Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I'm ready to find out who is bettah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Turbo engine on every titan always.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

keyframe posted:

Does anyone use the mini rocket launcher under the grenade launchers? Seems like a really lovely gun so I am wondering if I am using it wrong.

I think the Sidewinder is intended to be functional but not exceptional against all targets, as it scores good damage vs. Titans and Reapers. It was a pure Anti-titan weapon in the last game so thats a bit of a change.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Does the ingame currency buy anything unique, or is it just there to be a shortcut to unlocks you don't want to wait for the level of or skip the challenge for?

Senethro fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 30, 2016

Senethro
May 18, 2005

RatHat posted:

Oh neat. What does stealing the battery do? Just take a bunch of their health?

In Titanfall 1 all titans came equipped with a regenerating shield as standard. Now you need a battery.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Earth Table posted:

1- The Thai Curry(tm) sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings kicks rear end

2- The server gave me some extra codes for the ION skin so Im'ma post them:

FCT7-9365-3D2E-8M86

DP3V-6W5X-EMKZ-F848

7ME4-Y2WJ-MFTV-GC8F

Took the third code here, now I shall always rep Ion against the unwashed Tone hordes.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

teh_Broseph posted:

:black101:

I'm having mixed luck shielding the rocket Salvo and reflection it back. It feels jankier tougher to get a read on how to do it vs tf1. Do you have to release the shots back before your energy runs out or the bullets will just disappear it seems? I dunno. It's rough but when it works it's pretty sweet. I'm gonna try just going all out and using the right click gun vs titans. Still haven't settled on a load out that really meshes well.

I never used Vortex Shield in TF1, all my reflexes tell me to let missiles get in close then dash diagonally forwards inside their turning circle. Salvo rockets have really tight turning circles though.

I've tried Scorch's Thermal Shield vs. Salvo core and it just gets overloaded and collapses before even a quarter of the salvo is disabled, leaving you to eat the rest. I guess it has some kind of per/hit energy drain as well as drain over time.

Might just be best to dump smoke and dash backwards.They can't hit what they can't see, right?

That reminds me, while playing Northstar it looked like an enemy that I'd tethered broke the tether with E. Smoke. Can anyone confirm?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

The Cold War is for wallrunning figure of 8s at twice monorail height around the tall buildings of Eden while you piss grenades on all the infantry below. It drops off hard when Stalkers and Reapers show up.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I'm guessing the thought process behind Reapers is to have a late-game opponent that only Titans can fight effectively with a significant Attrition points reward to encourage Titan blobs to go farming instead of cooped up in the most defensible position. Maybe also to reward one team achieving Titan supremacy.

Not sure it improves the game though.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Is it even possible to play a game this fast on a streaming service...?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Daztek posted:

Tbh, they're running straight at an enemy titan

They don't really have a choice. Thats a really obnoxious portion of the map to get spawnlocked in by an idiot teammate trying to snipe out of it.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Moola posted:

Pretty sure both the railgun and volt have travel time

Railgun is most definitely a projectile, volt is hitscan.

Nothing makes sense.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

This is the first FPS I've played in years and boy does it show via how poo poo I am.

Is there any skill-based matchmaking in this game? It seems to be completely random whether I go up against people nearly as bad as me or Sonic the Hedgehog with a Volt and 9x prestige.

Game is really good though I loving love the movement and stealing batteries is my jam, shame there doesn't seem to be many players.

There probably is, but its likely very biased towards putting parties vs. parties as quickly as possible. Without a huge playerbase like Overwatch or CSGO they can't afford to be too discriminating.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

What does "Additional balancing to Tone" even mean?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Like how do you all deal with the idea that people can approach from any area

It does not feel like it makes sense compared to like overwatch where you die generally a lot slower

If you go sufficiently fast, then enemies will never catch up to you so you only need to look forwards!

Also, the Phase Shift tactical on a hair trigger to give you time to re-orient and almost proc Fast Regen.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Lumpy posted:

Does the long / short range thing affect your normal fire mode at all, or just power shot (which I also never use because I don't understand it)

As far as I can tell Legions Short/Long range modes act like this:

Short: Spread is larger than a pilot at any range.
Normal ammo usage.
Power shot is knockback.

Long. Spread is so tight that you can headshot pilots at sniper ranges if you feel so inclined.
Double ammo usage.
Power shot is penetrating. Uses 1 ammo.

Basically, I use long range 90% of the time and aim for titan critzones. The easiest way to learn Legion is probably to just stick with the Extra Ammunition perk and run Long range firemode all the time.

Once you've played Legion for a while and are trying out the other perks then you'll become familiar with with how useless Legion becomes if you let his gun run dry. A Tone in your face with easy critzone access can easily destroy your rear end during your reload time. This is when you start trying to figure out the close range mode as it needs less reloads. Long range mode also works less well against some Titan defenses like Gun shield or Particle wall where they will eat most of your mag and put you into reload hell. The main time I prefer to use close range mode is when I'm about to ambush an enemy at close range and want the mag capacity to just drill through their defense and still have enough to kill them.

Smart core's infinite ammo is when you ignore all the rules and just go full ham. You can sometimes bait out the enemy into dashing towards you when they think you're about to run out of ammo only to activate core and keep firing.

Power shot is also really awkward to use if you're not already spun up. You try it out, it goes through a series of laboured animations that hamper your movement and you think its trash. If you use the Long range version while already firing then there is the briefest gap in the bullets before it fires. And it only costs a single bullet so its a great way to fit just a little more damage in before a reload. Very efficient.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Well I guess it shows that Respawn were successful at creating a bond between pilot and titan if they've got people defending the honour of their favorite robot.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Rupert of Hentzau posted:

Where are you finding these Legions who are happy to just keep punting bullets into the shield?

Scorch's Thermal Shield loses power every time it blocks something so its quite possible to overload it as Legion.

And then I catch myself trying the same thing against Ions because I'm a dummy.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Wow the coliseum crowd are tough. What a surprisingly fun game mode though.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Ion fans: Do you think there is a significant damage increase from the new refractor kit? I wasn't feeling it.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Bring back the Arc Cannon and Triple Threat.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Its a terrible thing to know what the best game ever is but to have the world deaf and insensible to The Truth.

Still hoping for a TF3 with minimal EA interference.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

N-no! Titanfall just needs a fair start and then the market will validate my purchasing decisions!

:(

Third times the charm right?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Is it happening? oh god please tell me its happening. I can stand living in the Brexit universe for more titanfalls.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I kill you - I'M BETTAH

Senethro
May 18, 2005

It isn't Titanfall but it seems pretty solid.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

With Jedi on Steam, surely there has to be some kind of hope for TF2 rerelease/sales/free weekends too?

In my dreams I still run on the walls, along my commuting route to work.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Most locations in King's Canyon at Launch looked Titan traversable, and those that didn't would often have that debris/infantry cover that reads as "Don't Even Try To Bring Your Titan In Here". I swear they were hedging their bets regarding Titans for a long while.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I Believe in Titanfall 3.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Yeah, some cosmetics absolutely can be distracting or an eyesore, but a radical tude is way more bearable than pofaced military mans oscar miking to the El Zees.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Respawn hit it big. Please be happy for them. Blame gamers for their bad taste if anyone.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Thank you for the update thread. I very much appreciate knowing that Titanfall has been failed again.

Next year I hope we'll be able to celebrate 10 years of hope and disappointment together.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I still miss Titanfall.

But if your entire office is getting fired up by a prototype, you've got to see where that goes. I can't resent them for that, even if it buried Titanfall 3.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Once more we are punished with knowledge for daring to hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Can I endure another 10 years of Titanfall related disappointment?