Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Of course Geoff Keighley posts this in response.

Now people are thinking that recent GeForce Now leak was real, but iirc Nvidia said it was a combination of known and speculative titles, and I thought TF3 was firmly in the latter category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

Aw jeez this is just mean if they don't actively have TF3 in development.

In 2 years there will be another apex character released who is the third cousin twice removed of Slone, there will be another free 3 day weekend on Titanfall 2 but will only be playable for 12 non-consecutive hours of the 72 hours due to DDoS attacks.

It will be the largest spike in Titanfall 2's playerbase in years.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I mean, they probably aren’t working on it, but it’s also the cornerstone of their Universe and clearly a passion-project for the executives. That’s better than waiting for some bean-counters to say that engagement is high enough to warrant an exploratory focus group to investigate the viability of second sequel...

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
It’s trending on Twitter what feels like every other week at this point (for all the wrong reasons). That’s gotta mean something to someone at EA.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Tokubetsu posted:

It’s trending on Twitter what feels like every other week at this point (for all the wrong reasons). That’s gotta mean something to someone at EA.

Not until the Apex well dries up. :shrug:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Titanfall 3 should be a Planetside game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’ll be a Tribes game, actually.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’ll be a Tribes game, actually.

TribesFall would be the best crossover considering it's already halfway there.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Wazzit posted:

I guess this clip is floating around today. Respawn community manager saying don’t get your hopes up for any new Titanfall. Kind of figures. He does clarify they are working on some type of fix for the DDOS but I’m sure that’s not really a priority.

https://twitter.com/thetitanfallguy/status/1440142857310928896?s=21

Edit: I also think a lot of the people in the “Titanfall community” are over dramatic and a lot of their posts are pure cringe so I don’t endorse whatever this Twitter person is saying. I think you just have to be realistic about an almost 5 year old game that didn’t sell well to begin with that has a niche fan base.

https://twitter.com/tr0v3r_/status/1441413128298717192

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

SUNKOS posted:

Agreed. First Titanfall handled that brilliantly for both pilots and titans. Also had a burn card for ultra stim :twisted:

Was also really satisfying when someone was going wild with a very rare burn card and you finally kill them and get the satisfying notification that you took that out as well. I know they were a contentious aspect of the game but I liked how they mixed things up, such as people starting the match in titans or someone having a card that auto-hacked nearby spectres to slowly build a little robot army following them around or camo so they mixed in with the AI. Was hoping Titanfall 2 would expand on that even more, not ditch it :(

burn cards would have been bad if they didn't hand them out like candy. If you actually played frequently, it actually became annoying to have to keep weeding out your library from poo poo that you never use - would have been nice if you could flag a given type of card for "auto-sell" and just click the auto-sell button every time you got another pack. cause given how freely they handed them out, unless you actively made sure to use all your cards every round, pretty soon you'd end up hitting the inventory limit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

vanilla TF2 Devotion, and also R97 for life

I'd like to add EVA-8 to this too, it was way overpowered early in the game's life and pre-patch I killed so, so many pilots with it due to the spread, speed and power of the thing. You didn't have to be point blank and you didn't have to be super accurate whilst flinging yourself around the levels so it just chewed through pilots.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

The EVA-8 was perfect on a chunk of the maps that had denser pilot routes, just like Titanfall 1. Rise was always a CAR map for me, Angel City was EVA-8.

What made EVA-8 busted early in TF2 was how Cloak would only reveal for a moment on shooting, and Tactikill recharging it for infinite free unseen murder. Both got nerfed.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Codeacious posted:

The EVA-8 was perfect on a chunk of the maps that had denser pilot routes, just like Titanfall 1. Rise was always a CAR map for me, Angel City was EVA-8.

What made EVA-8 busted early in TF2 was how Cloak would only reveal for a moment on shooting, and Tactikill recharging it for infinite free unseen murder. Both got nerfed.

Haha poo poo now I remember why I started exclusively playing pulse blade. Good times.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
EVA-8 was the worst on TF1 for PC because they were never able to balance the weapon. On consoles it was fine, but on PC with m+kb it was an instajib. You either ran EVA-8 with stim or you got merc’d every 60 seconds.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Scared the crap out of some pilot that was stuck in a dual with a teammate. Dudes were going back and forth for like a minute trying to shoot each other and I ran up and executed the guy with Inner Pieces.

