Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently there's some kind of big push to get a ton of people playing on May 1st

in anticipation of this i have bought and downloaded the game, i havent played since the first TF game on my old 360 and i'm so excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Origin, it was a bit cheaper than steam. Hopefully it’s all the same servers.

I did find it on some reselling site for $7 but the site was a little sketchy.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The downside to this coming out in 2016 is that everyone seems to have been playing for the last five years. I’m dying a LOT, oof. I’m sure I’ll get better with practice.

Also seems like people basically only play attrition, which I don’t really mind.

Is there any point to actually focusing on grunts and trying to kill as many as possible? I assumed that doing that gets you some titan progress but looking at scores it seems like a lot of people don’t bother

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I will say that playing in the last hour or so has been an insane difference compared to playing at like 3am last night. I don't know if that's because there's a ton of people just now starting to play or because it's earlier in the day, but man. Playing with people that are ALSO new is so much more enjoyable, i'm actually starting to top frag in matches which is great

also i've been experimenting with titans and tone is very cool. speaking of titans, i assume i probably get more mileage out of piloting it myself, but is there any reason to just drop it and forget about it? i know i can leave it at a location or have it follow me, what's my best option?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
8k players on rn, might hit 10k this weekend

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

sigher posted:

It's at 13K currently.

number keeps going up

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

If you don’t want to pilot it, equip the enhanced ai chip and let it do its own thing. Just keep an eye on it if there’s a monarch on the other team: they steal batteries for their execution.

What’s the enhanced AI chip? I looked but I haven’t found anything

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh THAT’S what that does? I wish they would have explained that better

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

still going up, hell yeah

Convinced my friends to play some more and they went from "this game sucks" to "dude this game is great" in like an hour. I'm so proud of them

except the one that likes northstar, he's disappointed me

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
ive basically never swapped off the CAR, it's great

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The fact that apex legends recently introduced a pilot as the new character probably helps too

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i actually haven't had an experience like that, really, although ive played so much over the last two days that im almost g2 so maybe i'm not a newbie anymore idk

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hitting someone with a bullet drop weapon when you're both going mach 6 in opposite directions is the funniest thing you can do in any video game and i stand by that

I'm really trying to get used to monarch but I feel like the shield steal thing is kinda terrible at first, i can barely get to my first core upgrade without being at like 20% health

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i still only feel comfortable with tone, i really need to experiment with other titans

i hit g2 last night, which is concerning since i started like four days ago but whatever i'm having a blast

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
a fuckton of grunts make it feel like an actual WAR, plus it makes you feel cooler as a pilot since it really does make you feel like you're bigger and stronger and cooler than everyone else

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
friendship ended with tone, now scorch is my best friend

throwing a trap and and a flame wall and walking away and watching my flame core build up is the funniest thing ever and i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I had no idea it existed until just now, looks pretty sick though.