Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I hope the greatest gun ever created in a video game, the Smart Pistol, makes a comeback

SUNKOS posted:

I found some extended gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLhQTAA1Yw
This is a really minor thing but I don't like how it swaps to third-person when the player jumps into their titan and does a finisher. I liked how in the first game it was all 100% first person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
They better not ruin the Smart Pistol :mad:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I really want every game to steal the intro/outro poo poo from Titanfall, even if just the generic MP ones. There's something really cool about how instead of just spawning in on the ground after the pre-match countdown you deploy from the dropship and gain control as you jump out, and at the end either trying to evac or stopping the other team from doing so.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Single player looks pretty cool, choosing different things to say to your robot friend probably won't make a difference in the story but it's a neat touch IMO.
Can't wait to romance my robot buddy

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Apparently Respawn showed single player footage to a bunch of people but I couldn't find a link to the raw footage so here's a video from some guy that they retweeted:

http://youtu.be/arCQzdW7wiI

Single player looks pretty cool, choosing different things to say to your robot friend probably won't make a difference in the story but it's a neat touch IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJ6tKbXzOI
Here's the same footage as the other video except without some nerd jabbering on over it

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Carecat posted:

Ability and appearance are tied together? Why? It's not like the guy with the robo arm looks like he is stealthy.
Anecdotal but I feel like a lot of games have been trending towards this recently, especially since Overwatch came out

It annoys the hell out of me because I hate being restricted on how I look based on what equipment/skills I pick :mad:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

SUNKOS posted:

Apparently the Bounty Hunt mode is replacing Attrition. Hopefully the team at Respawn see how much everyone hates it and bring back Attrition, but they may have paid too much attention to the people who never played the original game and complained about all the AI enemies in the levels. I was hoping that we'd see more of that stuff in the sequel (where are the turrets to capture?) and not less. I've no idea why they're pushing the Pilot vs. Pilot mode either.
Having mobs of AI running around was one of my favourite parts of Titanfall 1 and if they severely cut down on that I'm gonna be real disappointed :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Supraluminal posted:

Huh, I always thought Attrition was very much a secondary mode. I just wanted to mix it up with enemy pilots. The grunts were cute window dressing, and Attrition could be OK as a change of pace, but the main attraction for me was fighting directly against other people.
You mix it up with other players in attrition plenty though. I mean yeah technically the best way to play Attrition was to avoid enemy players and farm AI but let's be real, that's very much not possible in practice as people will search you out and try to shoot you. Attrition was very much TF1's TDM mode and I thought it was a pretty decent twist on it. Not to mention even on modes not scored on kills like Hardpoint having the AI around is useful because you can use the to charge your titan/core meter and use friendly ones as sort of locators for enemy pilots when they get wiped out horribly.

MrBond posted:

Is pilot vs pilot just deathmatch free for all, no teams and no AI grunts? That sounds like they're chasing the battlefield/COD crowd that complained about the AI grunts :(
I saw a video of pilot vs pilot and it's 6v6, no titans, no AI

I am not amused :mad:

E: Just pretend I made a scathing remark about how it'll be the most popular gamemode because people hate fun or something here

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 19, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Knifegrab posted:

TF1 also had a pilot v pilot only mode just fyi.
Did it? I only recall the Pilot Hunter mode which was basically Attrition (so it still had AI and titans in it) but only pilot kills counted.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Article was taken down?
Have to remove the period from the url http://www.shacknews.com/article/96446/titanfall-2-game-director-on-a-slower-paced-multiplayer

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Peach Pusher posted:

Thank god I had the ability to have fun in the other non-attrition modes in TF1. I don't really get the 'attrition only' mentality.
As someone who mainly played Hardpoint in TF1 I was pretty sad to find out they removed AI from the game mode. I'm hoping they go and add AI to all the modes but somehow I get the feeling they won't. :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

SUNKOS posted:

