Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It wouldn't be Titanfall without some weird market choice that shoots their playerbase in the foot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Seeing the way things were changed in the beta, I am getting a feeling they are going to do something crazy with the Smart Pistol when they reveal it

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
there's twitter remarks from the devs that they are listening to feedback, but it's contradictory

with how quickly the first game fell off I'm sure they are taking the criticisms from it seriously, but they seem to be unaware of the community that loved it but didn't love how there wasn't much of a playerbase

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Looking at streams, it seems the spread on a lot of the weapons is much tighter? Apparently the CAR is bugged so hipfire is more accurate than aiming down the sights, but it does feel like the range of engagement is much further than the first game. Which would explain why TTK feels so short and you can't run around as much anymore

mind you my go-to loadouts in the first were short ranged weapons, so the rampant use of the stock rifle may be skewing my view here

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Instead of ejecting 50 feet you eject 300 feet

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If only there was a mode where AI grunts were roughly evenly scattered around the map(with heavy weight to spawning around pilots) that would offer things for players to do while hunting for other pilots like ziplines, wallrunning all over the place for crazy speed, knife hacking turrets or knife-hacking a possie of spectres. Sounds like something that would resolve the issue with players who are not interested in objective-based gameplay.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Never preorder anything

but gently caress man Angel City? They must have kept that nugget in the wings just in case of situations like the press they were getting

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If the eject height is reduced so much I'd want a titan slot for different eject types

High, almost straight ahead, almost straight behind, super long slide out the bottom of the Titan, etc

goosing just seems drastically easier

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The marketing team for this game is really shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing the developers to mention Attrition is coming back

the fact that there even is a panic shouldn't have happened in the first place

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I know the bits of the trailer where groups of pilots move in sync jumping out of a window are trailer dressing, but I would be completely down with bringing back Spectre hacking as a way of forming a possie

~3 grunts desperately to keep up with you and fire wildly if they see an enemy pilot nearby

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
As burn cards, amped weapons only really showed up once or twice a match. As a killstreak reward the top of the leaderboard is going to have it a hell of a lot more

a lot of the changes feel like complaints by the pro community to make the dominant player even more dominant

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
So not only is it a boost, it's a very powerful auto-aim weapon that's expensive to get

instead of being one of the first weapons you get, honestly a little weaker than most other options and replaces your more powerful options

did they just forget why the Smart Pistol was a good thing

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Phase Shift looks like the tryhard 'the milisecond a damage indicator appears I'm just gone' tool of choice

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
This is not a game I can watch the killcams for

because half the time the guy I was shooting was looking at me for a solid two or three seconds before I could see them, or I just jumped over a wall into their crosshair

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Apparently the campaign team essentially built a bunch of cool levels and bullshitted some story to tie them together

it works shockingly well if this is the case

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I'm not sure how one uses the vanilla grenades, the cook time is so long you really need to prep them when you know somebody is coming

and at that point why not just shoot them?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Aw man we lost, it's okay... wait we won?! Alright!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Holopilot works pretty well since nobody ever runs holopilot

Would be fantastic if they could do absolute basic pathing around objects, but it functions well enough to empty peoples clips enough so they can't immediately kill you

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
jesus the Ion laser vs the Northstar crit target bullseye

Ion feels like an actual jack of all trades Titan, who is decent at a lot of things but not the best any any of them, where Tone is second or first best at everything and maybe possibly is a little weaker than some titans at extreme close range where it can't dash out

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

DMR is hitscan. It is also semi auto. It is also a one shot kill through an A-Wall.

It also doesn't jump all over the dang place like the G2

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Was playing a game last night when I noticed I was getting killed a lot by somebody with the spitfire just racing around the map without slowing down whatsoever. At first I was surprised the gun could actually be good in incredibly skilled hands, until I saw the killcams and the player never once pointed the gun in the direction of anyone to kill them. Some strange hack where bullets always hit their target, no aiming required.

Spitfire is still poo poo.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Every time I try to nuke eject somebody by trapping them in a corner they always seem to be able to slip by, and much to my fury one time somebody was able to completely pin my titan against a wall with their nuke eject

I dunno, maybe if you melee attack a titan in the nuke eject process it goes back half the distance melee attacks normally knockback? You wouldn't have a lot of time to escape after that, but no pinning to the wall nonsense

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The Scorch fire shield is super duper strong and you essentially counter Ronin at close range engagements unless they are smart and just use their leadwall

Ion also does super well at close range with the 5-way splitter rifle, just melt Ronin thinking they get an easy kill

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

I dunno what it is about this drat lemon that keeps me coming back

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The Spitfire is just bizarre. For middling damage and firerate one would hope it has some perk to make it stand out, like how it became more accurate after the first second and a half like the first game. Nope, seems to get increasingly terrible recoil the longer you hold it. This becomes anti-synergy with the massive clip since you are encouraged to keep firing but are punished for doing exactly that. Even bringing back the old behavior would be too little since lethality of more nimble guns is far greater than the first game. The Devotion can get away with dealing less immediate damage because of the crazy damage each bullet can deal, the window where the SMG guns out-damage it is relatively small. The Spitfire plain does less damage per bullet at a slower fire rate and no amount of accuracy increase would help that compared to the laser accurate hipfire some guns have.

