Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
drop out and do highschool by mail, that way you face no one
live in denial for many years while your social circle collapses and you become a sort of ape child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If someone thinks they're tougher than you take a whole stack of pencils and eat them in front of him

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
It's really dumb. Just show up and you'll be ok. You can sleep through most classes.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
be more older OP, like how loving young are you anyways? sorry i said a curse, please dont tell your mom

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Roylicious posted:

Like, want to gently caress a girl? Stop obsessing about it nonstop. Desperation is a stinky cologne and if you aren't pursuing them nonstop girls will be more interested.

This but like for all of your life

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

When I was a freshman in high school 9/11 happened during the second week of school. I'm going to go ahead and blame that for everything else.

I thought Osama homeschooled his kids?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Practice making the phone vibration noise with your mouth without it being obvious. Record audio clips on your computer and practice in front of a webcam to be sure. The biggest trick to making it sound legit is the emphasis on lower frequencies at the end as it goes silent.

Turn off your phone completely.

Make this noise during class when the teacher is trying to talk.

Keep making it.

If the teacher figures out it's coming from your area and asks for your phone, it's already off.

This will drive the less stable teachers absolutely nuts.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Do a sport. Do any of them it does not matter which. It always helps to not be a fat friendless piece of poo poo with only weirdo, echo-chamber friends, and actually joining a team and doing things that require skill and focus will serve to make you a better person as you get older

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Booblord Zagats posted:

Do a sport. Do any of them it does not matter which. It always helps to not be a fat friendless piece of poo poo with only weirdo, echo-chamber friends, and actually joining a team and doing things that require skill and focus will serve to make you a better person as you get older

Or join the anime club

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Or join the anime club

But only if it's an initiation/haze for joining the football, baseball or basketball team

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

This is your last chance to get some rapes under your belt

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Even if you have zero intention of ever going to college, keep your GPA up and practice hard for the SAT/ACT just in case. I knew people who got serious about academics way too late and ended up unable to get into any non-poo poo tier universities (at least without spending two more years living with mom and dad and attending community college with no scholarships).

Oh Hell No fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 13, 2016

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Just model ur behavior after Willem Defoe. Can't lose.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

subhuman filth posted:

This is your last chance to get some rapes under your belt

20 minutes max though!!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

you should NOT do drugs and these are the most important years of your life, you can do drugs after college op :)

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
you gotta look for the most alpha dude in the cafeteria and beat the poo poo out of him for no reason like you're mentally ill that way you won't be gang raped in the shower or have to toss anyones salad

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Be friendly and talk to everyone. Have a good posture and do not slouch! Focus on yer studies and figure out what the gently caress you want to do for college asap.

Good luck buddy! All of GBS believes in you!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Oh! Also, make sure to leave ur door open so that if anyone wandering by wants to play nintendo, they can just come in. <-this is how you make friends.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Who the heck starts high school in the middle of june, where do u live

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was actually smart in high school because i hadn't screwed up my brain yet and am still coasting from that appearance of success

nice if you can swing it

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
You want to be popular, right? Sell cigarettes at lunch. You'll get to meet lots of people that way.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jeff smisek posted:

Who the heck starts high school in the middle of june, where do u live
assuming OP isn't full of poo poo, probably somewhere in the southern hemisphere or some poo poo

e: wait gently caress we're both idiots, he said in the fall

symbolic fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 13, 2016

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

symbolic posted:

yes, and they somehow actually managed to get poo poo done when i was going to school

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Which part? I haven't been in high school for a while now but I think they do on both counts. Student Council will never go away as long as there is some kid angling for Harvard that wants to put it on their resume

I meant the Sadie Hawkins dances. Those are the ones where the girls are supposed to ask out the boys, right?

I have no doubt there will always be student councils in at least some high schools.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Oh Hell No posted:

Even if you have zero intention of ever going to college, keep your GPA up and practice hard for the SAT/ACT just in case. I knew people who got serious about academics way too late and ended up unable to get into any non-poo poo tier universities (at least without spending two more years living with mom and dad and attending community college with no scholarships).

No. NO gently caress NO gently caress YOU FOREVERRRR

OP skate by and barely graduate. Then get into your local community college and try (somewhat) hard for 2 years and do a guaranteed transfer program into a 'real' university. Boom, you got into a good school (the degree is exactly the same and all) and didn't have to bust rear end and waste your HS years like the other nerdlingers. And you saved the first two years of outrageously expensive tuition.

