Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I don't think this was a good lynch, I hope I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

You still think Adahn is the right choice, even with him throwing opinions every which way right now?

I was scumbros with him in a different game and he did the exact same thing before he was lynched.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

...why in the world didn't you offer this information before we hammered Moat.

Because one, I wasn't the only person in that game who's in this game and they all know it, and two everything I was saying was being ignored by everyone except Adahn who was turning it into arguments about semantics.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Li Dawny?

More liek LIL SCUMMY

##vote Li Dawny

I never even voted for Moat, how does that make me scummy?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i think li dawny's scum but i dont like voting for my children

I promise I'm not scum

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I don't know! Maybe everyone? Or maybe it's just AR as his own super scum team and we're all just being toyed with. Or maybe it's actually not Adahn and I was just being super tunnelly. I stand by what I said before though, he is acting like he did before getting lynched in Trumpining.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

How can you not even have a suspect right now? Tunnel away infinitum.

And this is so much better?

Moatillata posted:

Actually this could be interesting.

##vote: dongs

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

6 people have 1 vote on them in an 8 person game what is wrong with us

Scum is getting their way.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, just realized I won't be able to play tomorrow because I'm an awesome mom and I'm taking my seven year old to Jurassic Quest, and that's way more fun than this game. However, I do want to get some scum hunting in before the deadline so let's talk.

We all know how I feel about Adahn, but I will leave it alone unless someone wants to hear it again, because it feels like I'm the minority with that thought.

I am currently reading with a few working theories, but if anyone has an opinion they want me to weigh in on I'm here pretty uninterrupted for a few hours.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm having feeeeeeeelings and I'm wanting someone else to weigh in.

I'm gonna say Max and Adahn for top scumbros. They get into a mild argument to distance themselves from eachother, then they agree, then Max throws a almost deadline no support vote on what he thought was going to end as a lynch of Adahn, and now they bicker about why to vote for AA but we should totally all vote for AA for whatever reason.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

You seriously have no problem with AA?

Less than I do about you and Adahn.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

b. if you ARE frustrated, you aren't showing it, and it also should be directed at AR for the weird deadline.

Can we stop bitching about the deadline? It was posted for two days and no one said a word, now everyone's bitching because they had poo poo to do. If you have a problem with scheduling PM the GM when you notice it, don't just go off when it happens after being given plenty of warning. Maybe, just maybe, have respect for the person who put all this poo poo together so you'd have a game to bitch about.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

?

Kinda want to know what the theory was.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

You missed my entire point but I'm sorry that you are upset that I am calling AA out on his crap regarding soft blaming everyone. This isn't on AR at all, nor do I say that.

Frankly this reads as a reactionary soft defense of AA

I didn't even say anything about AA. I'm just kinda tired of watching people who don't GM bitch about how GMs are running the games. It's about basic respect.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

What's your motivation for typing stuff like this out?

It's a whole 'look how town I am' thing.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

First and foremost I cannot imagine at -1 in a 9 person game Adahn, having hosed up that much as scum and with me on him like a hound, does anything but give up and shut up. Instead he starts naming people and offering opinions on them. He has continued to do that today, knowing he would be a major candidate. Unless he is banking 100% on not going down AT ALL, his scum flip will basically hand the game to us cause we can probably figure out who the remaining scum is somewhere in there.

And again, I just don't see that being the correct scum play. Adahn strikes me as smart, and if he knew he had hosed up royally, he would shut up as scum, I think, so as to give his partner a fighting chance. His list posting strikes me as someone who does not care if he continues as a voting force in the game, and scum wouldn't do that. It's the main reason I unvoted him.

Adahn did this exact same thing in Trumpining, he rambled on and on about who else to suspect up to the last vote on him. His town game is more insisting on his innocence and being flustered by the votes piling on him.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Isn't that what he's doing here?

