Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

veni veni veni posted:

let me rephrase that. The concept kicks rear end as a game and I like it. The idea that warfare is carried out by people parkouring all over and jumping into robots is hilarious. Why are they getting out of the robots in the first place? it doesn't need to make sense it just makes me laugh when I think about it.

Every game is like this though?

Why don't you start every match in MW2 with the nuke? Why don't Halo dudes start with a rocket launcher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Field Mousepad posted:

The big robots are in a big transport ship that takes longer to get there then the small ship with the small humans on it you goddamn idiot.

I always thought it was because the robots are in flat pack boxes to save space, and it takes a while to assemble them because there's only one Allen wrench

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

What player?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Carecat posted:

Do we know exactly when it unlocks? Midnight release? I searched but kept finding times for beta.

What platform and country? In God's chosen country on His chosen system it's 12:01 AM EST

https://majornelson.com/2016/06/13/titanfall-2-is-now-available-for-digital-pre-order-and-pre-download-on-xbox-one/

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I'll play on hard first time through and I imagine that'll add a few hours. It's exciting that the SP is getting such high marks from reviewers.

I think you mean troubling.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

I guess Slash is concerned that EA might be paying the reviewers off? I dunno. :shrug:

My issue was more "who cares about Titanfall single player?"

I know they added it in because reviewers killed them for it last time, but it was never the point of the game. I know I can discount any of these reviews that spend 2/3 of the time talking about it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Voliun posted:

Some double XP codes for people who don't want to eat Doritos or drink Mountain Dew.

TKAXCPTZ77
A7T7ATYNMF
6N7KS6AB6S
YCYBFLSLMT

I took the third one, thanks!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Emron posted:

Something clicked with me last night and I started being a consistent contributor last night. I'm running the hemlok (which owns) with map hack and cloak. Map hack is too strong, and the hemlok feels just right to me.

I'm also using scorch, the best and strongest robot warrior. One thing I can't tell yet: can flame shield kill a rodeo?

Flame shield used to be able to kill rodeoing pilots but they patched it out.

Other than electric smoke, I think only Scorch and North star can hit rodeoing pilots. They both can do the old back scratch maneuver with thermite/cluster missile.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Smart pistol seems worse, because it now alerts pilots when they're being locked on. I think cloak breaks the lock and phase shift definitely does, only seen one person run it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

the devs have already acknowledged this and are likely going to be nerfing it, along with probably legion

Legion seems to be OP mostly because people are bad fighting him. The amount of people that try and go head to head astound me. He's also probably the easiest (or second easiest) Titan to use.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Orv posted:

The other options being? The maps don't allow you to hunt and peck a Legion to death, you're going to have to fight and kill it or just run forever.

I disagree, you can basically corner peak him down on any map. Don't bother engaging while his shield is up, just wait it out. The one thing I would change is making it more obvious when smart core is active. Also possibly a little more spread on long range mode.

Legion's whole design is "This guy wins toe-to-toe fights"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I initially thought it was stupid your Faction didn't change your appearance, but I assume this was done so you know what perk your opponent is running.

Fat guy? Cloak. Robot? Stim.

From a game design perspective it actually makes a lot of sense.

Some of them are too close visually for me, like stim and phase shift.

Also, robot pilots getting stim ruins MY IMMERSION.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

I hope they're gonna tweak the Devotion, because that gun's some poo poo right now.

All the LMG's are garbage, but that one is super garbage. What's it's supposed to be used for, shooting Titan's from behind a wall? I think it's the worst anti-pilot gun in the game.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Voliun posted:

More codes for more XP.

BAY7ZHC7AZ
N7C6KYA7FC
LK6TPXKZ7M
NXFC7YMTAX

Took the third one, thanks.

I think they're all gone now.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Does regening my pilot make me lose all my camos? What do I keep and what do I lose?

Regenning your pilot starts you over at level one, re-locking everything except what you've purchased with bitcoins.

Your guns/titans stay the same level, you never lose anything you've unlocked on them.

You keep all your pilot camos except for the ones for being level 20/30/etc.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Kenshin posted:

So is Maphack just the best ability by far?

I was just playing a round and it seemed like everyone on the enemy team had it and I (and most of my teammates) would just die before we could see the enemy. No warning, I'd pop around a corner running at full speed along walls and BAM some rear end in a top hat kills me from a rooftop across the map.

