Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The first titan fall owned, and we owned together. Goons should reunite for this to maintain our ~90% winrate. If the enemy teams wins, they're better etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Psion posted:

YOU KILL ME, YOU'RE BETTAH. I KILL YOU, I'M BETTAH

can't wait to play Titanfall 2 with you and as many of the old crew as we can get. Charge rifle only, day 1, book it.

Peep the Reticulated Splines PGS discord (We shut down the old mumble) here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171

That is where the old crew mostly resides, though we've dwindled as of late there are still a bunch of us, including OP, playing dota/overwatch/other dumb games. We're all in on titanfall 2 and hopefully that'll be our hub like it was during titan fall 1 days.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Insert name here posted:

I hope the greatest gun ever created in a video game, the Smart Pistol, makes a comeback

Hallow be thy name.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Blister posted:

Are they going to hobble the multiplayer by splitting the base with paid maps again? :baby:

Nope, all DLC is going to be free.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

So I actually went to the EA Play event at E3 today since it's like 20 minutes from work and open to the public and I got to play a few rounds of Titanfall 2! Here's a brain dump :siren:hot exclusive:siren: of what I got to play:

General Stuff
- There was a new game mode called "Bounty Hunt" where you would go to designated areas on the map and shoot ai or players to build up a meter and when that meter was full it spawned a "boss titan" that you had to kill to get points. Eventually the team with the most points won. Game mode seemed alright, but I think most of us were busy trying out all the new stuff in the game.
- Did not see any reference to burn cards whatsoever so they are either gone or are being reworked or maybe just haven't been shown yet. Who knows! :v:
- There is no passive timer to get your Titan any more; it's now just a gauge that fills up by killing grunts and players and gives you your titan when it's full. It persists when you die so it doesn't seem like that big of a change since if you have eyes in your head at all you'll still get your titan pretty fast.
- The different Titans all had set abilities and weapons, i.e. the big titan ("Scorch" they called it) was locked into a specific set of weapons and abilities. Dunno if this is how it's going to be in the full game or if it was just a demo thing but it sounded like they were trying to give each titan a distinct feel so it might be a conscious choice.

Titans
- The first new Titan I got to play around with the the big fire one, aka "Scorch". It was a big hulking thing kinda like the Ogre from the first one. Here's the abilities and weapons:
--- Didn't seem like it could dash. Could still run though.
--- Main weapon was a one-shot grenade launcher/mortar thing. Had a fiery AoE and decent range.
--- The tactical ability was a vortex shield that was red and instead of holding the bullets in place it melted them. It would also damage titans/pilots/grunts/whatever it touched.
--- The ordinance was a ground slam that made a straight line of fire on the ground that damaged anything in it's path.
--- They added a new thing you could do which, for both titans, was something you would throw out. For this one it was a gas canister that would release gas in an area that you could explode with your gun/fire line shot.
--- Core ability (ultimate, basically) was the "Fire Core" which makes the titan slam the ground with both arms and sends out a cone of fire in front of it.

The other titan was called "Ion". This one seemed similar to the thin zippy titan from the first one (Strider). They also said this titan has some kind of energy mechanic that all its weapons rely on but I didn't really notice it. Maybe I just wasn't shooting enough??
--- Could actually dash, but seemed to only be able to dash once? There was a bar that drained pretty quick when i dashed i dunno :shrug:
--- Main weapon was a rapid-fire pulse gun. Shot orbs that did meh damage, had to focus titans to do any real damage.
--- Tactical ability was the vortex shield from the first game; hold up shield, catch bullets, throw them back.
--- Ordinance was a shoulder-mounted laser that was very precise and that you could charge up to do more damage.
--- Deployable thing was a set of laser trip-wire mines that fanned out and linked up to each other. Anything that crossed the laser (that wasn't an ally) made the mines explode.
--- Core ability was "Laser Core" or something. You charge up a big fuckin laser and shoot if from your chest. Lasts a decent amount of time too.

Pilot Loadout
- They had three set loadouts available to play there. First one was the weird robot-looking guy someone mentioned a few posts down. Main weapon was the carbine from the first gun. Doesn't seemed to have changed much
- The anti-titan weapon was the mag launcher from the first game. Now it's a two-shot burst? whatever
- The explosive was the frag grenade. It blows up
- The pilot ability was the grappling hook. This was fun to use! It will definitely take some getting used to in order to do cool stuff with it, but it's still fun zipping around and Rico Rodriguez-ing pilots and grunts.

