Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

You can usually survive a nuke if you have one dash and book it immediately on seeing the eject. I can usually make it out in a Tone with a single dash after failing to execute as long as I don't get stuck on something.

Nuke eject doesn't actually have a big range. If you just turn and run when it starts off then you can almost always escape or at least get far enough away that it only does 1 pip of damage.

The only time I ever get killed by it is if I was chewing it up as Legion at close range and had my gun shield on, because then I can't spin down and I'm too chunky to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I really hope they change their mind on these terrible vague patch notes because as far as I can tell nothing has loving changed with tone or legion.

I feel like they've made the pilot hitbox for Tone's cannon a bit less generous. I think the initial plan with Tone was that it was supposed to be weak against pilots because all it has is a slow firing precision cannon and it can't shoot missiles at them, but then they made it too easy to hit pilots with the cannon so Tone ended up being super good against both titans and pilots and had no real weaknesses.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Is there much of a counter to legion besides 'more legions'?

Nuclear eject and Scorch. He can't spin down when he's using the gun shield so you just wait for him to pop it and either explode in his face or set all his poo poo on fire and he isn't able to run away.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Tone needs to be nerfed, whatever MYSTERY NERF they did was not enough. Having a gun that can pick off pilots across the map, the ability to poo poo missiles all over other titans, and a shield that blocks loving everything including the Scorch flame wall is loving dumb.

also the cloak isn't OP but everyone who uses the cloak in this game should feel bad

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Moola posted:

Same'ing the "I drop a full clip into someone, they turn around and wing me a few times and I die" experience

Tiered guns suck

There aren't really tiered guns it's just that every automatic weapon in the game is trash. 100% of them(maybe not the devotion but the ammo for that is rather rare and I don't like it so I haven't really tested it). They're all total rear end. By the end game everyone is rocking purple armour and helmets because they're actually kinda common, they don't break and you can repair them to full very easily, so everyone has either found one or killed someone who found one. This means that everyone has twice as much health as standard, plus if you don't kill them in one engagement they pop full heals and are back in 15 seconds. Automatic weapons all seem to do damage in the 10-20 range and have ammo capacities in the 15-40 range, with sizable recoil. This means that you are not going to down someone in one magazine unless they move predictably. If they fire back with one of the semi-auto or burst guns, which have much lower recoil and do damage in the 40-90 range, they are going to kill you first because it's easier to keep their shots on target and you can pretty easily put 4 or 5 Wingman rounds into someone before they can magdump, reload, and magdump again. I say the Devotion is a possible exception because it shoots monstrously fast but the ammo for it is pretty scarce. I've seen people get deleted by it, though.

Basically what I'm saying is that the best guns that you can expect to reliably find are the Wingman and the Peacekeeper because you can easily chunk someone at mid-close range with a few shots from either of them and their ammo is common enough considering that they're both pretty efficient. Anything that fires light ammo is garbage and only marginally better than punching except the Scout which, while it sucks, can mount a sniper scope and serve as a pair of binoculars. Anything that fires energy ammo is impractical due to the scarcity of it, especially considering how fast the Devotion chews it up. Heavy ammo guns and Shotguns are the good guns that actually kill people, although the LMGs are traps that will eat all your ammo in exchange for not enough DPS to kill a guy with a wingman before he kills you.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

truther posted:

Why the gently caress is Apex Legends relegated to the TF2 thread. This is seriously dumb.

it's not, there's an apex legends thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881396

it has already reached the first funny number of pages, 69

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the wingman elite is the best gun in the game, actually

if your loadout isn't a wingman elite, a wingman, and a second wingman then you are playing wrong

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ularg posted:

Monarch is good for being an rear end in a top hat that never dies. It's fun for steamrolling pub groups. That said I'm still scorch for life.

scorch is the best, with the damage bonus kit the shield is basically a microwave

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Tone is super easy to use, I sometimes go back to him when I don't really want to deal with running around everywhere trying to ambush people as Scorch. Speaking of Tone, what's the thread consensus on his kits? I quite liked the second ping on the pulse echo kit simply because sometimes it's impossible to hit all the titans stacked up more than once each. Enhanced tracker rounds ping twice for critical hits but again you have to hit each at least twice rather than just get a single hit and two pings for free with the pulse echo.

every time i try and play a titan other than scorch i find myself missing the ability to charge directly into enemy titans and put them in the microwave

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Back when you could give him 2 boosts via the turbo engine kit it was a lot more fun for you and a lot more terrifying for other titans on the receiving end of a Scorch dashing with a flame shield extended. Of all the titans to get nerfed in that way, the two fuckin' slowest??

if a scorch gets into melee range with more than one pip of health you literally just die so it's okay that they made it slightly less easy to do that

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

there's a lot of stuff in this game that is actually aggressively unfun and should not be there, which was not impacting the game previously because the remaining playerbase were mostly people who were really into the game's unique and fun gameplay and therefore had no desire to use any of it

the influx of new players do not share this view and are very much using it, which is why you get teams that like, all use the Northstar and just form a clump in the biggest open space in the map to camp it forever, or people who actually use the smart pistol

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Kazzah posted:

I played nothing but Scorch back when the game first came out, but when I came back to it I found him unplayable. You're just so slow, and your gun is just so slow. Forget shooting pilots with that thing. Anyway Ion rules.

I've actually gotten quite good at nailing pilots with the scorch cannon. the hitbox is incredibly generous and it always one-shots them even if you just barely clip them. in fact, it's titans that I tend to avoid shooting with it: the damage it does is not all that good and it is painfully slow to reload so for anything other than occasionally taking potshots while maneuvering I avoid getting into any kind of shooting exchange. Actually killing enemy titans is all about forcing them into a rock and a hard place: traps and firewall behind them, inferno shield in front. If you back them into a corner, ambush them at close range, or cut off their retreat you can disintegrate them rapidly while taking minimal damage yourself. If you get into a fight where they have room to retreat and they spot you while you're too far away to dash into melee range, then just back off. Don't push it. Also, if an enemy is caught in a fire trap, don't be afraid to charge into it with them. The combination of fire trap damage and shield damage will melt even a Legion in 2 seconds, at which point you can start the execution animation and dodge the rest of the damage. The traps will have burnt themselves out by the time the animation is over so you're able to wipe an enemy titan in a second while taking maybe half a pip of self-damage in the process. And save your flame core for the ones that's get away: don't spend it to initiate a fight, use that time to get into melee range and melt someone, then if they're able to dash back out of range hit them with the flame core to finish them. It goes quite a distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Proletarian Mango posted:

Wow the Cold War is incredible and I never see it used. Is the 100 credit buy price really that much of a gatekeep? Using it in conjunction with the Wingman to finish off the rare pilot I didn't 1-hit KO made me feel like John Wick. And what's going on with the Alternator? The range on that thing is crazy good and the accuracy seems to hold up too but everybody uses the Car.

everybody uses the CAR because the CAR is the weapon that everyone knows is generically good, but the Alternator and Flatline are also generically good in pretty much the same way and which one you want to use is up to preference more than anything else