Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

Is there a goon group now for PC? Reinstalled it and my muscle memory is coming back for maximum Spider-Man grapple and swing.

Yes we play every single day.

https://discord.gg/Fvu5VX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Is there a goon group now for PC? Reinstalled it and my muscle memory is coming back for maximum Spider-Man grapple and swing.

I picked this up in the steam summer sale and have been playing solo. I joined the in-game network but I've never seen anyone else on.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I applied and never heard anything back and I can't join the network

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Hello the new goon group is [BUNS] Hot Dogs. Just search and apply and we'll get you in.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Nuclear ejection ronins make me want to do unspeakable things. They go unga bunga and mash melee in my face so I jsut hold up thermal shield and let them kill themselves, then I can't get away in time and get doomed because scorch is so fat

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I own TF2 on PC (origin) already, if I ever get it on steam, will it automatically recognize my DLCs from origin? I know it launches origin but I don't know if it may be with a different ID.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Guillermus posted:

I own TF2 on PC (origin) already, if I ever get it on steam, will it automatically recognize my DLCs from origin? I know it launches origin but I don't know if it may be with a different ID.

it ties it to an origin account, you're just purchasing it on steam

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guillermus posted:

Yeah, if you just buy the base game anything purchased on Origin is recognized.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

what's the one neat trick with the cold war? people were talking it up and it's certainly strong, but feels kinda unwieldy when half your targets are flying through the air (and shooting you)

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

what's the one neat trick with the cold war? people were talking it up and it's certainly strong, but feels kinda unwieldy when half your targets are flying through the air (and shooting you)

It’s a gimmick gun that turns you into a bomber. Shines went you’re above your target and they’re against a surface. Otherwise it’s kinda bad.

Complex in the middle hallway with Cold War and grapple is a good way to piss off the other team.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Here’s one weird trick I almost never see used by other players: you can pick up dropped weapons.

CPU enemies and players drop them. Kraber + Smg is great when you miss your shot and need to salvage the kill. Cycling the Kraber for the next shot is a lifetime.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Gamerofthegame posted:

Lead your shots. Like a lot

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Some clips from this weekend. Also for anyone looking to play on PC the discord channel has been pretty good on getting groups together.

https://i.imgur.com/pjCkMmC.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/rzK88O4.gifv

Some lucky laser shots lol.

https://i.imgur.com/EqMMcyV.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/dEa3Hyf.gifv

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nvm I found the EPG instead

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sigher posted:

Yeah, if you just buy the base game anything purchased on Origin is recognized.

Cool thanks! I didn't play much on PC (origin) compared to PS4 but I didn't want to double dip on the DLCs if I purchase this on Steam again.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Field Mousepad posted:

Melee still wonky as gently caress. Some things never change

Melee is garbage. I get what they were going for - the animations make it feel very visceral and cool on some of the melee kills. But the huge lock-on (it used to be even bigger!) and the fact it's one-hit make it frustrating to play against and annoying to die to.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Guillermus posted:

Cool thanks! I didn't play much on PC (origin) compared to PS4 but I didn't want to double dip on the DLCs if I purchase this on Steam again.

Just FYI buying it on steam will do literally nothing for you if you already have it on origin and still have access to that account. Same player pool and whatnot.

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
Movement in this game is really cool but I can't quite get the timing for the higher level techniques, how do I git gud?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

magicalmako posted:

Movement in this game is really cool but I can't quite get the timing for the higher level techniques, how do I git gud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvzXFQKwH8k

I used this - it helps! It's all about maintaining momentum and knowing how the map flows.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Just FYI buying it on steam will do literally nothing for you if you already have it on origin and still have access to that account. Same player pool and whatnot.

I know, it's just a matter of having it on the same client (I know it can be added as shortcut) but I want it to be installed and managed (so I can move it around) by steam itself.

Is like buying an ubisoft game knowing that it'll launch uplay but still want the steam achievements, cards and such.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Matchmaking mode where hitscan guns are banned when

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

some reddit post posted:

Projectile weapons: Kraber, Double take, L-Star, Mastiff, Mozambique, all grenadier weapons. All titan guns except legion.

Everything else is hitscan IIRC

yes hello I'd like this too please

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Wingman Elite is projectile too!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Did we scare all the new players away already? Getting a lot of sweaty lobbies now.

https://i.imgur.com/9zJcx2A.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/8JTxx2N.gifv

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
lol yeah the player count has halved on pc in the past week or so. Been getting lots of mad dudes in text chat and then every once in a while someone says like “oh this must be why no one plays this game.”

Which, fair, but stuff like cs or even apex you get way more horrible people way more often.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Vaughny released his last ever compilation, player base is dropping off, I think it's dead again, boys

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It was fun while it lasted. RIP the GOAT.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tf 3 :pray:

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I'm still around but between a busy work week and other new releases I've been playing this less.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm on PC and I haven't waited for more than a few minutes for a game

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Reports of Titanfall’s death have been greatly exaggerated again.

I finally gave frontier defense a try in earnest and it’s pretty solid! Takes forever to get the aegis upgrades though.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I'm getting attrition matches pretty fast, a minute or 2 of queuing at most. Hard point seems to be pretty fast as well. Also, gently caress the EPG.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Epg owns get hosed :blastu:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Field Mousepad posted:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Field Mousepad posted:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stan Taylor posted:

Reports of Titanfall’s death have been greatly exaggerated again.

I finally gave frontier defense a try in earnest and it’s pretty solid! Takes forever to get the aegis upgrades though.

Yeah, I've played a good amount of Frontier Defense and I don't have a single Titan maxed out, hell I don't even think my highest level Titan is half way. It's a bit too grindy.

And yeah, gently caress the EPG.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

imagine being mad about a gun that requires either leading your shots and/or splash damage in a game about going real fast through the air

lmao

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The EPG is a respectable weapon and dying to it gives me flashbacks to multiplayer shooters with rocket launchers in the past.

The softball is for sadistic jump devils to destroy others spirits

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

the softball is low key the best weapon in the game when paired with sprint fire, i stopped using it cause it seemed unsporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
What in the hell is the softball?