Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:ghost:fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck:ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
yeah theres no way im gonna read all those posts but the last scum is 95% max or mmt 5% li dawny this is what quidnoses are for

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: now how am I gonna make tree puns :ghost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

yeah theres no way im gonna read all those posts but the last scum is 95% max or mmt 5% li dawny this is what quidnoses are for

*boop*

I'm out for the rest of today.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

we have 2 lynches before lylo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dongs has been seeing the same game I have, and Quid's game isn't easy to fake.

Hard town calls on them.

Max is exactly the kind of guy I'd expect to play a long con like this, and if he is town we NEED him tree stumped.

Soft town calls on MMT and Dawny.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I lied: boy howdy, what a fast bandwagon from Adahn.

##vote Adahn

OK I'm actually done for the day.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Did I vote?

Do you buy AA's frame job?

Am I scum Max?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I was actually wondering if I'd misread dongs and was expecting a different reaction from you, Max. You might actually be scum this game.

I'm not voting because we have 2 days and a lot of people need to digest AA's flip (and the loss of moat/infin) but being assured of your input going into LYLO, (3 flips away) is almost essential.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

My lady and I are at the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival! Wooo, reggae music in the trees~

I think Max is unlikely scum seeing as AA was trying to push him yesterday and had him at the top of his scum list. He was his strongest read, and he wouldn't put his scum buddy smack there, yeah?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or would he

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Adahn1986 posted:

Max is exactly the kind of guy I'd expect to play a long con like this, and if he is town we NEED him tree stumped.

Why would you expect a long con out of Max, and why do we need him stumped if he's town?

(I'm on a phone at work so won't be here much tonight)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would you expect a long con out of Max, and why do we need him stumped if he's town?

(I'm on a phone at work so won't be here much tonight)

On vacation so will be on sparingly as well.

If you could pick one player in this game to have their input guaranteed going into LYLO, who would it be?

We got an arsonist, so we bought ourselves quite a bit of time.

That and AA very suspiciously defended me and accused Max. It could be a con, but I'm not yet convinced which is why I'm not voting.

At the suggestion, though, Max voted me immediately suggesting that he's hoping for a quick lynch to go through due to MMT/Dawny suspicion.

That, in itself, was a suspicious move.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I wasn't trying to make a quick lunch on you, don't exaggerate. I just see a slow build up of your suspicion of AA from day 2 as it looked like he was definitely going to be lunched.

Anyway, it's fathers day and I'm on a phone. Expect little engagement today (though I think that'll be the case for most people today.)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have no father, I can post as much as I want! Don't presume on me, Max! :argh:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Condolences.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My pre-caffeinated argument while at work argument:

Adahn has been all over the place with their votes this game. That is not inherently scummy, but I do see a rather insidious push on me starting Day 2 after I had laid down that vote on him near the end of day 1. I was surprised that he was bringing it up when he himself knew why it the vote was made. He backed off when he saw it was a losing argument, and then very publicly came around to AA once it looked like the vote was going in his direction.

This is still sort of OK and not entirely suspicious on its own. What is very suspicious is to come into the thread after scum has been lunched and the first argument they make (which was very, very vaguely made by Dongs) is that clearly I am scum based on . . . I don't know why.

I'll go get some quotes to post later or something.

That being said: ##unvote since there has legit been no discussion this day so far (not pointing fingers, it was a busy weekend), and it doesn't take much to lunch someone at this point. I'd rather everyone have a chance to weigh in.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I backed off because I made the same move, and I can't fairly discredit someone for doing something I myself have done.

I think I know who ferngully is, and based on infin dying, scum doesn't know.

Dongs is right about a couple things.

Today we lynch. Tonight scum prime. Tomorrow we lynch. Tomorrow night they burn (depending on ferngully douse). Then we're either in LYLO or very close to it.

If Max gets burned I'm going to have trouble figuring out who is scum. That, and AA defended me and accused Max. That could be a con. If you read my posts, before I knew he was going to flip scum I did NOT like being at the top of his town list. To me it looked like a set up designed to color me as his scumbro.

Max's quick vote suggests he is afraid of being lynched. He doesn't want to consider the benefits of being around to scumhunt for the whole game, despite what a boon that would be. That is troubling, enough that I think Dongs may have pegged the last scum.

##vote Max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Max's quick vote suggests he is afraid of being lynched. He doesn't want to consider the benefits of being around to scumhunt for the whole game, despite what a boon that would be. That is troubling, enough that I think Dongs may have pegged the last scum.

I'd rather we actually lunch scum and have the game end, and if you don't think I'm going to call out what looks like a bad push on me, as town, after successfully nailing scum then I don't know what to tell you.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

max what do u think of mmt and lee donny (rip)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Then who is scum? I thought it was odd that AA focused on you and me. If we lunch me I'm going to flip town.

Dongs has played a solid town game.

Dawny has been focused on me irrationally but I believe she's town.

I'm pretty sure MMT is town.

Quid I'm almost certain is town.

The only thing you have going for you is the push on AA, but that could be an endgame ploy. If it's not, then you're incredibly intelligent and I'd rather not go into the next couple lynched without your input.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

max what do u think of mmt and lee donny (rip)

It's possible MMT is also the other scum in this game. They were pretty adamant about AA not being scum early on, and have been going after Quid for what they perceived as faulty logic. I didn't think it was faulty at any point, so that point of view never made sense to me.

Li Dawny I have continued to forget about in this game because I really don't know why. Probably because they haven't been as vocal about AA as Quid and MMT were, so I just wasn't focusing on them.

I also feel really, really uncomfortable letting you, dongs, get close to lylo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Then who is scum? I thought it was odd that AA focused on you and me. If we lunch me I'm going to flip town.

Dongs has played a solid town game.

Dawny has been focused on me irrationally but I believe she's town.

I'm pretty sure MMT is town.

Quid I'm almost certain is town.

The only thing you have going for you is the push on AA, but that could be an endgame ploy. If it's not, then you're incredibly intelligent and I'd rather not go into the next couple lynched without your input.

Why are you so sure all of those people are town?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Good morning!

First, I apologize for being so absent over the weekend, my kids are both sick so it's been fun. Moving on, I want to say that I am so confused as to who to look at now. I feel like not being involved over the past two days has made it difficult to make reads and feel secure in any call.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

Good morning!

First, I apologize for being so absent over the weekend, my kids are both sick so it's been fun. Moving on, I want to say that I am so confused as to who to look at now. I feel like not being involved over the past two days has made it difficult to make reads and feel secure in any call.

I hope they are recovering well.

Start by re-reading AA.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dongs has been working through the game, logically, the same way I have. He's either fantastic at pretending to be a townie or he is town.

Dawny promised, and her scum game is very passive.

MMT has seen very scummy play from me and focused on it, which is town of her.

Quid was sure I was scum for a reason that can only be explained if he is town.

It's not 100% but everyone but you is demonstrating "town-ness" with your contribution pushing a scum lynch. Beyond that you haven't demonstrated the level of...depth I'd expect from a townie. A lot of that is a bit of a gut read, but the fact that you're highly intelligent also contributes to wanting YOUR input in LYLO.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Good morning!

Awww hope they are ok!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My biggest repulsion to your argument for me is that it's entirely based around you sort of summarizing my play and saying it's going to be helpful if I'm town so let's go ahead and lynch me.

I get that perspective but it feels like you're stretching things and not actually bringing evidence to the table as to why I am scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Li Dawny posted:

Good morning!

if u want to do work, consider whether max or mmt is scummier through post analysis its a quidnose job but hes too busy getting high in the woods

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if u want to do work, consider whether max or mmt is scummier through post analysis its a quidnose job but hes too busy getting high in the woods

But what about you?

Honestly though, I keep thinking about the way that AA refused to vote adahn close to lunch. Was that a frame job or was that him realizing there wasn't anyone else around to hammer aside from him, so he refused in order to save his scum buddy for a day.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

max calm down u cant do this much in 1 day its showing ur scummy nature

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

max calm down u cant do this much in 1 day its showing ur scummy nature

?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You do know if I get lunched I get to keep posting, right?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

You do know if I get lunched I get to keep posting, right?

If you're town, yes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm fine with getting lunched if you are. That's not endgame. I'm town, are you? We got AA, you think we can't help them find the last scum together?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm fine with getting lunched if you are. That's not endgame. I'm town, are you? We got AA, you think we can't help them find the last scum together?

I think you're missreading how I saw your post. I realize I can still post but I will no longer have a vote, and it really felt like pulling teeth to get people to listen to me about AA the last few days.

At the end of the day, yes, I'm fine getting lunched but coming out with an argument about how if I'm town it would be great if I'm confirmed town without any other discussion about AA's interactions looks scummy.

I'm trying to figure out what you expected my reaction to be. "Sure, go ahead and lynch me, even though I know I'm town so there is 100% a better lynch out there."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That was fear, Max. Trees do not know fear.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

That was fear, Max. Trees do not know fear.

Fear? This is a game about finding scum at the end of the day. If I see a bad argument being made for my lunch, I'm going to say something about it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AA goes in on the Max/Adahn argument in the beginning, and ends up pushing Adahn a bit Day 1 before switching to me. That to me looks like him feeling out which town member is going to be easiest to go for, and could be a negative in Max's side.

But I think it more likely that Li is the remaining scum:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Again, I'm not really seeing how I come across as hedging when I make one post about being on the fence and then definitively decide and explain which I thought was the better course of action.

I also explain why I was so adamant about standing up for myself, it's not that I have anything to lose, but instead I refuse to be bullied into what has ultimately read as flawed circular logic that can only be validated subjectively.

Honing in on one or two posts from what was effectively the start of the game and ignoring the actual thought and contribution I've made outside of that is scummy and thats what I see Li Dawny, Max doing right now. Adahn was doing this, but at least he has further belief for voting me despite being wrong about it.

Also I'm quiet so I don't get fired, phone posting for the time being but Li Dawny's case feels like a me too, and Max focusing on the hedging argument seems off to me as well.

AA sits on Li for quite a while:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I have max and li dawny pegged for scum. I think their casing is disingenuous and shallow.

...but the only people he votes for are Max initially, and then he randomly switches to Dongs and drops his suspicions of Li completely.

Let me look at his mega opinion post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also Dear Max and Adahn you are town slap fighting, let's scumhunt instead

• Locked thread