Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i usually get my fill of fps mp in the free beta weekends but i hope the sp is decent on this for if i buy it next year or whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Digirat posted:

Why on earth are they releasing this so close to battlefield? EA owns both and could set better release dates

cause they hope to take a small chunk of cod sales from idiots wrapped up in the trailer hate, dudes who can't wait a week to buy the game they really want, etc.

they had a contract for the game, the money was probably already invested, may as well use it strategically to flood the market with future shooters ahead of your rivals most important title of the year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The network code is alpha. The game is probably nearly completely finished by now

Game should default to being in a titan. Should only be a pilot when you lose your titan and then you gotta steal one or go back to spawn or something. Maybe put a salvage class titan in there or something idk.

Terrain should be deformable by titans crashing through buildings too

Why make a robot game that uses robots like a powerup instead of the main thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

battery stealing is fun. it would be cool if they could take it further and do like a ctf where you score based on how long your team's titan has the battery pack

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Antoine Silvere posted:

Yeah the grapple is really good but if the stim is as good as it was in the first game you could make a case for that as well.

the healing aspect is wasted though because if you get shot you're probably dead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

If you shoot your grapple at another player it will yank them at you and You'll kick them in the face for an instakill :aaaaa:

yeah its sweet its like a titan punch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

campaign info on the game for anyone that cares about sp (starts at 3:47)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455odKZOr-Y&t=227s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i keep hearing the MP doesnt have grunts/specters anymore and that they scrapped attretion mode? is that true?

they are in bounty mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IW does look good. MW remaster will proabably kill both it and TF2 though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I never thought it would come to this but I'm legit torn between getting the new COD or a Titanfall sequel...

red box TF2 for a few nights before cod is out and then switch and see what's better imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I only play COD on PC though because I'm insane.

nah i don't blame you i don't play more than the free beta weekends too often in fps games because i prefer the mouse but don't have a pc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemming posted:

It is very encouraging that they are responding to player feedback. I can't think of another time where there was a "beta" like this and there were any actual changes between it and release.

They have focus grouped these changes ahead of time and this is part of a process to groom you to buy the game by appearing responsive. :tinfoil:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

I'd say this game has some of the best controls I've experienced in a game.

i agree mostly but i get context-bound to a wall run when i don't want one and the grapple gets stuck a lot instead of mantling a ledge it just kind peters out and leaves you hanging. still very good feel though better than most fps.

i also don't like the new map its too mazelike inside the building and i always get lost and miss the bounty deposit window but i guess its my fault

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Antoine Silvere posted:

On the other hand, you'd get marked out of bounds if you went on the top of the buildings in Rise, which was very easy to do. I think their decisions on where to make out of bounds have always been weird :shrug:

Imo they shouldnt let you out of bounds at all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Antoine Silvere posted:

Eh, invisible walls are kinda lame. They give you enough time to get back in bounds so I don't think it's a big deal

Not if you grapple swing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

There should be a geodesic dome made out lasers at the edge of the arenas so it looks like some crazy future blood sport and also you can wall run on them indefinitely as a way to zip around the outer edges. An idea if I was making this game

this is primo poo poo. also why are the cap points the same model as the bank when they could be a new type of titan that you are activating. then you could move it around maybe with a leash so it has to stay in the general area and defeating it would eject the pilot and shut it down to get recapped. idk something more cool than banks you have to capture twice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

Initial beta impressions:

Amped Hardpoint just requires a team swapping out ampers (read: people camping at a point) with other players whenever an amper gets the titan. Problem is, the CoD mindset might have set in since NOBODY amps. Other than that, just make sure to have one amper so you don't ask "why the gently caress did we lose".

Pilot vs Pilot is standard. Not sure what Amped Weapons do.

Haven't tested Bounty Hunt due to net starting to go wonk.

Weapons feel good-ish? Or probably the Spitfire was a good feel weapon.

amped weapons give you extra damage for the remainder of your current life afaik.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

We have a party going with room. Party host is notsosequitur on psn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

game seems cool but i'll probably pass unless the campaign gets super solid reviews. we played friday and saturday and lost like twice at bounty hunt out of dozens of rounds and the flow is just really predictable on each of the 3 maps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Supraluminal posted:

Without a console I can't try myself, but what I'm hearing here is that the objective based modes in this multiplayer competitive shooter discourage players from competitively shooting at each other. I don't think it's surprising that people are doing badly at the objectives then.

you're just encouraged to wait until they have farmed a lot of ai bots before you kill them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

Is there anything better than the grapple? I tried out the sonar spike thing and was severely underwhelmed. Also PS4 goons, I would advise everyone just join under one network. I have no idea why there are two.

Stim is amazing. The speed boost gets you out of trouble or across the map like nothing else. Some maps you miss the grapple though.

This game rules so hard