get cloak and an AR or spitfire and be very immobile then rely on the aim assist to laser much faster moving players, despite the fact said controller players could never hit that player otherwise, and very few mouse/kb players could, either. Those players aren't that big a deal, though - they'll do better than they should, but rarely top a team or dominate. A bigger concern is the handful of players who've spent thousands of hours with a controller and know how to abuse it. There are very few players like this, and I didn't realise what a problem they were until I was on Discord with a very good player who said 'Oh, yeah, controller aim assist can break PC, let me show you', then jumped into a game on PC and got 61 kills first try. Said guy is very good, but 61 kills is a bit ourageous even for him.

Needless to say I adore the game and wouldn't have spent 270 hours or whatever I have in the last six months if I didn't, but some of these things can be annoying, especially (4). None of this will ever come, of course, since the game is abandoned, but I can dream.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

R97 is my baby

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

It is a ridiculous gun. It is very viscerally pleasing to use, but its DPS is absurd and it is not really very inaccurate at all. Nor is the damage drop-off all that bad, given how much lead you're putting out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neurosis posted:

It is a ridiculous gun. It is very viscerally pleasing to use, but its DPS is absurd and it is not really very inaccurate at all. Nor is the damage drop-off all that bad, given how much lead you're putting out.

Extended mag :blastu:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 25, 2020

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Was thinking the other day that if they ever by some miracle made a Titanfall 3 it would probably have the words “From the Apex Legends Universe” somewhere in the title/box. :unsmith: :rip:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It's gonna good times when this comes to Steam, can't wait for Battlefield to once again overshadow it when EA does their next batch of rereleases.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Deakul posted:

It's gonna good times when this comes to Steam, can't wait for Battlefield to once again overshadow it when EA does their next batch of rereleases.

If they release Titanfall 2 on Steam it may get a good playerbase boost and who knows...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I could see a Steam release bringing the game back from the dead easily. Though, it might be a little too late at this point... I'd double dip just to give Respawn all my money that's for drat sure.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Does the original Titanfall still have online players, on PC? Or does owning that game do nothing for me anymore.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

chaosapiant posted:

Does the original Titanfall still have online players, on PC? Or does owning that game do nothing for me anymore.

It's very very dead.

I got it and then refunded it a few days ago. :sigh:

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

A single hacker is stopping Titanfall 1’s last few players from finishing games

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

He's actually gone now iirc. Idk how or when it happened, but reddit has a tf pug community going now because he's gone.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

sigher posted:

I could see a Steam release bringing the game back from the dead easily. Though, it might be a little too late at this point... I'd double dip just to give Respawn all my money that's for drat sure.

I don't think it's quite too late. If they did a free week or whatever at the same time as they released it on Steam, I think you'd see the player base briefly spike up a dozen times over or more, and then probably enough players would become regulars that it'd still be three or four times the current size in a year.* I base this off how well it did from the free month on Playstation quite recently, and the very low base you're coming from with PC.

* There need to be enough new players that every game isn't just being dominated by those of us who've been playing hardcore for a while. The game plays very differently to popular shooters, and the first 50 - 100 games anyone plays almost certainly involve them getting slaughtered.

Also re hackers in the TF games in general - EA absolutely does not loving care about hackers. A guy on the Australian servers is a notorious hacker. There's video footage of him hacking, here: https://m.twitch.tv/clip/TrappedCloudySmoothiePraiseIt. This isn't the only kind of hack he uses, as I've also seen him wallhack. Amusingly, said hacker spoke once, and had the voice of an 11 year old boy. The guy who recorded the video of the hacking contacted EA to request a ban, but got fobbed off by customer service. Fortunately it seems after a while we bullied the hacker so hard by everyone dropping what they were doing to kill just him that he has either given up or lost interest... For now.

Obviously, silent aim and wallhacks aren't the game-breaking thing that the TF1 hacker mentioned above is using, which EA just can't ignore.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

yeah he actually disappeared around christmas, I played a couple tf1 games since then and mostly got nuked anyway :q:

(haven't played tf1 in literally 5 years before that)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Titanfall 2 is on Steam!

edit: It's on sale for $10 (though all of the DLC is like $45)

sigher fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 18, 2020

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

sigher posted:

Titanfall 2 is on Steam!

edit: It's on sale for $10 (though all of the DLC is like $45)

only dlc is cosmetics and maybe a player boost right?