- The other loadout I tried was the sniper class. Main weapon was a new weapon called the "double sniper" (or something). It's like a sniper rifle, but if fires two shots at once, and the shots can ricochet. Seemed cool
- Didn't actually get to try the anti-titan weapon because that game was so short :smith:
- Explosive was the black hole bomb you see in the trailer. Does what it sounds like it does: sucks people in for you to shoot at.
- Pilot ability was this decoy thing. You used it and it sends out a decoy of you that goes out in a straight line. The multiplayer trailer seemed to imply it made you invisible or something but I didn't notice that happening. :shrug:

- Didn't get a chance to play the other loadout but it had a new weapon that was an energy SMG. the pilot ability was this sonar ninja star you could throw and it would give you wall hacks in a radius around it.

Minor stuff
- New map was called "Burn Town" or something dumb like that. It seemed pretty big with some underground tunnels but i didn't really get a chance to explore it. Seemed cool though!
- There was a loading screen tip that mentioned energy canisters and being able to pick them up and give them to friendly titans. Nothing like that showed up when I played but maybe it's something for another game mode?
- Game looks a lot better than the first one. Maybe they switched to source 2, lol
- Game felt pretty polished. I'm sure it'll change a bit before release but it felt like they could release it today and it would play fine.
- While waiting in line I saw some pre-game trailer talking about a most of the stuff in the trailers. I also saw a brief shot of what looked like a camo customization screen for your titan so it looks like you can finally do that in this game!

tl;dr: :words: Titanfall 2 looks quite good and was fun to play! Hopefully it doesn't get too buried in the battlefield 1 hype, especially since what I saw of battlefield 1 there made it seem like another bog standard battlefield game :effort:

Also :captainpop:

Yes yes yes!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

AirRaid posted:

Excited for this! I'll probably be jumping in at release with you nerds. :dance:

:getin:

Never have we stomped pubs as hard as we did in Titanfall 1, let the tears flow once more.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I hate both of you. We are enemies. 2v2 me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Insert name here posted:

They better not ruin the Smart Pistol :mad:

Why? If you read the old titan fall 1 thread back in the day you'd know the smart pistol was actually quite terrible, furthermore- :downs:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

ninjahedgehog posted:

Are Titans locked into their weapons and secondaries, or can you mix and match like in Titanfall 1? From what I've read it seems like they're trying to give the Titans more distinctive personalities, but I hope that's not at the expense of customization.

I'm a big fan of the Oscar Pistorius feet too. Tangentially related: I hope playing as a Spectre is a permanent perk this time around rather than a burn card.

They said that weapons and abilities would be tied to the chassis now so you can easily identify the kind of threat a particular titan poses.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Just wanted to kind of gauge the community here, are you guys for or against punching other robots with your robot?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

IronDoge posted:

Destroy all robots.

Wow bro #NotAllRobots jeez.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The single player talk has reignited my interest in this game, I'm looking forward to it more than CoD and way more than BF1 at this point. People who don't like sci-fi shooters can get down and kiss my cock.

If I like sci-fi shooters can I still kiss your cock? :gay:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dude shut up, that's not true, stop it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Truth hurts man, but it's important to move on in life. Robot will never be forgotten, all those memories of the halcyon days, the naps you two took in the rays of dying sun, how you climbed robot arm covered in circuitry and featherlike solar panels, the way robot barked orders at you after you threw exploding barrels in its mouth.

Robot was a good robot. The Last Robot.

Please... please no :cry:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Psion posted:

a reminder to all our new thread residents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxZS2m7-oI

Antoine has a bunch of good Titanfall videos too. In fact, better videos. but he can link his own youtube channel :v:

The greatest of games. Didn't we also do c4/grenades only and still won?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

How does the top gun theme go again?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Psion posted:

we did way too many gimmicks and won. But yes - we had one where we cooked frags only and won. Not even throwing them.

if I remember the list: charge rifles only, Hamtaro pistols only, mag launchers only, Sidewinders only, satchel charges only (note: this is the best strategy), noscope Krabers only, Wingman only.

and then this, literally our finest moment. Even better than that 400-0 win

Actually our best was when we got the streamer to call us hate words and then "unhappy leave".

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Geight posted:

Which platform is going to have the biggest goon presence? Also, will I need Origin to play this game on PC?

PC and yes.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Geight posted:

Hooray, also boo. Not sure if Origin will be a dealbreaker for me or not, the game looks really cool.

Origin sucks because its not steam but it really isn't that terrible.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Taiso posted:

I was surprised to hear the grappling hook is something you have to put in your loadout. I can't imagine wanting to use anything besides it. Better not be a late level unlock or some bullshit.

Wait what?! Noooooooo. What else can go in the grappling slot?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

sarmhan posted:

We know there's 6 'tacticals'- besides the hook, they've shown the pulse blade (throwing knife that gives sonar where it lands), and a holo decoy.

