Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

el B posted:

I just meant you could do what I do and that is to walk into a 711 for a refreshing St. Perrier Grapefruit sparkling water and then mosey on over to the chip aisle and take 5 or 6 pictures of codes.

s.i.r.e. posted:

You can literally just take pictures of the codes on the side of the Doritos bags, they're printed on the outside of the bag for everyone to see. You can't with the Mountain Dew though.

Goons. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

MikeDinosaur posted:

I was generally finding hardpoint matches all throughout last weekend and the week before but now I never see it. Does anyone with a PC on the West Coast have a recommendation for like a sever that usually has hardpoint matches?

I usually switch to London when I can't get a game. The matchmaking seems like it's continent-based, so if there are 0 in matches on Oregon, it'll be 0 in matches for all the NA datacenters, and I have to go to Europe or Asia.

But yeah I've noticed the hardpoint player counts have gone down a lot. It sucks. I haven't been able to find a single CTF game since launch either. :smith:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Kelp Me! posted:

Speaking of Archer, I really love it way more than the other AT weapons. Anybody have a preference for the others?

Initially I felt like I could only ever use the MGL but I made myself try the Thunderbolt and ended up loving it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

Edit: Has anyone gotten disconnect messages about FairFight category being incompatible with the server? I only got it a couple times while trying to get back into the lobby, then it let me back in, but it is a bit worrying considering I am legit doing no cheating of any kind.

Yeah I've seen that one a couple times and a friend has as well. I don't think it's anything serious.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Sure would like to play something other than attrition on the PC. :sigh:

Yeah. I would probably play nothing but hardpoint and capture the flag if I could.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Modes without titans are bad modes.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-12/

The mixtape/playlist changes sound great but another pilots-only mode is lame as hell.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Pierson posted:

Nah I didn't type my question that well, I meant is the PS4 playbase more alive than the PC one? I already play on PC which yeah is dead except Attrition and sometimes Pilot-vs-Pilot.

Yeah it's significantly better. I just switch to PS4 any time I want to play hardpoint or CTF now.

Hopefully it'll improve on PC with the matchmaking interface changes they're making but I'm not holding my breath.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Is there enough a large enough player count on the PC to make purchase worth it just for multiplayer? I'm all burned out on Battlefield until the expansion drops and Rainbow Six is losing its luster quickly.

Attrition is always well populated, mixtape usually is. Other playlists (hardpoint, CTF, etc) are dead on PC (at least in the US).

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

It's not a great test since it's 9 AM but right now there are ~400 players in attrition, ~10 in mixtape, and 0 in any other mode on PC (US). I dunno if LTS in particular gets any better during peak hours.

E: Compared to PS4 right now: 2300 in attrition, 400 in bounty hunt, 200 in hardpoint, 140 in angel city 24/7, 300 in mixtape, 400 in LTS, 400 in PvP, even 30-40 in 8v8 and CTF on the second page.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 4, 2017

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Geight posted:

I wish this game were on Steam so badly. There are so many people that just aren't going to touch it ever because of the stink of Origin.

This idea is hilarious. Look at player counts for Battlefield sometime. Most people don't give a poo poo about using Origin, and it's not why the TF2 player counts are low on PC.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I managed to get top score using the Cold War once and as the game was ending, two guys were complaining in chat about how lovely the Cold War is. :unsmith:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I think the first game got some hate because it didn't have a real singleplayer campaign, but the multiplayer was basically just as good as 2 imo. And it had more/cooler maps!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Does everyone else just run toward the big bright light or something? I don't really get why people say nuke is overpowered. It seems like you always have plenty of time to just walk away from it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I almost always run turbo engine, definitely agree that some of the other ones feel pretty useless though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Live Fire is surprisingly fun!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Live fire sounds rad, I don't get why people thought it would be bad because "no robots" when the pilot gameplay is way cooler.

I kind of assumed it would be bad because pilots vs pilots is bad but the tiny maps and very short rounds make it way more fun. It feels like a proper pilot equivalent of Last Titan Standing rather than attrition without titans.

E: The new matchmaking probably still needs tweaking but I was getting hardpoint games last night so it's already an improvement.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 24, 2017

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Kane posted:

Suppose I finished the (lovely) SP and wish to find a nice and concise guide for MP to get me up and running without being an embarrassment for my team. Where I find?