It needs some niche, and I feel referencing the first game with the slammer would be a good choice. Either allow you to do the old style rodeo with it and melt titans, or allow it to damage titans without having to hit their weak points and deal a little more damage through weak points. Allows laying down anti-titan fire from range.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Shotgun felt better in the first game, but getting used to pumping three rounds in a guy to kill them at its maximum range makes it tolerable

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I used to really like the Mozambique, until I hopped onto a titan while it was nuclear ejecting and could not shoot the ejecting pilot because my projectile bullets didn't inherit my vertical velocity

Now working with the P2016 and while it isn't fantastic at just laying down surprising amount of death down a hall it gets the job done

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

The Midniter posted:

So I regenerated Scorch and decided to use Ion next. Holy poo poo, I feel like I'm on rocket skates with that thing. Too bad I suuuuuck with the shoulder laser.

What's the best kit for it?

I personally go for the 5-way splitter rifle as it melts people at close range, but you can get some work done with the amped vortex shield

Remember that you can hold the shoulder laser for adjustments, and right clicking while holding down the laser zooms in a little

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There is something about the red parts of Cooper's clothes that really appeals to me aesthetically. I'm tempted to say it reminds me of retro cosmonaut red spacesuits, but I know it's not the right red/orange color

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

For me it's good practice for run-and-gun against titans. I know they're getting a lock-on warning and the second that rocket launches I better be nowhere near that direction. I guess it's not that different from using a non-lock weapon, though.

Also, what's up with getting a lock-on warning as a pilot? Is that just from Smart Pistol/Smart Core?

e: also Archer is definitely the worst AT weapon to have when you're surrounded by Reapers

the lock-on warning you get as a pilot from the smart core is instantly dying

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Northstar targeting optics, nuclear explosion, and hope

I feel the flight should be a toggle, so you can fly infinitely but there's a small cooldown between going up and coming down. Then the core becomes like Ronin where for a period of time all your stuff is boosted. Railgun always starts at half charge, you can dash in the air and dashes regen quickly, cluster missiles basically become the current core for as long as you hold it down, etc

flying isn't a crazy huge advantage as in many situations actually makes you more vulnerable, and I feel matching themes of the core abilities to titan models makes sense. Ogre is producing a super version of your primary weapon, Atlas fires a big burst of your Q, and Stryder makes you generally better at everything for a short while.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Maps are really what I need to get the game going, and if there's any feature I would want added now it's a dedicated Thumbs Up button.

Thumbs up as a Titan, thumbs up as a Pilot, anywhere really

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Except the knife, which, upon stabbing someone in the spine, makes them fall in love with you and fight for your cause.

Robots are not people :colbert:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
After spending four minutes plinking away at a very dodgy titan I sure do appreciate fatass friendly Ogre titans waddling down the hallway I was using to finish off the enemy titan

I need 250 titan kills as Northstar for a sickass skin!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
On console the aim assist on the Hemlock allows all three bullets to hit, on PC it's a common reality that unless the target is going straight towards or away from you one or two of those bullets are gonna miss and it's a significantly less good weapon.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Flatline is like the Alternators drunk Russian uncle

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Faster ADS is absolutely essential for snipers, G2, Hemlock, Mastiff and the Spitfire. I don't think there are any other guns that change at all with ADS, maybe the P2016 but I do fine hipfiring out of desperation so that's probably fine

I have no idea how people go super fast all the time in this. Many attempts at crazy slide jump shenanigans just has me crouching without the slide for reasons I cannot discern.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Mailer posted:

If you're starting with a slide (you probably want to start with a wallrun instead, usually) you need to hold Forward for the slide then let go and never touch it again while slidehopping. If you just crouch instead of sliding you're letting go too early.

I mean more wallrunning, where eventually even jumping to a new wall you just get no speed, or slides suddenly last a fraction of a second and are super slow. I suppose I should figure out the sidehopping junk but I hate that it exists so I'm hesitant to engage with it.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The Flatline has some crazy damage, I feel a better buff for the thing is reducing the maximum horizontal recoil it suffers. So it still bounces around like a lunatic, but within a smaller space

also Northstar hover being based on a fuel system akin to Northstars energy system. Some resource that is used up when hovering that regenerates whenever not hovering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Kill Detector also reveals enemy grunts

Hover also grants a double jump

Wallhang also extends the distance of slides

double jumps sounds super fun and I can't imagine it being as uniformly good as stealth rodeos and reduced sound jump jets