Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
TF1 was baller as gently caress and i can't wait to have more sidewinder only matches. I also hope they bring back the co-op defense mode cause that took forever to arrive and was actually super loving fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm on m/kb so bumper jumper won't help me much lol, but I'll go screw around in a private match and see if I can't get it down. I'm one of those guys who is okay at wall-running but I still spend far too much time on the ground, which is why I like my dumb person slingshot so much I think. Thanks for the tips!

You can be on the ground, but only for a few minor moments. Hold crouch midair, then jump right after hitting the ground. You can tell by the hipfire cursors usually, or go by sound. You can also pan to the left and right slightly and move in the same direction on the ground slightly while sliding to gain some speed as you bunnyhop. You can also strafe midair, so you can make 90 degree turns and basically run around buildings in circles. You can also use air strafing to move forward somewhat before touching the next wall in your run so you don't go above the wall.

This is all stuff I've just learned about from infra in the discord server the other day so I'm pretty good at bunnyhopping forward in a straight line and not shooting anyone or anything else and pretty terrible at every other part of the MLG pro movement style. But even if you're just running in a straightline just consantly jump, crouch, slide, jump, repeat. If you set crouch to hold instead of toggle in the keybindings you can hold it down the entire time and just jump when needed. FrothyOmen on youtube has a bunch of stuff on how to wallrun/bunnyhop/grapple like a pro (as well as other protier tips about different guns, titans, and everything else.

Networks are neat and all but I usually ignore it and just use discord to find other people and maybe use the network to invite people.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

I think you could do Lasik surgery with an Ion.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Would Tight Fall Deuce work as a large-scale game? In the realm of Battlefield, so to say

As it stands now? Not really. The game is largely about close quarters combat with a sprinkling of medium to long range shooting, usually in the robots. You could probably do something similar on a bigger scale, but it wouldn't really be titanfall anymore. Maybe more like Mechwarrior Living Legends, but it wouldn't really be titanfall.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I've been playing a lot of Frontier Defense and i feel the most important thing to note is that Droz and Davis totally gently caress.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Except the drones can juke weirdly and that just throws the archer right the gently caress off. I think i prefer the thunderbolt by far.

Any way, yeah, the AI is judicious in its ability usage but they tend to use the defensive abilities right at the start of one your offensive ones. For north star this usually means right after the cluster missile hits it the railgun connects, which is fine, but for say, tones tracking missiles it'll pop after the first missile connects so most will be wasted on the shield.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Is legion actually useful? It's felt deadweight to me. Too slow to keep up, and not able to melt entire drops like scorch. So far I think the most useful are probably Scorch, Northstar and ronin, followed by ion and tone, with Monarch and Legion at the bottom, because monarchs damage isn't that great and legion is a huge fatass. Scorch can melt a goddamn lance of titans without even trying, and Northstar is amazing for hitting crits on every Titan in a lane, and Ronin has sword core and nukes. Ion and Tone are a bit better at holding, and their mobility makes up for the lack of damage, ion closer, Tone at range. Admittedly, they are probably all pretty incredibly good at max level (as I've maxed Northstar and Scorch and they're just ludicrously good.

Also while carpeting the map in Arc Mines is hilarious, I can't help but find that nuke rodeos are INCREDIBLY good and way more useful for 500 space buckaroonies

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

A good chunk of us do, the guild is "Titanfall Goons."

Oh cool. I find the game oddly compelling, even if most of my matches are me getting stomped or stomping pubbies. At least 80% of the games I've played have been one way stomps, and maybe 20% if i'm being generous were actually close.

Regardless though, I managed to name my profile after the best character from TF1.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Tone is comparably lackluster in it's output, but it shines in being able to basically shoot missiles at everything on the map once.

Of course this is irrelevant to Papa Scorch, Avatar of Pele, whose utility to is to tell someone to go gently caress themselves, while simultaneously saying that to everybody within fifty feet of the guy you're telling to get hosed. And pretty much always having a 'delete titan' button that is flame core. Good loving grief, I wish you could see a comprehensive stat breakdown after matches because Scorch on rise must be putting out an astronomical amount of damage, kills, and whatever else but I'll never know because i'm always MVP.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Tone is grest fun with double sonar. Got locks onto an entire wave of reapers and the missiles just kept going and going. Not sure I get how to aim the ultimate. Sometimes it seems to ignore my cursor?

Fire the salvo core into the sky, aim down at target, enjoy top down attack mode.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I don't like to think of myself as somebody who is really good at this game but it loving kills me at how easy it as scorch to top the leader board, and then play as a loving tone and out damage some pubbie as scorch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Digirat posted:

I have to regenerate 8 times to get the solid pink scorch camo? poo poo

No, you have to regenerate Scorch eight times. Worth every second, and very easy in FD.