No, he's making cases and pointing fingers, he's saying 'gee wiz guys, scum sure is doing a darn good job', he's not rampaging/cursing/being really ducking rude like I've seen him do as town.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I believe Li Dawny/MMT are the scumteam.

MMT's insistence on Adahn being scum reads as fake. Her lumping me in with Adahn as a potential scumbuddy makes no sense, and I don't believe if she had actually read any of me she would be making that claim now.

The only other person she has really given an opinion on that I remember is Moat, who we know is town, and who she helped lock in as dunk yesterday by moving her vote off of Adahn after my unvote. Like I said, scum might actually be wanting more no-dunks than stumps, so I could see her doing this with Adahn as town.

Beyond that, I don't see her offering any reads. This is odd MMT play and the most damning thing right now is her trying to connect me and Adahn. Makes no sense with my play at EOD yesterday, and she should have seen and known that SINCE SHE WAS THERE AT THE TIME.

Li is mostly gut, she's way under the radar, not really posting much except to snipe, and her play where she was town was WAY different than this.

##vote MMT

Different how?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Because I'm 1/1 and you're both 0/1 right now. If I get lynched today that will make you both 0/2, do you even care?

What does this even mean?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

MMT, my case on you is every single one of your posts. I'm not going to quote all of them. Anyone who wants to read them can click the little question mark, just like I do.

So what you're basically saying is that you don't need to put forth the same amount of effort to case people as everyone else does because you don't feel like it?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Effort? Have you read what I said was my main issue with MMT? It was a LACK of something.

How exactly do you quote someone's posts to point out the absence of something?

You quote them and point out what's missing in a clear and logical way. You don't just say 'welp, I don't like them and they're posts have no content so yeah, whatever.'

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

mmt I would like a list of alignment calls from you for everyone. You should have some suspicions now either way.

Same from you lil d

THE STUMP HAS SPOKEN

Also Im just gonna say that my lynch felt really fast. I really didn't expect my trunk on the chopping block when I saw the thread was locked after I got done with work stuff. Esp when the last I checked adahn was about to get buzz sawed.

I'll do my best, but I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with them.

We know about Adahn, enough said
AA is difficult. I can see both sides and have been cased for being scum just because of having a life. I am feeling slightly more of a town vibe.
Dongsbot is my mafia blind spot, and I'm about 98% sure he knows that, and I will never believe he is scum.
I don't know much about Infi, but I do know a few things. He gets really mean when he feels pressure sometimes, but not always. He's very inconsistent in his play style is what I'm trying to say and I could probably be persuaded either way.
Max, as I've said before, makes me feel suspicious. I can see a reality where he and Adahn are scumbros, and that's my current main pick.
MT is all over the place, but I haven't really played enough with them to know their style well. I have nothing for this one either. The arguments against her have good points, but so does she.
Quid is another of my blind spots, but for a completely different reason than Dongsbot. He is one of the only people on this forum who has actually gotten me to almost snap, and can keep me on my toes that way.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

How have I been all over the place? If anything I feel like I've been a broken record this game.

I'm starting to grow mildly suspicious of LD - at first I had a town read on her because she seems to agree with me re: Adahn, but thinking about it further she might be doing that knowing that I'll just keep hammering away at him so she doesn't have to say anything.

Excuse me? I have made multiple cases against people, Adahn included. I told you all yesterday that I was going to be busy today, so don't call me scum for spending time with my family.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

Moatillata, Town Aligned Stump, has been RAVAGED BY PISSED OFF TERMITES and is DEAD FOREVER

Gdi

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Good morning!

First, I apologize for being so absent over the weekend, my kids are both sick so it's been fun. Moving on, I want to say that I am so confused as to who to look at now. I feel like not being involved over the past two days has made it difficult to make reads and feel secure in any call.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I have to say that Quid is making a good case, and I'm not sure how to defend except by saying it's wrong. I'm not going to get into a slap fight with him because we've done that and I refuse to do it again. AA had slipped off my radar when I began suspecting Adahn, we all know that and we've all done that, it's called tunneling for a reason. And yes, I was tunneling Adahn for a while because he gets under my nerves and it's been a particularly stressful week, I see that now that I re-read.