There really is a lot of atmosphere missing from the game however that isn't just relegated to the AI grunts & spectres. I also miss the capturable AI turrets (and being able to use the hacking knife on spectres) and the huge battles that occurred in the levels (lots of dogfighting ships in the sky and the giant laser firing up to take out a battleship in Outpost 207) as well as all the alien wildlife such as the flying creatures in Boneyard and the huge dinosaurs on the perimeter of Airbase. That combined with all the radio chatter and constant dropships flying in to spawn more AI grunts and drop pods unleashing spectres was really cool.
The best part was when the flying creatures would randomly swoop in to gently caress up a grunt or two before flying off.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well, keep in mind under the old system you could still rodeo Scorch if he was in a fight with another Titan since he wasn't go to squat down and try to roast a bitch if he was being shot at.

There's that new perk that gives you two uses of Electric Smoke at the expense of a Dash...woof. Hard choices.
Gonna take choice C: none of these cause nuclear ejection is in the same slot

Never not nuclear eject

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

runchild posted:

Combination of both. I think a lot of the negative reaction to the tech test was people instinctively lashing out at anything different. There are still some holdouts who think 3rd person animations or no Titan shields are dealbreakers, but most people have come to accept the changes. On top of that, the changes made after the first weekend (movement adjustments, titan timers) and the reveals of things missing from the tech test (attrition) have rendered a lot of the original concerns obsolete. Plus all the new stuff revealed since then and the date getting closer and closer have naturally increased the hype levels.
Yeah once they announced that Attrition was back I was back on board. I'm still sad that there's no AI in the other modes since I loved playing Hardpoint in the first game and having no AI just makes it look so empty but whatever I'll just stick to 24/7 Attrition. I also really want 1st person animations but that's more an aesthetic thing and lol if it's a dealbreaker that stops you from wanting to play the game.

Psion posted:

the only measure of a good Titan is how many missiles it can fire at once
Sorry but I'm gonna be rocking Legion at all times with his sweet rear end gat and his core that gives it Smart Pistol lockon

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

runchild posted:

I'm reasonably certain AI only appears in those two modes. Frothy must have been having a brain fart if he said that.
Probably because Frothy didn't actually say that, it was just some other random dude in Frothy's AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/594u3e/hi_rtitanfall_i_am_frothyomen_ama/d95m3v1/

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Peewi posted:

Do factions do anything besides decide your announcer and give you cosmetics when you level them?
Yeah they make it so you never have to suffer under not having the best character in the game, Blisk, as your announcer

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Leveling up your overall level is kinda weird in this game; instead of XP it's based on your merits earned? And leveling up your weapons/titans gives you merits so the best way to level early on is to use every gun and titan available and get the early easy levels done fast? Kind of a neat way to encourage people to try different things I think. Also god drat am I bad at this game, here's a silly video of me trying to be pro as gently caress and it ending predictably:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4dsFuQCjI
Still fun as gently caress though; glad they put Attrition back into the game cause lol if I'm ever playing another mode (at least in their current, AI-less state)

ninjahedgehog posted:

The new AI bots in Attrition are a lot of fun, and I dig that you can use your fancy third-person execution on Grunts as well as players. Please add bots to the other game modes, especially Hardpoint.
They're noticeably more lethal compared to TF1 and I kind of like it. I got lit the gently caress up by a grunt earlier and actually thought I was getting shot by a pilot due to the amount of damage I took.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Sorry but Tone is the best. It's so brutal.
I'm kinda partial to Legion's personally; lifting them up vertically by the barrels of your gun and just unloading.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
If I create a network can I edit what the happy hour is at any time? Or is it set in stone?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Nalin posted:

The only thing I hate about Northstar is its Core ability. The second you take to the sky to rain down your missiles, you are going to take fire from every enemy Titan, and you only have 3 health pips.