Anyone been able to play today? a few weeks ago the pc numbers were around 2k at any given time. would be curious if they've shot up. I'll have to hop on and pwn some noobs this weekend.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, there's cosmetics and one player booster, all but two DLC is on sale and good lord gently caress paying for it at full price after all this time.

According to the ingame player counter, there's 1997 people on right now. Maybe we'll see it grow?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I'm excited for this game to be on Steam, it's one of the few games I would ever have called myself good at and even a slight chance of it being popular again would own.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I'd like it even more if EA cross-licensed the games available on Steam with the ones people own on Origin.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
It still runs through origin so there’s no real benefit to having it on steam.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've been playing a bit of Frontier Defence because it has been forever and I never actually unlocked all the aegis upgrades for any titan other than Scorch. Scorch is an absolute BEAST with everything unlocked, almost scarily so. Tone is pretty hilarious when faced with a stream of nuke titans and dual pulse to paint targets quicker, it's just missile city :v:

I can't wait to get everyone upgraded to see what they can do.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I was looking forward to it being on Steam, but it literally just opens the Origin window and I'm pretty sure you need an account to play, even if purchased through Steam

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Yep. The whole Steam thing is just a gigantic check mark to go “Yup, it’s on Steam baby! Freedom to the player to choose how to play!”

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
If I buy the game on steam with all the DLC, does all my progression from origin transfer over then? I.e. I keep all my loadouts etc, but i have all the DLC now when I open through steam?

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I had all my DLC stuff without purchasing any of it on Steam.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Codeacious posted:

I had all my DLC stuff without purchasing any of it on Steam.

I guess my issue is that I don't have any of the DLC, but I want to buy it on steam because it's way cheaper than getting the DLC on origin right now. But want to keep all my progression so far.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I wish the original Titanfall would go on Steam. It even used Valve's engine (modified heavily, but still) and I personally still prefer it to the sequel, it's like the Burnout of FPS games. If they got that native on Steam with no Origin it would be amazing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah when I played Titan fall 1 on xbox, I enjoyed how it played and I miss the maps it had. Except for that one that's basically a giant box with a warehouse in the middle. That was so boring and mostly people snipes from the top.

Like there's just all these subtle differences between the first and the second that change up a lot.

Wish we could get some kind of titanfall:drop a Titan collection for next Gen, that might get an increased population for a while. I played a few hours of tf2 earlier this week and it was still fun and unique.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

I wish the original Titanfall would go on Steam. It even used Valve's engine (modified heavily, but still) and I personally still prefer it to the sequel, it's like the Burnout of FPS games. If they got that native on Steam with no Origin it would be amazing.

Yeah me too. The original Titanfall was way more atmospheric too and I genuinely thought the MP campaign was dope as gently caress.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I loved a lot about TF2 but I'll be forever sad that we didn't get a sequel to TF1 that really tripled down on the AI battles and the grunt audio. Imagine how cool the added TF2 enemies like Spectres and Reapers would be if they actually interacted with each other and the battlefield instead of basically being moba creeps.

TF1 just went that extra mile on the immersion front, from the 100% first person animations to the audio. And I miss the titan fights.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I liked the hacking knife from TF1, and being able to rip off a plate and unload a clip into the guts of a titan as a pilot, but I think Titanfall 2 is better in almost every way besides really minor stuff like the first person animations. And even with that the TF2 executions are totally worth giving that up. The "campaign as a series of multiplayer matches" was an interesting idea but there was no meaning to any of it imo. just a bunch of jargon that I didn't care about at all and I couldn't tell you a thing about right now. Plus it very quickly became hard to find games in that queue iirc. Also the burn card system sucked and always felt bad to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Stan Taylor posted:

I liked the hacking knife from TF1, and being able to rip off a plate and unload a clip into the guts of a titan as a pilot, but I think Titanfall 2 is better in almost every way besides really minor stuff like the first person animations. And even with that the TF2 executions are totally worth giving that up. The "campaign as a series of multiplayer matches" was an interesting idea but there was no meaning to any of it imo. just a bunch of jargon that I didn't care about at all and I couldn't tell you a thing about right now. Plus it very quickly became hard to find games in that queue iirc. Also the burn card system sucked and always felt bad to use.

TF2 is overall better, but I too miss the way the matches felt like larger conflicts in TF1. The grunt audio and AI in TF2 is much...lesser.