Moving on, MMT has been a little jumpy in this game. Pretty hard defending themselves in a game where lynching isn't necessarily the end. Max I mostly suspected in relation with Adahn (who I'm still a bit suspicious of) and re-reading his posts they come off pretty townie.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I would argue that I haven't really been defending myself all that much, there hasn't really been a convincing (based on the votes) case on me yet. Are you saying I'm your strongest scum read?

Murmur Twin posted:

Pending LD making a genuine effortcase on someone I feel like it would be hard to justify voting anywhere else. I'm suspicious of

(a) she's calling me suspicious for being defensive/jumpy (was I?), but not mentioning the fact that I was defending AA (which imo is the best case to be made on me)
(b) she strikes me as hedgey, like someone who doesn't want to call anyone scum because she knows we're all town

You spent two posts defending yourself about being defensive. I mean, I don't know what else to say about that. Also, your name gets thrown around but you don't appear until there's someone you can jump onto a vote for. Just saying.

To answer this

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would thinking Adahn is scum make you drop suspicion of AA?

I didn't say I dropped suspicion, I said I was more concerned with Adahn. Stop putting words in my mouth. And I apologize for not having the energy for a fight to prove I'm town. If you want to stump me, stump me, whatever. Maybe then you'll have the info you need to catch scum. It seems like most you you think I'm scum, and it's somewhat close to the deadline, so I get it. But for the record I'm ##vote MMT

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Hey guys, remember that time I promised I wasn't scum and you lynched me anyway for NOT getting into a slap fight?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

do u forgive me

I don't hold grudges, they're bad for you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

:shrug:

You're cool and all, but I don't like low effort players being near endgame if I have any say in it, unless you are actually the firefighter in this case.

This isn't low effort Dongs, he just picks up on crap the first few days then smacks everyone in the face with how right he is later. I'd be willing to vote for whoever he says, if I had a vote, when it comes to late game with him.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

To me it looks low effort, but I've never really played a real game with them.

In my Disney game that just ended he 'low effort' posted for three days, walked in and called all three scum in a row, but unfortunately got lynched immediately after. If town had listened to him they would have won.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

That's just not how I play.

That doesn't make it scummy to play differently.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

So who is the remaining scum to you, Li?

To me? It's bothering me how hard Max is Mafia dadding and that's always suspicious to me. With MMT kinda soft claiming I'd like to hear a comment from them about that.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

How am I Mafia dading?

And how weak is it to just take zero ownership of your vote?

Max posted:

Like, to me, low effort = not much info to go on, and I would never want something like that near the end when it's better for town to have a lot of info, both in claims and post history, to succeed.

Max posted:

That's just not how I play.

Max posted:

:shrug:

You're cool and all, but I don't like low effort players being near endgame if I have any say in it, unless you are actually the firefighter in this case.

You don't see this as Mafia dadding?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

That's how Iv'e been posting for years. I guess the definition of Mafia dading had changed, because I just see myself explaining why I find someone suspicious / why I want to vote them.

You saying that you find someone suspicious is one thing, you saying someone should/shouldn't play a certain way is Mafia dadding.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

How do YOU feel about Adahn now that he's given you his vote?

It's weird, and I've been suspicious of Adahn for a while. It could be a gambit, and it's a pretty brilliant one if it is, but I'm not entirely sure if it is. I would love to lynch him just because he's loving rude, but I'm not sold on him being scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Also, the fairy's name is Crysta.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

as the pxie, ferngully, which is my name

Crysta. JFC

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

p sure my role pm says im ferngully

Adahn, vote Dongs! Not really though. Vote whoever you want, me being a stump doesn't make my reads more correct, and to trust them blindly makes me actually suspect you more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

:ghost: I speak for the trees, and they say you all hosed up on that one :ghost:

Basically.

• Locked thread