Aside from that, Northstar is a beast. Northstar and Scorch have to be my favorites.
How the hell do you play Scorch? Northstar and Scorch are probably my worst performing titans tonight as I cycled through all of them to get those easy levels. I understand Northstar well enough, I'm just bad at it, but Scorch just leaves me scratching my head.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Wazzit posted:

Yeah all the original Titan weapons are in the campaign, fully remodeled/reskinned. Would be nice to see a Chaingun or Quad Rocket titan in MP.
Accelerator Chaingun was my baby in the first game. Its spirit lives on in Legion's gatling but it just isn't the same without the aimpoint buckling up and down as your titan attempts to compensate for the recoil.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

RatHat posted:

Does changing the range for Legion's minigun affect the damage at all or just the spread? Seems like long range is the best mode for 95% of situations.

EDIT: By the way do you guys use Auto-sprint?
Long-range takes double the ammo per shot and does double the damage. Only reason to use the close range is if you don't want the zoom and to use the power shot better (according to a tooltip I got the close range PS does more damage).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Knifegrab posted:

Well if we're getting technical He uploads a "part" of himself during that mission so its possible he uploaded the rest during the part Jockstrap is talking about..
One thing I noticed while replaying the campaign to pickup all the helmets: During the sequence where you have to hold W to help BT get into the cannon and it's displaying the protocols the entire time it says "Uploading..." and some stuff about the Link OS at the bottom of the screen, implying that he is uploading the rest of himself into the helmet.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I think I hate Homestead (the big open one that has almost no walls to wallrun on) the most to play on, but Crash Site is automatically the worst by default due to not having a map intro, what the gently caress. :mad: Oh and I guess it's also pretty lovely to play on too.

Magnus Condomus posted:

Most of of the complaints during the beta seemed to be asinine "why is this not like titanfall 1!" complaints, and then also people thinking that a tech test meant to stress test their servers and netcode was representative of the final games content.

They did improve some things though, like pilot speed and balance stuff.
I never played the tech test but IIRC from what I've read they changed a bunch of stuff like movement and titan eject height to be, ironically enough, more like Titanfall 1

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

victrix posted:

Ion ruins Legion solo. So does Ronin for that matter.
I was going to say that this was really wrong but then I remembered that you're on a console so the Legion probably can't instantly 180 no-scope you in the face after phase dashing and win the DPS race (if you don't have sword core). On the PC I try to avoid soloing Legions in Ronin because they usually just drill you with that loving gat no matter what.

victrix posted:

Whenever that pc patch drops that helps with more reliable titan executions, that'll help Ronin a ton, I had a fight earlier where I swung four or five times with a sword core sword on a doomed Titan and wound up losing all my health and getting executed because it refused to trigger :psyduck:
Can't get executions during sword core.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I was hesitant to try Master difficulty in the campaign because a couple of people in this thread posted about how it forces you to take cover and peek and poke but I started it today and thankfully you don't actually have to do that. If you play it like an MP match, wallrunning and sliding as much as possible it seems like the best way to survive since the faster you move the harder the accuracy of the enemy drops.

victrix posted:

Wait, on PC they can turn while arc stunned? :psyduck:
Can you not turn at all while arc'd on the console? For pilots it fucks up your aiming sensitivity a bit but I've never had any issues with turning in my titan that I can recall, and no one else seems very affected by it either. :shrug:

victrix posted:

... that's beyond retarded. Welp. Guess I'll be trying a different tack tomorrow then.
I'm ok with it honestly because I'd had to waste like half my core getting an execution. It'd kinda weird that you had to hit a dude who was doomed like 5 times too because doomed state is 2500 HP and Sword Core is 2200 damage.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Conot posted:

(Yes, I know my aim sucks)
Greetings fellow "can't aim worth a poo poo" gamer

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

RatHat posted:

I'm getting really tired of doing all the work to put an enemy titan into Doomed and then getting no points for it because someone else got the finishing blow.
Yeah but you still get the XP for your weapon/titan so who cares

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Sab669 posted:

I initially thought it was stupid your Faction didn't change your appearance, but I assume this was done so you know what perk your opponent is running.

Fat guy? Cloak. Robot? Stim.