Yeah, if you can get your team to run a critical mass of sonar/hack/tone you will snowball to a win fast.

It's not surprising, you get close to 100% uptime on wall hack. The only counter is cloak, so try switching to a cloak/battery/tactikill class. Even the jammer boost doesn't block the wall hack component.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

^burtle posted:

JackDarko made me play Bounty Hunt and it makes me sad there isn't just regular Team DM.

Regular TDM (skirmish) is one of the two modes in 8v8, it's the only place you'll find out.

I think 8v8 is the best mode, not a big fan of AI. Man's the deadliest game, etc.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

I'm considering using Scorch for a while with the boost option, anyone who's been playing longer can attest to its efficiency?

Boost is everyone's best option in kit 1? I can't imagine playing a Titan without a boost, especially one as reliant on peeking as Scorch.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Eldragon posted:

I'm just really happy the tier 0 guns for terrible newbies like me are viable. Too many games give the newbies the shittiest guns and expect them to survive against the best guns that take 20+ hours of play to unlock.

So far my only complaint about the game is the first Titan you get in the SP isn't in MP.

Lock on missile would just be too OP. I guess they could only make it lock onto Titans, but if so what's the point?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

PlushCow posted:

I've been enjoying the Mastiff shotgun, so satisfying, and with the spread somewhat forgiving if you cant aim perfectly.

A question for those in the know: what should Scorch's shield stop specifically? It feels like it doesnt stop poo poo like the titan with the minigun shooting me, but I used credits for the shield duration mod and have used it to great effect burning titans I can get close enough to, but as a shield sometimes it feels iffy that it's stopping what it should.

Shield stops every normal attack (not sure about cores) but they can shoot around it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

is anyone else getting way more exoplanet matches than any other map? a lot of times it feels like eden, exoplanet, and the bridge are the only levels in the game

e; this is bounty hunt on ps4

Lucky for you, exoplanet is the best map in the game.

Lemming posted:

I think you can leave your match as soon as the game is actually over without any penalty, win or lose

I just wish there was a way to leave early as a party. Let them all get a free evac merit, I don't care.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

You definitely get an additional merit, sometimes two, for both escaping and destroying the transport.

You get nothing from destroying the plane aside from the satisfaction of denying the enemy team a merit.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mordja posted:

Anyone know how to use the Cold War? It seems kind of weak to me. I've only just started using it but it looks like you've got to hit with every shot in the burst to kill someone, it doesn't have a lot of splash, and of course its trigger is on a charge. I've loved all the other grenadier weapons, so I'd like to make this one work too.

Cold war basically seems to just be for AI farming. It'll get you killed vs pilots that see you and doesn't do much to Titans, but in bounty hunt it'll get your Titan right quick just shooting at fresh drop pods.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Senethro posted:

The Cold War is for wallrunning figure of 8s at twice monorail height around the tall buildings of Eden while you piss grenades on all the infantry below. It drops off hard when Stalkers and Reapers show up.

As an aside, Reapers are super dumb and either need to be removed or have anti-titan weapon damage and titan meter earn rate boosted massively. Attrition is such a massive pain once they show up, especially on foot.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mordja posted:

I like the addition of Reapers, since they're scary on foot and serve to keep you moving. In other words

Attrition AI's seem to be a lot more sparse. Once Reapers/Stalkers show up, who am I supposed to kill as a pilot? The other team is mostly in Titans and the AI is way to tough to quickly bring down solo and you don't get meter for assists. You're basically left with peeking Titans and that's no fun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

I dunno, Titans feel too drat filmsy in this and I feel like Anti-Titan weapons are a little too good, the Mag Launcher will shred your poo poo quick. The Titans don't feel like the giant machines of death like in the first one where you could safely run around crushing mooks, punching pilots and having Godzilla-like showdowns with enemy Titans. Now I see all of the Titans grouping up and playing cautiously while taking pot-shots from each other from across the map.

I'm not big on the amount of damage pilots can do to a Titan with their AT weapons (especially against Northstar and Ronin), that should be reserved for stealing batteries and lobbing grenades into the brain.

I agree. Especially since most Titans don't have an effective way of shooting pilots on the high ground. Things like an amped make America great launcher just shred.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
As a heads up, both versions of Titanfall 2 are on sale for $32, $28 with GCU at Best Buy. If you already own it, get some as Christmas gifts.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Every time a match devolves into teams camping roofs I die a little inside.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I think they need to give grunt finder to everyone in attrition. It's way too empty.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

I almost exclusively play amped hardpoint :toot:

My favorite mode is 8v8, because I'm a monster.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

It's still pretty easy to see cloaked pilots when then aren't firing as a pilot, the point of the cloak is is messes with titan sensors so titans can't see you at all while you're cloaked.

