Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

never played tf1 skipping COD and bf1 isn't really my thing where my ps4 peeps at, impulse bought this to get my FPS fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ps4 pro will look a lot better :homebrew:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Any ps4 control settings and such I should be loving with

or settings in general

Probably will switch to bumper jumper for pilot I suppose

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey I'm bad with money and ebayed 20 double xp codes, just want the skin. Should have plenty to give so my ps4 bros holla at me and I'll shoot you a couple codes

-edit Dope unlocked everything with four codes

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 6, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pulp rag posted:

Hey, I just got this game today.

Where do I start, other than setting my controls to Bumper Jumper?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Merry x-mas x2 dew double xp codes for anyone :kiddo: have pm's and post here.

You get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance

Didn't realize the actual target skin was separate :downs:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How do you use the 2xp :confused:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 6, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

look at this poor with no pm's did you just join for codes

-edit sent

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PM sent

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Aquasnake posted:

Shoot me one if you still got em I guess. Thanks.

Sent you three

And I'm out of codes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Never played tf1 and have been playing this a bit. Just can't help but feel like something is missing. I also hate playing these types of games solo and I'm worried the handful of goons that do play are gonna stop. Haven't seen much goon activity

I want it to succeed tho and support the free maps content model

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So what's the official official PS4 network? Agree we just need one. There's low amount of peeps playing as-is

Looks like I have two more batches of three dew codes to give to anyone that didn't receive any at all yet. The guy sent extra if you left him a good review. :shrug: got my money's worth

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 8, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

I guess we are using the LLJK one. I used Goonfall most of the time, but I have only seen one other person on like once.

[GOON] Something Awful has the most members at 75, LLJK has 9, and [GOON] goon fall has 10

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ok so finally kind of getting into the groove of this game, it's good fun.

Trying to get a nightly group going on PS4. Had a small group of us tonight and a couple nights ago. Would be nice to be a bit more organized, maybe make a PS messages group. We're in the [GOON] Something Awful network. I generally just spam party invites to everyone on my friends list actively playing it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 9, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's a ps4 pro patch right?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol welp bought more Dew and Doritos codes because I feel like being Santa and they're cheap.

Yo if I send you codes make sure you actually use them.....

If you haven't used the dew and doritos promo yet reply here and I'll PM you three codes. If I already sent you codes but you didn't get what you wanted also reply and I'll send you two more.

A reminder: you get a chance at the three things (execution, warpaint, and early ronin access) I got them all with four so it's a good chance. As well as double xp and a coliseum ticket. The exclusive target camo that works on all titans is something separate.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well drat everyone coming out of the woodwork. Just sent codes out to y'all

Lemon-Lime posted:

In wouldn't mind codes if you still have some, assuming non-US people can use them.

Ya pretty sure a lot of foreigners are mad and scrambling a bit for codes. Sent you three

Also you have to register at the dew and Doritos website and put them in there

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Gonna try to get a late night PS4 group going tonight about 9:30 PST, holla

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty sure we're already friends imma hit you up

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

These menus are atrocious

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

-nvm I'm an idiot and got a bunch for super cheap

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 10, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

About to get on some of this PS4 action in 30 if anyone is on

Gonna send out codes a bit later

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yep I believe that's the most populated one at about 70-80 members

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can join multiple networks and stack happy hours at different times for the day

The networks system is nifty and definitely has potential but gently caress the matchmaking with friends is poo poo and menus in general

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Everyone should have gotten codes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat everyone coming out of the woodwork

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

el B posted:

Dude, why are you paying for codes? They're printed on the outside of chip bags.

Cause I'm not a goon? What am I gonna dig through taco bells trash for a chance at a free ps4 like some savage

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We had a really good consistent group of 5-6 tonight for 4-5 hours. (PS4) Trying to make it a nightly thing. Just FYI :kiddo:

I don't drink but seems like the minimum BAC is about .12-.16

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Huge Manatee posted:

After asking for Dew codes, I now realise I haven't got private messages unlocked on this account, so sorry about that! I don't know if they got sent anyway and are sitting in an inaccessible inbox, but if so I'm sure someone else would love them.