From a game design perspective it actually makes a lot of sense.
This is exactly what Respawn said why they did this when asked, and it makes sense on paper but I personally disagree with it making sense in context of playing Titanfall 2. The game moves so fast and the pilot ability only one of many tools in a pilot's toolkit that "countering" pilot abilities is inherently reactionary anyway. Honestly, if anything, it'd make more sense to base the model on which weapon type the enemy is using, since approaching someone with a sniper is much different than approaching someone with a shotgun, and while I've been in plenty of fights where someone hasn't used their ability on me, I can't remember the last time I got into a fight and the other person didn't shoot their gun at me.

Really though, I wish I could choose to be a robot at all times, :rip: Spectre camo

Lemon-Lime posted:

Spitfire: 80/?
80/96

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Knifegrab posted:

I actually find it pretty easy to recognize a player. If I see a cloak dude while I'm in my titan and then I notice he is missing I try and act squirelly/punch in the air and sometimes I get a kill.
Yeah sorry I was mainly speaking from a pilot vs pilot perspective, but yeah titan vs cloak pilot is the only time I can think of that knowing what ability their running right away is useful. Everything else is like "oh, well that happened" then you shoot them in a face anyway.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Elliotw2 posted:

I don't know why they force you to start with the marauder corps since it's not like each network does anything different. Let me pick the announcer for my first 300 matches instead of giving me the worst one.
People complained about there not being enough unlocks in TF1 so they added all the unlocks, ALL OF THEM

For real though if I wasn't saving 300 credits for the Grand Theft Semi-Auto execution I'd buy Apex just so I could always have Blisk as my announcer. Probably Barker's faction as tell

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I got the Target Camo and it's actually pretty cool, and unlike the Mountain Dew Camo or BF1 camo, you can apply it to every pilot, weapon or Titan.
For real I was salty af when I found out I couldn't use the Red Baron camo on Legion

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Kontradaz posted:

Got a quick question for ya'll: is this worth to get? Just saw an article about the sales figures being so underwhelming they may shelve the franchise... will the MP be dead in like a month too? Don't want to spend $$$ on a primarily MP game with no future.
Not only has EA straight up said that they don't want to shelve the franchise, but the whole "disappointing sales" thing was a third-party thing unaffiliated with EA.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Man, talk about a hot extract:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjiXWXJLTbc

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Wazzit posted:

Yeah it's not great, I think the Vortext from TF1 was able to absorb much more damage than this one. Luckily there are still plenty of pubs that don't have a lot of brain power. :downs:
It's me

I'm that retard

I'm just so used to hammering down the other shields I sometimes forget that you can't do that to the Vortex

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

radintorov posted:

Only thing I think Hardpoint lacks are AIs (just basic grunts and spectres) to fill the map a little.
Also have them able to interact with the control point like they did in the original.
I've probably said this like a million times but I really miss having AI in all the game modes in the first game and is the #1 reason I stick to attrition in this one, whereas in the first game my most played game mode was Hardpoint.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So you'd think an ability that makes you hover when ADSing while in the air would be instant death in this game but the amount of times I've killed someone because they keep expecting me to to flying forward when I suddenly brake in mid-air is great. :allears:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Yodzilla posted:

Also I unlocked the Thunderbolt and it might be the most ineffective weapon I've ever used in a shooter. Why does this exist? Single shot with terrible reload, does almost no damage, and the projectile is slow as hell.
The trick is to use it like the BFG from the new Doom: the ball of electricity fires out lightning bolts as it flies so you fire it past a titan and watch as it zaps the hell out of it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ciaphas posted:

Crash site might be bad but Exoplanet is certifiably the worst

In a game where parkour and general The Floor Is Lava nonsense reigns supreme who the hell makes a map that's that open :mad:
Are you sure you're not talking about Homestead

Cause that sounds like Homestead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe I got it mixed up yeah, the generally green one with a couple towers on the outside, huge hilly plains and two or three small colony buildings in the center
Yeah that sounds like Homestead. For reference:

Homestead

Exoplanet

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 6, 2016