Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Eh, the focus was on AA for practically the entirety of D1 and D2, and AA said he was going to disappear from the conversation in the hopes he didn't get lynched.

That's not really the play of someone interested in helping to find out who's scum and who's town. It's self-preservation.

I could have done it too, but here I am getting tree-stumped. We're 1 townie down, but oh well.

What does any of this have to do with the question I asked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

You are tied for vote leader, why are you assuming your dunk is a foregone conclusion.

I'm a bit surprised AA hasn't voted me, I'm leaning away from him now.

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm a bit surprised AA hasn't voted me, I'm leaning away from him now.

##unvote

....you just cased him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

What does any of this have to do with the question I asked?

I was pushing Quid to see how he'd react.

Quidnose posted:

....you just cased him.

Ditto. He had a chance to vote me but didn't. If he's scum that's terrible play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

I was pushing Quid to see how he'd react.

...you just called me town, why would you do this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

You tell meeeeeeee.

Totally indirect way to approach this argument and kinda weird.

To be direct, I'm specifically accusing you of creating a fake case on me given that most of the things you base it on were joke votes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also where in that quote from Li regarding AA do you mention me at all. What even is happening right now :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

To be direct, I'm specifically accusing you of creating a fake case on me given that most of the things you base it on were joke votes.

This was my thought in reading that too, I don't see how Moat makes a case based on jokevotes entirely.

Moat how many games have you played

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

...you just called me town, why would you do this?

It was the 'virtual vote' day 1 that had me feeling iffy, as I've seen it as a scum play.

However, I think I worked out why you think I'm scum, and if I have that puzzle worked out correctly then it means you're town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

It was the 'virtual vote' day 1 that had me feeling iffy, as I've seen it as a scum play.

However, I think I worked out why you think I'm scum, and if I have that puzzle worked out correctly then it means you're town.

Except that's not true, because you soft-cased me for my actions during the last few pages:

Adahn1986 posted:

Quidnose is jumping on whatever is the current 'most likely to be lynched' person.

First it looked to be AA, so he tunneled.

Then infin posted, and Quid jumped on that and tunneled.

It seems like Dawny and Quid are defending each other, that's interesting. Especially with Quid's incredibly vague response to me just now, where he's usually detail-oriented.

Adahn1986 posted:

Consecutive Quidnose posts. Interesting. Pressure is on AA, Quidnose sees that Moat is the second biggest target. Infinitum posts an insane rant and Quidnose eats it up.

Is this what you're talking about Max?

You are contradicting yourself.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

In fact that CONSIDER THE NAME thing is an after thought in your final "quidnose is scum but i won't say it" casing:

Adahn1986 posted:

Quid's scum list includes:

AA, Moat, Adahn, and Max.

People who Quid has voted:

Moat

Am I missing anything? Also, I've seen scum do the "consider this a vote for NAME" before as a hedge.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sorry Quid, you're def town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, interesting thing I just noticed: I don't think scum can talk to each other right now?

AR posted:

Factional Communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner [url=]here[/url].

So a Max/Adahn scum argument in thread is COMPLETELY plausible.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Sorry Quid, you're def town.

And I am sorry you rolled scum this game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

And I am sorry you rolled scum this game.

Guys, Quid is a genius and figured everything out!

Round of applause!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidnose posted:

This was my thought in reading that too, I don't see how Moat makes a case based on jokevotes entirely.

Moat how many games have you played

Hmm around 5. I originally discounted them (hence why I thought she was town initially) but like I said in totality she looks pretty odd.

Also notice how she says nothing about advocating for a turbo doesn't defend it at all. Because it was a slip up. At this point I feel more solid on her than anyone else based on what I've seen.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Now I just want to be flipped so I can laugh at you all game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I have to head out for an hour or so and will try to check in again before deadline. Right now my two strongest reads are on Adahn (who I don't think comes off as posting from a town perspective) and Moat (who I wholeheartedly believe is faking an opinion on me).

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Hmm around 5. I originally discounted them (hence why I thought she was town initially) but like I said in totality she looks pretty odd.

Also notice how she says nothing about advocating for a turbo doesn't defend it at all. Because it was a slip up. At this point I feel more solid on her than anyone else based on what I've seen.

What do you think of Adahn?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

What about me saying "let's turbo" as one of my first posts and then not following it up is something you think scum would do?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidnose posted:

Also, interesting thing I just noticed: I don't think scum can talk to each other right now?

So a Max/Adahn scum argument in thread is COMPLETELY plausible.

Arsonist posted:

Abilities
Factional Communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner url=here/url

Factional Pyrotechnics: Each night phase either you or your partner may take one and only one of the the following actions:
Prime a target for ignition by dousing them with gasoline.
Ignite all previously primed targets by lighting them on fire and thus killing them.