The busier the scene is the better cloak becomes. They're pretty easy to see silhouetted against the sky, but when the scene gets busy it's real easy to miss them or not see them immediately, and with the low ttk that's enough to get you killed.

I definitely think shooting should break cloak permanently. Cloak should be for initiating and escaping, not something you run all the time. With battery your cloak is up more than it's down, which is crazy.

Also, amped wall is cancer. They need to buff some of the more fun abilities, like hologram and grapple.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

guns for tits posted:

Jesus Christ, Legion spews out a shitload of damage.

I'm curious how fast the new legion kit will shoot the second power shot. It does a surprising amount of damage, like a charged north star shot.

Also, does North stars piercing shot work on barriers/shields or only Titans?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

YouSpoonyBard posted:

The best thing about the Thunderbolt is that it feels like it charges your Titan meter really fast. It does decent damage and it has more range than the MGL, but I still feel like the MGL is my preferred AT weapon because it seems to do the most damage.

Thunderbolt shoots a slow moving, enemy piercing, AOE that can hit multiple times. Unless you're hitting direct shots with the ball you're not doing much damage, but when you fire it into a mess of Titans it generates a whole lot of meter.

MGL is definitely the most deeps, only issue is it's pretty easy to get out ranged. Really, all the AT weapons are good they just have their own niche.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Checked the OP and didn't see anything, is there a really good new player guide somewhere? I am very bad. :(

Also does this game have an mmr system of some kind? It seems like I'll play a game where I do ok and then a game or 2 where I may as well have not been there and I am curious if it's just putting people together at random.

http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2s-matchmaking-is-based-on-skill-and-contribution-to-matches/

According to a Dev diary there is an Elo type system in place.

It doesn't really seem like it does anything, but that may be because I'm always in a party.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

92% wins?! Jfc is that even fun?

Winning is fun. We don't lose much on the xbone, I'd day most of those losses are from backing out to pick people up or crashes

Knifegrab posted:

Had 86 advocate gifts waiting for me.

For the life of me I cannot find the film grain slider.

Amateur

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24035579

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Skyscraper posted:

This is a question probably as bad as yesterday's "how I auto-titan??" but do people have good tips on phase shifting? Cloak was my best upgrade, but now with it turning off on gunfire, it's of some limited utility. Phase shift is perfect stealth, but I'm not entirely sure how to use it without risking ambushing myself because I can't see where the enemy is before I unshift. Is there a good rule of thumb to follow about it?

Sure, you can use it to escape or cross open areas, but where's the fun in that? I've found it most effective to run behind someone, especially if they don't realize you're there in the first place. In general try to position yourself so you reappear in an area they're not covering.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/23786374

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24061592

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Taiso posted:

you have to download the 7-11 app, and buy 2 dew or dorito products (2 dew drinks, or 2 doritos, or 1 dew + 1 dorito) and have them scan the app at checkout, and they email you a code. I've not gotten my email yet though

You have to do it twice. The first time they'll send you the pilot outfit, the second time is BT.

It took about 48 hours to get it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Could not disagree much more. Phase Shift is fantastic at attack. Be moving in one directions slowly, shift, move fast as gently caress and be where you shouldn't. It's a decent last-resort defensive, but you should only use it otherwise to make your attack more surprising. It's predictable if they see you phase out.

I totally agree with this, I try to always shift outside their FoV and appear where they're not looking.

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 1, 2016

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mailer posted:

I see these gifs and I wonder what the hell is up on PC. On xbone the second you phased there would have been a trail up the wall, which the dude would have followed. About half a second between the trail vanishing and you popping back in you'd have been destroyed. I really, really can't wait for this weekend.

At least on the xbone you only seem to leave a visual cue when you phase in/out, traversal leaves nothing. I can't imagine it's any different on the pc, do you have a clip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Magnus Condomus posted:

You definitely leave a faint sparkle trail even on xbone. Its inconsistent though. I've seen it on the kill cam after dying before.

Shows what I know. I still maintain if you hide the initial shift that Titanfall is such a busy game people won't notice the trail.