Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

So after messing arround with LTS a bit I think tone's shield is weaker now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

Is there much of a counter to legion besides 'more legions'?

Ion can kind of peek/poke him to death, even with his gun shield up there's a crit spot on his shoulder you can hit with her laser shot.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

teh_Broseph posted:

Learned last night that a reaper drop can kill you in a titan!

This happened to me in the single player campaign.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Knifegrab posted:

Its not even that I feel like Tone is unfair but I really am sick of seeing him and only him pretty much everywhere. Legion is more balanced now, not sure what they did but he doesn't seem as bad.

From what I can tell it looks like Legion's smart core now takes a little longer to walk shots onto targets, which gives pilots a very small window to escape, whereas previously it would instantly mulch anyone who got in front of one at all while he has smart core up.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is there any damage difference between Legion's two modes?

The biggest difference is power shot, close range mode fires a shotgun blast that knocks back titans and is great for mulching infantry that get near you, long range mode fires what is essentially a plasma rifle round.

Unless you're expecting to get into a fight in punching range long range mode (the one that turns the HUD red) is the better option.

I'm not certain on what each mode does to the gun itself or how it interacts with smart core because I rarely use close range mode for anything beyond power shoting pilots/AI so I don't have any good comparisons.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This seems like a build with a lot of answers for different situations. Good on ya.

The laser shot has a small delay before firing so a little bit of prediction is needed there as well.

I've been goosed a shitload by Tones, at all ranges. The 40mm is the best anti-Pilot main weapon in the game, hands down.

You can still aim while the laser is deploying so all you need to do is track the target a little, also you can hold the shot for a few seconds to skip having to wait for the animation if you're expecting a shot. Great for hitting pilots as soon as they eject.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

runchild posted:

It's supposed to melt all incoming projectiles, but I've not seen any testing as to what ignores that. I know Ion's vortex shield can't just catch a whole salvo core for some reason.

If you're taking damage from a Legion's normal bullets with your heat shield up the two most likely explanations are 1) he's hitting some exposed bit of your feet or shoulder or 2) you're stepping in your own thermite on accident.

Tone is the only titan with a shield that covers the whole titan, everyone else has parts of their titan that are exposed from behind the shield (legion even has a crit spot that sticks out)

Also Ion's vortex shield loses a little bit of extra charge every time it stops a projectile which is why tone's salvo core can just shoot straight through it. Or he can just arc the missiles around it.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is why the counter to Legion is just an Ion with Turbo. Vortex a bunch of their bullets then dash around the gun shield and hit them in the crit spot with all the bullets.

This is basically the old "genji vs bastion" thing in overwatch. Where that only works if the legion keeps firing into your shield.

Also you don't need to dash around him you can hit his crit spot with your laser shot while he's looking right at you even with his shield up.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

HyperPuma posted:

started using the alternator, that gun is indeed very good.

ive also been messing around with phase. am i missing something, or is there no way to get out of it except waiting for the time to run out?

I think grappling hook is the only ability you can cancel early, all the others will run for their full duration each time you hit the button.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Senethro posted:

As far as I can tell Legions Short/Long range modes act like this:

Short: Spread is larger than a pilot at any range.
Normal ammo usage.
Power shot is knockback.

Long. Spread is so tight that you can headshot pilots at sniper ranges if you feel so inclined.
Double ammo usage.
Power shot is penetrating. Uses 1 ammo.

To add 2 things to this:

Short range power shot works like a titan sized shotgun against pilots and will insta kill them at close to close-mid range.

Also you can spin up the gun without having to fire it (it's rmb for PC, don't know what it is for consoles). I see a lot of legions run around corners and then get shredded while they try to spin up their gun

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Mr.Citrus posted:

His entire ability set feels bad, and the kits all feel like things that should be a default part of him.

Edit : to clarify, the thermite launcher feels anemic, the behaviour and angle of the incendiary traps is weird, flame wall lasts way too short and gets blocked by shields. He is hosed by pilots, hosed by range and hosed by defensive abilities.

The big thing with scorch is that the thermite launcher is absolute dogshit for anything other than igniting your incendiary traps. It's probably intended to balance the trap's high damage potential but it just feels akward and unfun to use, which is a shame because I like the rest of his kit a lot.

I have a lot of fun running him with a friend in a northstar where I use the traps to try and block the red team from falling back into cover which works pretty well as long as they don't shoot past me and hit the northstar. Or if they have a tone.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

soggybagel posted:

Keep Tone the same. Just slow movement speed?

Also on Xbox I am having a hell of a time get executions. I constantly am just meleeing instead of stabbing their face.

Also I keep loving up Titan executions. The titan I'm trying to execute has to be in the warning level of energy and then I just go up and melee right?

Meleing a doomed titan will perfom an execution, you have to be really fast/lucky because from what I can tell it looks like the server gives priority to ejecting if there's a dispute.

EDIT: I don't know what happens if you try to execute a doomed titan with a bodyshield though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

TF1 let you chose the titan's voice.