Unless you're in some idiot state that slashed all their education funding I guess then you might just be screwed gl try not to get addicted to drugs.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Justin Tyme posted:

you should NOT do drugs and these are the most important years of your life, you can do drugs after college op :)

then why call it high school think about it

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Someone is gonna rape your "hole" OP....by the looks of it, it's likely to be an SA moderator :ninja:

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Start playing Japanese dating sims now in preparation for all the pussy you aren't going to be getting.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
G! B! S!
G! B! S!
G! B! S!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
wear a leather jacket and slick your hair up and act like you're james dean, that's what's in with the kids nowadays i hear, they're really into james dean

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wear a cloak to school at least once

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Heath posted:

Wear a cloak to school at least once

Wear a towel to school for Towel Day

Wear a scarf the next day

Do it every day, even in summer

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Middle school is a living hell populated by psychopaths. High school is P cool, if a bit boring, and you might just get laid before its all over.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Good grooming. No one respects a ragamuffin.

Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!
If you don't talk to any girls, you'll really have no chance of doin' it.
Take that advice as you will.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
always, always, always carry a spare protractor. don't ask why, just do it. you'll thank me later

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
do drugs drink alcohol and do your homework and you will enjoy high school

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
conventional wisdom says you should always put the bomb in someone else's locker so they won't suspect you, so use that to your advantage by putting the bomb in your own locker. now you can't possibly be a suspect. what kind of idiot would put a bomb in their own locker, officer? qed and checkmate. :smug:

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Play one sport, join at least a couple clubs (they don't take that much time, it's more a way to get to know people who share your interests better), take a language that interests you instead of just whatever people say will be useful because you won't practice a language that bores you and sometimes you get a trip to the country of origin at the end. Make at least a few friends you like well enough to have over at your house or go places with because the friends you see outside of school become the friends you keep in touch with as an adult. If you have a crush who's in one of your classes, or especially one of your clubs, you can invite them to "study" the material with you outside of class- at public places if you want to be easy with it at first, or invite them to your house if you're feeling bold. At worst this means you get studying done with someone attractive, at best you get nothing done and have lots of sex. Develop your oral sex skills. Do so with the lights on so you can see if you're getting into anything that looks infectious (not that you can always tell, admittedly, but try to have sex with relatively inexperienced people if possible). If you're into boys, they will expect and appreciate this and if you're also a girl it will keep you from getting pregnant without the inconvenience of condoms (which most guys hate anyway, although with teenage boys at least it makes them last longer). If you're into girls, they will often be surprised and impressed that you're actually willing to take the time to get them off because teenage boys are usually terrible about that. If drugs (including alcohol) are offered at a party, don't try to impress anybody by taking more than anyone else, or even just keeping up with people who seem to be taking a lot. You'll be cooler for knowing your own limits and not getting completely trashed, and when they're freaking out and needing a ride somewhere because they heard the cops are coming, you can still drive. Do your best to make sure you have a car, or at least, a motorcycle, which are cheaper and cooler and not really that hard to learn to ride. It doesn't have to be a good one. You'll probably wreck it anyway. But try not to wreck it. Especially if it's a motorcycle because you may die. Don't show off while driving. Don't show off, period, actually. Acting like you don't need to impress people is itself impressive, as long as you're not ugly/unpopular. If you're playing a sport regularly you'll be in good shape, at least. If you have bad skin get your parents to take you to a dermatologist, they have pills for that, you don't need to be agonizing over your face for years when you can just fix it. Don't be the first one to arrive at a party or the last one to leave. Pay attention in your classes so you can be good at the tests and can skip the homework when you have conflicting social obligations. Also teachers will like you if you are attentive in class, and will be more forgiving of any oversights. Take some harder classes to challenge and interest yourself, and some easy ones to get breaks in your day and less/faster homework. Bathe more than you think you need to; teenagers often smell pretty strongly and smelling nice without being soaked in body spray or perfume or whatever is important. All you really need is an antiperspirant, shampoo and conditioner, sunscreen, and maybe chapstick. Wear clean socks and keep your feet dry as much as you can. Don't smoke.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Take AP English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Roylicious posted:

No. NO gently caress NO gently caress YOU FOREVERRRR

OP skate by and barely graduate. Then get into your local community college and try (somewhat) hard for 2 years and do a guaranteed transfer program into a 'real' university. Boom, you got into a good school (the degree is exactly the same and all) and didn't have to bust rear end and waste your HS years like the other nerdlingers. And you saved the first two years of outrageously expensive tuition.

Unless you're in some idiot state that slashed all their education funding I guess then you might just be screwed gl try not to get addicted to drugs.

you got a real loose definition of "good school"

• Locked thread