Thanks anyway!

Nah you can't even send a PM. You can post your email then edit it out later, up to you

Lumpy posted:

You guys are later in PST though, right? I might try and get a semi-frequent EST group going for old people who have to get up early.

Generally 8-2 PST or so it seems. But haven't had any trouble getting a full team going anytime in the evening

Angryhead posted:

Anybody else switch to the "bumper jumper" layout? Feels so much better to me, not having to take your thumb off the stick to jump (I don't do the claw)

Yeah it's drat near required in this game especially if you use the grappling hook. Did take some getting used to. Hitting abilities or boosts is sometimes a pain. Some people run melee as circle and crouch as R3 to just jump/crouch speed run everywhere

HardKase posted:

I suck at fps and somehow I do OK. Not great. Not even good. But I have fun and plenty of did you see what I just did moments.

I mean poo poo even if I do really bad it's still a blast which is probably why I really like this game. You can still help your team a lot

V for Vegans posted:

The starting assault rifle is wicked good, the only gun I have the kill counter on. I did just unlock the devotion though, so I've been trying that out and it also seems pretty sweet.

The starting AR and SMG are pretty drat good. Seems no one really bothers with LMGs or snipers

blackguy32 posted:

Rodeo titans when you can and never jump off. The reward is worth way more than the risk. You can gently caress a titan over while pretty much unlocking your own at the same time.

I always bounce the second I get a battery. What else can you do? What happens if you get a batter from one enemy Titan then jump on another? I'm pretty bad at rodeo' Titans regardless :(

Get my PS4 pro today :woop: guess it runs at 1440? Regardless frame rates and everything will be a lot better. Everyone saying it looks great on the pro. I believe the game is already patched/optimized for the pro

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 10, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Daztek posted:

If you're already carrying a battery you'll dump a grenade in the battery hole

If you're not carrying a battery you'll pull one out, regardless of how many batteries have already been pulled out :allears:

So you can take a battery out of a Titan then stay on it and drop a grenade in it as well? Do you have to hit any buttons? I just split the second the battery animation ends so I had no idea

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Cloak lasts a really long time. Phase shift is also fun as gently caress. The shield is really good but I never utilize my chance to use it proper

But all I wanna do is grapple :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

wait but are people actually getting banned for that or something

This convo is dumb anyways

I've sent out a ton of codes. If you haven't gotten any at all lmk. Also, I'm not giving them out for the sole purpose of you getting double xp, it's so people can get the execution/skin. The double xp only works for one game so it's pretty lame

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

housefly posted:

I picked this up from the target sale. Add me. PSN: ahchachachacha

One of us

Pretty sure we're already friends lemme check

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

About time dude! You need an Overwatch/COD break

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

no more codes :tipshat:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok so the softball is pretty fun

it's out of stock until the 18th I believe but looks like titanfall is $35 on amazon too

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 11, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's really no straight up OP gun which is another reason I like this game

Seems no one bothers with snipers/LMGs

The first AR and SMG are really good. The volt smg is ok but has a weird feel. Everyone raves about the g2 AR

but really yeah it's whatever one you like. I'm having fun with the softball grenade launcher

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Is it just me or is the matchmaking horrendous in this game? I'm literally to the point where I don't want to play any more tonight because every time I get in a game there's one or two guys with 7x the score of everyone else.

It is but idk why some of y'all are so opposed to trying to group up with goons

Grouping up in this game is drat near required (also really fun)

That said imma be on ps4 later tonight hopefully. Gotta try out that pro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't think this game has any sort of match making. Correct me if I'm wrong?

In Training posted:

Also my ping has never risen beyond ~18 before today and my average tonight has been around 70. Maybe somethings happening with the servers

Yeah I never experienced lag until the night before last and last night. It was pretty bad

TG-Chrono posted:

Can't get any codes on doritos and dew here in Australia, anyone want to be kind enough and PM me a code?

I pm'd you a bunch but I'm not sure if any of them work. Should be a handful that do

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 12, 2016