Win Condition
You win when only Arsonist aligned players are left alive, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

They give a scum doc url. No way they aren't talking

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It was probably just copied from the 'forest fire' role setup, but yeah, scum can probably communicate during day/night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Adahn is scum, vote him.

Li Dawny posted:

I voted you because you pushed a turbo, and I was only the second person to vote you. How is that anything close to jumping onto a turbo?

Probably getting tree-stumped today, but I've been moderately suspicious of Dawny for a bit.

Note that she was the second vote on me, sure, but then immediately follows it up by pushing for a turbo.

Then she says she's voting me for 'pushing a turbo', when in fact I was pressing Quid on his earlier AA stance.

I won't be able to vote anymore, but let it be known that while I still had branches, I pointed them accusingly and chose to ##vote Li Dawny

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Probably getting tree-stumped today, but I've been moderately suspicious of Dawny for a bit.

Note that she was the second vote on me, sure, but then immediately follows it up by pushing for a turbo.

Then she says she's voting me for 'pushing a turbo', when in fact I was pressing Quid on his earlier AA stance.

I won't be able to vote anymore, but let it be known that while I still had branches, I pointed them accusingly and chose to ##vote Li Dawny

I was not pushing a turbo, I was making a half joke to dongs asking for a summery of the last two pages. And if this isn't a post pushing a turbo

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're approaching the deadline so feel free to turn your virtual vote into a real vote and help :)

I don't know what is.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

I was not pushing a turbo, I was making a half joke to dongs asking for a summery of the last two pages.

Lynch.

All.

Liars.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

We have an hour. Are AA, dongs, and Max here. I want their opinion on Adahn. Obviously Inf isn't coming back.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ugh i dont want to do mafia rn

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

what kind of cruel bastard puts the deadline in the middle of the workday

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
The odds of someone besides me getting lynched are pretty slim, so it doesn't matter.

The odds of finding scum were only 2/9 anyways so nobody's going to be that surprised when I flip tree.

I've never played as a stump before, so it will be interesting to be able to play as 'confirmed town without a vote'.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I got back from lunch, but I actually only have about 7 minutes before this workshop I have to do happens.

Since I won't be around;

##unvote
##vote Adahn

His flipping on Quid is really waffly and etc I don't have time to write much else honestly. I still don't have a good feeling about it but I won't be able to switch my vote at actual deadline.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont know what to make of adahn1986. i think he's gonna be the new absurd for a bit where all his posts look disgustingly scummy cuz he can't post like a normal person. the more he posts the scummier he seems but i dont know if that's because of adahn1986 or because of his role pm. i feel like he would make his "lets consider no lynching" series of posts regardless if hes town or scum so thats a null tell for me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i dont know what to make of adahn1986. i think he's gonna be the new absurd for a bit where all his posts look disgustingly scummy cuz he can't post like a normal person. the more he posts the scummier he seems but i dont know if that's because of adahn1986 or because of his role pm. i feel like he would make his "lets consider no lynching" series of posts regardless if hes town or scum so thats a null tell for me.

We're at -1 pretty sure now so just do it, I can still post anyways so idc

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Still just want AA since so much has been said about them and many people have done their defending for them, without them really coming back. Feels like pressure came off and they want to keep it that way, but I don't think that lunch will happen and a lunch should happen today, regardless.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wish AA or MMT would weigh in again. Really not liking AA disappearing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Adahn1986 (4): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, Li Dawny, Murmur Twin, Max
Moatillata (1): Max, Max, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Max, Max, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Quidnose, Quidnose
Li Dawny (1): Adahn1986
Anomalous Amalgam (1): dongsbot 9000, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Max, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Max
Max (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Anomalous Amalgam
Murmur Twin (1): Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Moatillata
Quidnose (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
dongsbot 9000 (0): Max, Max

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 16th, 2016 at 2:39 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 38 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

Wish AA or MMT would weigh in again. Really not liking AA disappearing.

Like I said, at work, and relatively here. Leaving early today because of trump rally in my city and momma wont br able to pick up the baby because of it.

I don't know about the vote on Adahn, I have max and li dawny pegged for scum. I think their casing is disingenuous and shallow.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

adahn1986, i tried really hard to get you past day 1

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i released all my anger and became a new pig but it appears the world is fated for me to forever slay you in day 1 of mafia games

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i released all my anger and became a new pig but it appears the world is fated for me to forever slay you in day 1 of mafia games

Its ok my roots will survive, and my new mafia goal is to get lynched d1 every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
As I mentioned, adahn at least had further reasons for voting me despite being wrong about them and that seems like a genuine town attempt at developing a case instead of latching which is what I think li and max did.

• Locked thread