Said he screamed when his character unexpectedly exploded.

Dead game is good game.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I finally got in some games again on the oregon 2 server, but I'm feeling like the game is on its last legs support-wise

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Pour one out pilots

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Slim Pickens posted:

I finally got in some games again on the oregon 2 server, but I'm feeling like the game is on its last legs support-wise

Username/post combo.

:smith:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I won’t be able to try it until next week but custom servers are out for PC:

https://github.com/R2Northstar/Northstar

https://github.com/R2Northstar/Northstar/wiki/Basic-Setup

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Eyud posted:

I won’t be able to try it until next week but custom servers are out for PC:

https://github.com/R2Northstar/Northstar

https://github.com/R2Northstar/Northstar/wiki/Basic-Setup

Noice, let's hope this means there's some kind of admin tools to kick hackers and extra custom settings.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Super interested in this Northstar mod but I want to wait until we know it’s safe/legit. Not a tech guy - how/when will we know?

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Apex dropped a small story that actually references Titanfall pilots (and includes a passing shot of an Titan)

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/JRRJQp2Bdwo

It also clears up any confusion with the planet Gridiron, spoiler: the whole planet is carpet-bombed.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wasn't Gridiron just a map in TF2? Was there something to be confused about with it?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Gonna try and run a game night tomorrow on the North Star with the goons from the marble herons server. 8:30 pm est. Feel free to join us https://discord.gg/mXFURv5z

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Heard good things about the mod, how is the playerbase with it?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Heard good things about the mod, how is the playerbase with it?

I just tried it and there were about thirty servers up, almost all of them were full

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Reinstalled on my PS5. Was super disappointed to see that the attacks are still persistent and the games are laggy as poo poo. Did pretty good surprisingly even with all the rubber banding. Un-installed after one game and mourned in silence :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

loving national tragedy that it all went down this way

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I had Titan fall 2 both on ps4 and Xbox. Uninstalled them both after all of these recent activity. And I think I played it for another 60 hours back in 2020 thanks to covid keeping us all inside. We just need a Titan fall 3 but that's gonna be a while off if it ever happens.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Its a shame that Apex gave us more Titanfall universe while also absolutely guaranteeing that we wouldnt see a real titanfall game again because it wont make as much money.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 10, 2022

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
They need to ride the Apex wave and make tf3 with characters from the game instead of regular pilots. Just have the mechs sort of look like them and have upgraded abilities/ passives

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
They keep teasing Titanfall stuff in Apex but it just feels like blueballs now...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like what I played of Apex way back when and I'm glad for Respawn, but I really don't like its aesthetic (especially after cosmetic unlocks) and hope it doesn't carry into an eventual Titanfall 3.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Titanfall's atmosphere wasn't super gritty, but it was definitely more defined and rough than Apex, lose that and it really wouldn't be the same.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

They also briefly had wallrunning in an Apex event. Mechanically it worked fine but it was nowhere near as fun without the levels designed for it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Field Mousepad posted:

They need to ride the Apex wave and make tf3 with characters from the game instead of regular pilots. Just have the mechs sort of look like them and have upgraded abilities/ passives

I’d prefer no titanfall 3 to this

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Field Mousepad posted:

This is pretty much what the TF2 story
ending was implying:

Jack Cooper murdered all of Blisk's elite pilots. Blisk starts the Apex games to find the best and most intelligent fighters to replace his stock.

His mercenary squad is literally called The Apex Predators.

If/when TF3 happens, I imagine we'll see the results of the Apex games. Unless it's the story of Gridiron.

Tetrabor fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 11, 2022

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’d prefer no titanfall 3 to this

It's sounds hokey but respawn is one of the few game developers I think could pull it off without it being terrible

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Sounds like some overwatch hero shooter type thing that I’m sure they could pull off but I’d prefer a titanfall 3 be more in line with its current tone (also we are never getting a third one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Field Mousepad posted:

this sounds almost as good as battlefield 2042