On the one hand I want really cool tacticals, on the other hand I want them to all be lame so I don't feel regret when I only ever use the grappling hook.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/pilots/
Here are the 3 announced abilities, from what I played the grappling hook was too much fun not to use and I didn't bother with the other abilities. I guess the tactical ability determines what your player looks like, so if you choose the grappling hook you get this suave looking spectre with a cool scarf.

There is no way there will be a swanker pilot.

Hace posted:

imagine in the year of our lord 2016, still being mad about the worst gun in a videogame.

Agreed

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Just realized Big O isn't in the thread poll worst thread ever.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I wonder if it could be used to divert someone from your sniper's nest?

Maybe you could use it to distract the person who ends up killing your robo in the campaign :qq:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

He's gonna take a plot bullet for you or your holographic decoy, whichever you prefer.

No robo is smart, robo know difference between holo you and real you, robo stay safe, robo friend.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

For real lets keep posting that dapper bot every page because he's cool and stylin.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Titanfall 1 status: People still get really mad about the SP and the game owns.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

AirRaid posted:

Any of you dudes still play Titanfall 1? I would totes install 50GB again to have some laughs.

We just did this last night and had a blast, we will likely continue to do so, we play anywhere from 6pm - 2 am PDT in the discord listed in the OP.

Be aware there are a lot of scrubs but also a lot of insane try hards who never stopped playing.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

For any San Diego goons:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/756179457958961153

Looks like they're having another event like they did at LA Live during E3 at some Children's Museum in San Diego during Comic-con. Register for the event here:

http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/

It's going on from today til Sunday so you've got a few days.

I'll be going tonight, might do a small write up on my experience.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Played Titan Fall 2. Most of the people here have already talked to most of what I experienced but I will just reiterate.

When you rodeo a titan for the first time you steal its battery. I do not know what that means or does. If you rodeo it a second time you drop a grenade in the area where the battery used to be and then jump off, this deals massive damage. It seems like you can rodeo and just hang onto an enemy titan anymore.

Titan punches are still awesome and obliterate pilots.

The titan I was had lasers. A laser gun, a sholder mounted laser that could fire a single shot of intense damage (insta kills pilots) and some kind of deployable laser thing, no clue what that did. I did turn some pilots into mist with my laser.

I got in automatically into my titan when it fell ontop of me. That was odd.

The grappling hook is awesome. It has a meter that is depleted the longer you reel in. So if your meter is full you can do several short grapples in succession.

Everything is on a meter. Grenades regenerate. It was really odd.

Never got my titan ultimate. Dashing seems way toned down.

Overall it was loving awesome. THe movement mechanics feel even better. It was incredibly satisfying and makes me look forward to it. I don't understand why people aren't excited for this game (all the lines for other games were considerably longer than titan fall).

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

TFall1 was like then when you were a pilot: fast movement, wall-running parkour, and short TTK. Once you got into a titan, it became much more positional and slower paced. One of my favorite parts was the blend of the CoD and Halo styles of OHKs for pilots and regenerating shields for titans.

No more normal regenerating shields for titans though unless you steal a shield battery.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

EA probably doesn't want them to steal too much thunder from BF1, but I'm way more excited for this. :pcgaming:

Its because you are a man of class and taste.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Alehkhs posted:

Here's another brief glimpse of the single-player campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBIoScqqbQU

Looks dope IMO

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Singleplayer looks fun! I couldn't really tell but is he only carrying two weapons? Looks like he switched between 3 or 4 without swapping out or picking up new ones.

When I got to play TF2 you only had two weapons, looks like they got rid of sidearms its just a main weapon and a anti-titan weapon now.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dun na na dun na na na na na dun na na dun na na dun na na naaaa

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-note/

No "Multiplayer Tech Test" on PC. Only on Xbox and PS4.

Those god drat piece of poo poo mother fuckers.

Last minute lovely pc port confirmed?

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 15, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yeah but it to me makes me worried it'll be a rushed PC port and will play like poo poo on launch.

Launch is only two months away and they haven't tested the game on PC pretty much at all by their own admission.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Probably a good idea to say now, don't pre-order. Maybe this game will be like TF1 and will be a blast on PC and will run like a dream. But in case its poo poo don't get burned. No sense in pre-ordering till we know its solid. And as someone who helped lead the charge in TF1 may god be merciful and give us another great titan fall.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

GOD drat YOU CONSOLE JERKS!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Psion posted:

look respawn gotta throw them a bone, they won't get to play on PC with the PC crew. It's really noble of them.

They already have a bone though! An x-bone :rimshot: