Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So when do we start setting poo poo on fire? I mean what? Shut up.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Listen.. I'm sure we can all work through this game in a positive cooperative manner and find the scum

*Sound of chainsaw being revved*

Found the scum!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Holy crap things exploded here. I agree with everyone who's against Adahn's plan because it sounds like the worst idea.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Can you please read the things you post and make an effort to sound less condescending Adahn?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Condescending? Not one person has considered the possibility that the firefighter will be useful in this game, and everyone who's argued against my thoughts has operated under the assumption that she will never douse effectively.

That's not condescension, that's observation.

Show me one post where someone said Ferngully isn't useful. We all agree she's our most important tool, but we disagree on how to proceed from here. And the assertion that we just don't 'get it' is condescension.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

You're starting to make this less fun with your insistence that your plan is amazing omg guyz how can u not c?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

This is odd play from Li. She's spent a few posts attacking Adahn for being condescending and insisting that his plan is sound, but...isn't actually doing anything to say his play is scummy, just that she doesn't like it. But she is throwing hard shade.

All I said was that it was not a good plan. I don't think he's being scummy with it, but his attitude is unnessesary given that this is a game among friends.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

I don't have an attitude so much as a way of presenting my ideas that other people find extremely distasteful.

That would be an attitude. You can't change language because you disagree with being labeled with it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Hello him.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

MMT- it looks like you've voted for almost everyone at this point. Town

Adahn is town. quidnose makes a compelling case on AA and dongs sure is posting an awful lot. Also, for someone (infin) who's personal crusade is to murder all lurkers there is a good deal of lurking occuring.

In summary: I would vote for AA, dongs, Infinitum or lil d right now.

You presented a reason for everyone except me, unless you're calling me a lurker, which I'm not. I'm just not super active during the day because I have had beings escape from my vagina.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Why are we voting Moat exactly?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I, too, am unclear on this.

Li, who is your strongest scumread? I feel like you've been posting but haven't really made a strict alignment call yet.

I'm not great at day one, and I'm super not great at making calls, but I want to say that AA has spent may of their time today carefully maintaining their non-alliance with people and doing not much else. They pick a bit here or there, but most of it reads like they want to maintained their distance from anyone to avoid being tagged as 'scumbros', but not in a natural way. It seems forced, like scum would do.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Along the lines of my feelings toward AA, Max seems to be waffling back and forth quite a bit. He agrees with AA, then AA is slightly scummy, then AA is totally scummy with no reasoning of his own.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I agreed with AA's point about lynching bringing the possible night targets down, giving the firefighter a better chance in terms of numbers.

I did (jokingly) call out how on the fence he was about Adahn and I's back and forth, but I wasn't really focused on him at the time.

This all means nothing. You still jumped onto Quid's case for AA with no reasoning of your own except "Quid's totes town b/c how he's playing" and when that was pulled out from under you the response was "oh well, still staying in AA". I mean, I agree that AA is scummy, that's not my point, I just think you may be too.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

ok

dongsbot is a cool guy who made me feel welcome in da mafia community and also a good player when he wants to be

I actually agree 100% with this.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

But I'm feeling you on the AA case, so maybe it's confirmation bias, or whatever you want to call it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I don't really like how you're drilling down on how exactly I've worded my reasoning, because I thought I was clear.

That's not what's happening. What I'm saying, for the third time, is that I don't see any actual reasoning from you. If you insist that it exists please quote it, because I've read the thread repeatedly and can't find it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I disagree with you Max, but I'll leave it be.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

What are your feelings on mmt?

Meta reads can be problematic to begin with, but I have to disagree about Quid tunneling when he's scum. Maybe it's personal bias, but Quid usually digs into one person and goes for blood wether he's scum or not.

MMT themselves...the reliance on meta game arguments and semantics makes me feel a bit uneasy. I find most town day one votes are based on 'feels' or 'lynch the dick' but he's trying to find almost nonexistent inconsistencies and exploit them.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Mmt.. are you and lil D the scum team? I just re-read the thread. You're seeming suspicious. Also, is that gasoline you're holding?

This is twice you've brought me up without a case, just throwing my name out and seeing if it sticks?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Also, what if I am phone posting exclusively all the time 24/7

I do that. I'm even running a game from (almost) exclusively my phone. I'm not sure what this is asking.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I'm happy with Moat or AA today. Kinda feeling AA more, but it's fine.

I agree with this, and also would be willing to have a conversation about MMT.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

See, I look at this and see him pointing out over and over 'omg, look how town I am' and that's suspicious to me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Don't deflect. Why did you drop all your on AA for a single post from infinitum? On someone you haven't even mentioned up until now?

Okay then I'll ask, because it's an answer I want too. Who are your scum picks Moat, and why?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're going to lynch someone today and he's on the top of most peoples' poo poo lists.

Scum tend to sweat and get all flabbergasted and defend themselves. Especially if there are only two of them.

Moat is cool as a cucumber. He really doesn't seem to care if he gets lynched. Yeah, he's annoyed by infini going after him, but who wouldn't be? Getting tunneled sucks.

He may not be defending himself outright, but he is defiantly trying to push people onto other lynching possibilities. I'm not saying he's 100% scum, but his posts have a strange edge to them when I re-read and it makes me side-eye him pretty hard.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Ok dawny, that's a red flag. You're calling him scum for suggesting that other people in the game might be scum?

I did not say that. I called him scummy with all of the look how town I am posts, you said he wasn't defending himself how scum would, and I said that he's not outright defending himself but he's defiantly trying to get the vote to go anywhere but him. Don't twist my words.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

It's the emotional aspect that's lacking. He's not emotionally invested in his own lynching (or its prevention).

And I'm not twisting your words, your perception that he is 'defiantly' trying to pursue other lynching possibilities jumps out at me.

Moat is, in all likelihood, a tree. For you to see him as 'defiantly' trying to escape his fate suggests to me that you're emotionally invested in his lynching.

Does a mislynch help you achieve your win condition?

I apologize, my phone autocorrected definitely and defiantly.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

I apologize, my phone autocorrected definitely and defiantly.

Definitely was supposed to be in the places defiantly was is what I'm trying to say

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

It seems like Dawny and Quid are defending each other, that's interesting. Especially with Quid's incredibly vague response to me just now, where he's usually detail-oriented.

I've been mostly ignoring Quid because he's acting exactly like he did in a different game where we ended up having a huge slap fight, and we were both town then.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're going to lynch someone today and he's on the top of most peoples' poo poo lists.

Scum tend to sweat and get all flabbergasted and defend themselves. Especially if there are only two of them.

Moat is cool as a cucumber. He really doesn't seem to care if he gets lynched. Yeah, he's annoyed by infini going after him, but who wouldn't be? Getting tunneled sucks.

Followed by

Adahn1986 posted:

If he's town, and knows he's town, then it's his prerogative to get someone else lynched, or he's playing against his win condition.

Sure, it's okay to be casual about it before the deadline approaches, but when it comes down to the wire a mislynch helps scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

What is this in relation to?

Why are people posting without saying anything.

I was pointing out the flaws with Adahn's logic, specifically the contradiction you pointed out. Do you need me to post every logical leap that most of us are able to make?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're approaching the deadline so feel free to turn your virtual vote into a real vote and help

Okay, nope. I have only ever seen this used by scum. ##vote Adahn We have about two hours and active conversation is going, but now that we're discussing you somewhat you're trying to get the lynch over with.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

can you summarize it for me

Adahn is scum, vote him.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Li Dawny is jumping on a turbo and accusing anyone she perceives as focusing attention away from themselves as being scum.

I voted you because you pushed a turbo, and I was only the second person to vote you. How is that anything close to jumping onto a turbo?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Eh, the focus was on AA for practically the entirety of D1 and D2, and AA said he was going to disappear from the conversation in the hopes he didn't get lynched.

That's not really the play of someone interested in helping to find out who's scum and who's town. It's self-preservation.

I could have done it too, but here I am getting tree-stumped. We're 1 townie down, but oh well.

What does any of this have to do with the question I asked?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Probably getting tree-stumped today, but I've been moderately suspicious of Dawny for a bit.

Note that she was the second vote on me, sure, but then immediately follows it up by pushing for a turbo.

Then she says she's voting me for 'pushing a turbo', when in fact I was pressing Quid on his earlier AA stance.

I won't be able to vote anymore, but let it be known that while I still had branches, I pointed them accusingly and chose to ##vote Li Dawny

I was not pushing a turbo, I was making a half joke to dongs asking for a summery of the last two pages. And if this isn't a post pushing a turbo

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, we're approaching the deadline so feel free to turn your virtual vote into a real vote and help

I don't know what is.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

As I mentioned, adahn at least had further reasons for voting me despite being wrong about them and that seems like a genuine town attempt at developing a case instead of latching which is what I think li and max did.

So you're calling me scum for not putting enough work into your case, but I've been clearly working on and casing other people.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

lol I got a town read from Moat, he's around and also hasn't hammered/voted. Neither has dongs or AA. Strongest read is on Dawny for bandwagoning with you, pushing the turbo, and lying.

I've refuted every one of these points and you just call me a liar, so what is the point anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Saying you were joking isn't a refutation. You didn't say 'people are saying Adahn is scum', you said 'Adahn is scum, vote him' counting on Dongs' positive image of you to move the turbo forward.

I don't buy it.

Dongs has been talking the whole game about siding with Quidnose, not me. And I said what I believed, but in a joking way, that doesn't mean I was pushing a turbo. My vote on you was specifically because you were pushing a turbo on AA, as I said when I posted it, why would I push a turbo on you immediately afterword?

• Locked thread