Just jump right in, IMO. Attrition is probably the easiest mode to start with, the goal is simply to kill more than the other team and killing NPCs counts toward your team's score, so you don't need to actually kill other players to contribute.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The whole "it's called TITANFall not PILOTFall" is silly. Go look at your stats page. Unless you play a lot of LTS or are in the top 1% of the population you're going to be sitting around 35% Titan 65% Pilot across all modes. Being a pilot is a big part of the game in all but one mode, it's not some throw-away time waster. The title is a bullet point, not a straitjacket.

Yeah but that's not the point. Pilot gameplay is fun and titan gameplay is fun but when you combine the two it's really fun.

I like LTS and LF but the mixed gameplay is really what the game is all about.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

110 I think? Whatever the max is.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I bought Overwatch around the time it came out and played it for a couple days and regretted the purchase and haven't had any desire to touch it since. Mechanically it felt fine to me and the massive player base is nice but Blizzard's style and tone is just awful. It's a bad game, unlike Titanfall 2.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Glitch is awesome.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Titan brawl is super fun. It's a team victory so getting more assists than kills doesn't bother me.

I sure get executed a lot, though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, 164 hours here and I almost never get put into matches in progress. I've played with a group maybe three times ever.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Monarch is really fun in FD. It doesn't take long to get your upgrades and recharging teammate shields feels more useful than in other modes.

Also a great mode for grinding out weapon upgrades.

This game rules!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Alkarl posted:

Edit: Nevermind I need to upload an image that isn't microscopic. Gist is I went almost 8k on a normal Rise on F_D because Highlander Ronin owns

This was with Scorch:

Rise is hilariously fun.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Oh so that’s why I had 30 advocate gifts waiting for me yesterday!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I want to get Legion's aegis upgrades but I find the whole mode switch thing frustrating because I'm terrible at remembering to set it before engagements.

Northstar has been more fun than I expected so far though! Piercing shot plus the upgrade that makes the railgun charge faster is pretty rad.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

What difficulty does everyone play FD on? I mostly play regular; I'd like to play hard but every time I try my team ends up being terrible and we can't make it past wave 3 or 4.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Just got Ronin's final aegis upgrade and :stare:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I was getting dropped into the middle of matches a lot the day FD came out but since then it hasn't happened too much.

Yesterday I got stuck with only one other person though, the game just couldn't find replacements for whatever reason. You don't get any aegis rank progress if you quit early, right?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeaaaahhhhh a lot of people are real bad or just blind to the minimap or something.

I've gotten full aegis upgrades for every titan except Ion now. I managed to complete a few matches on hard as well; almost hit 10k overall score with Scorch on Rise one time.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Warpfall and phase embark are pretty cool for FD.

Just hit rank 20 with Ion so that's all of 'em! Please enable aegis upgrades in regular multiplayer now, Respawn. :getin:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

[quote="“moist turtleneck”" post="“475561425”"]
also why the hell do people refuse to buy turrets on the lower levels of the game?
[/quote]

I never buy em on any difficulty because other people usually go overboard with them anyway (but then put them in stupid places where they get disabled constantly).

Arc traps all day every day for me.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I'm the 2 arc traps right on top of each other, right in front of the harvester

lmao yeah that about sums it up

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I feel like we need a stealth titan if we get another one (we're not getting another one), most of the pilot abilities have a rough titan analog except cloak. Grapple too I guess, but you tell me how a grapple titan would work.

Wallrunning titan please.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Snak posted:

When it does enough damage to take them into a doomed state, they juat blow up instead?

Yes.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

NEW FEATURED MODES
Aegis Titan Brawl: Standard Titan Brawl but with your Aegis Titans.
Aegis Last Titan Standing: Standard Last Titan Standing but with your Aegis Titans.

:getin:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Digirat posted:

Are there any new maps for FD? I heard there would be but don't see a mention of one in the patch (that one at the top seems to be for competitive)

Yep, it'll have Exoplanet, Drydock, and Angel City FD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

IMO the worst thing about War Games is people that quit when it comes up.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 28, 2017