Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

My housemate owns this really lovely late-90s Honda. It drives nicely and all, but it looks pretty crappy and the fabric liner on the interior ceiling has fallen out. The interior has this permanently and mysteriously tacky feeling on every surface. It's inexplicable.
Due to a disability, my housemate can't really drive any more, so her dad drives it.
Her dad parks it on the street out of habit. This isn't unusual or an issue normally ... Except for the fact that he's basically turned the car into a loot pinata for any rear end in a top hat with a few minutes to waste.
He's done the following things over the last few months of me living here:

- Left the keys to the house on the dash while the car was unlocked
- Left his wallet full of cash on the passenger seat (which was subsequently stolen) with the doors unlocked
- Left the trunk open with tools and equipment just sitting there (that time the neighbor ran some kids off who started taking things from it)
- Left his manbag (purse? murse? handbag?) on the driver's seat with his phone, wallet, and $400 in cash (which was subsequently stolen)
- Walked off with the driver's door open and three bags of groceries inside

He'll also walk outside, leaving the front door wide open, and forget to close it when he returns. Despite (because of?) these issues, he constantly freaks the gently caress out about security and the house is rigged with security systems, redundant locks, alarms, security lights, and you get the idea.
But, like I said, he's essentially turned the Honda out front into a loot pinata that anyone walking by might benefit from and we've started keeping basically nothing but pocket change and wet wipes in the car.
This culminated in the car being broken into three separate times by three different people before noon.
Windows are busted, latch on the trunk is destroyed, and the ignition is but a memory and a broken promise.

They didn't take the change in the ashtray, though. :sun:

Edit: It has been confirmed that the wet wipes were stolen. I repeat: The wet wipes were stolen.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What's her disability except being a dumbass ?

e ho its the dad nvm

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Her primary disability seems to be having a dad that likes to make her property a target for theft.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

no sure where to go with this OP but ill share a story about walking home super drunk and seeing a similar year car parked on the road and my own car key just straight up opened the door so i sat right down but it wouldnt start thankfully because im pretty sure i would have just drove it off haha i think i would have committed drunk accidently auto theft

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

no sure where to go with this OP but ill share a story about walking home super drunk and seeing a similar year car parked on the road and my own car key just straight up opened the door so i sat right down but it wouldnt start thankfully because im pretty sure i would have just drove it off haha i think i would have committed drunk accidently auto theft

Last time I was walking home drunk it was in six inch platform boots and I would have paid for the chance to commit drunk accidental auto theft.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
20 years ago I had a neighbor named AIDS Larry and he had dementia and would wander the neighborhood naked at night and rub his junk in your cars.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

criscodisco posted:

20 years ago I had a neighbor named AIDS Larry and he had dementia and would wander the neighborhood naked at night and rub his junk in your cars.
Well? What's his forums name?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
just gently caress it up op

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i will be by later to steal the change in the ashtray pls tell the vigilant captain trusting to leave quarters ima play the crane games at wawmarr

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

loving poo poo up is great and I won't speak against it

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
well if we're loving things on curbs i might as well... take a... seat.. riiiiiiiight... here!

*lubes up and sits on ops front curb*

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
my friend used to come over and hed like unload a few phones, cameras and GPS's and id be like cool whered you get this. Hed always go 'Just found em in a carpark'

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
It was so funny to me if anyone asks me where anything dodgy came from i say found in a carpark

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

tokomon posted:

This culminated in the car being broken into three separate times by three different people before noon.
are you an npc in grand theft auto

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Leave a cup of petrol in the car and hope someones smoking a cigarette or whatever while they're theivin

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

op if you don't have one of these on your car you're frankly just fuckin irresponsible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Isaac your style of thinking is so perfectly American that your weird southspeak is upsetting. If "petrol" was "gas" there you'd be the smartest guy in the trailer park

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
back in my college days I lived in a rundown punk house with like 5 other people cause I was broke as poo poo. anyway our neighbor was a drug dealer and he bought a jaguar convertible with his drug winnings. one day he left it out all night in our lovely neighborhood in his driveway with the top down and someone took a huge nasty hobo dump in the front seat. he got pissed as gently caress and went up and down the block knocking on everyone's doors trying to sherlock out the culprit.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

MiracleWhale posted:

op if you don't have one of these on your car you're frankly just fuckin irresponsible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 14, 2016

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

back in my college days I lived in a rundown punk house with like 5 other people cause I was broke as poo poo. anyway our neighbor was a drug dealer and he bought a jaguar convertible with his drug winnings. one day he left it out all night in our lovely neighborhood in his driveway with the top down and someone took a huge nasty hobo dump in the front seat. he got pissed as gently caress and went up and down the block knocking on everyone's doors trying to sherlock out the culprit.

At one point in life I lived in such a gnarly metal house that we agreed to let a cool bum sleep on our porch as a way to keep other less cool bums from sleeping on our porch. It turned out he would piss himself every night so we had to kick him off the porch after about a week, but we landed on a good compromise where we was allowed to sleep under an evergreen with fairly low branches that we had in the yard. He had been sleeping under a car and got some of his face run over a while before this so he was enthusiastic about the setup. God bless

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Cubone posted:

are you an npc in grand theft auto

Some days I think so. Maybe it's just the secret of living in Sacramento.
Neighbor ran the first guy off (the one who popped the trunk) just shy of 6am.
Second guy another neighbor saw break a window and poke around the backseat a bit after 7am.
Third one we're not sure when it was, but was before 10am and they hosed up the ignition switch trying to steal the car. It's weird, sort of, because it's a pretty chill and peaceful older neighborhood with very little crime normally aside from the loving honda and some guy who bled out in his drive way after walking home drunk after an altercation or something.

A lot of teenage kids walk by here on their way to school in the mornings, so obviously I blame ISIS.

Edit: Funny story about housemate's dad. He's baked his iphone into a pizza before by accident. He's also installed a new sliding glass patio door, broke it when a weed eater threw a rock, replaced the sliding glass door, and then broke it again a few hours later with a garden tiller.
One time he got his wallet, passport, and manpurse stolen off his person while distractedly eating a crepe in Paris. It took him four hours to notice.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 14, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Dad sounds like a massive buffoon. You could con him out of his wealth with just a little bit of effort. Better you than someone with ill intentions.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

maybe just steal the money in the car yourself?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
what kind of dipshits walk around with $400 just in their bag or wallet

Like I never have more than $20 in my wallet at any given time for this exact reason

idiot had it coming

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

why do you live with someone else's retard dad?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
What's the dad's account name?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

jarofpiss posted:

why do you live with someone else's retard dad?

Actually both of the people he lives with are apparently disabled :v:

I want to compare this guy to some sort of fictional character that fundamentally has "bad luck" but more often than not is the cause of his own suffering. I'm drawing a blank. I don't know... Larry David? Charlie Brown? I'll come back to it.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
what shithole place do you live op

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

criscodisco posted:

how dare you doxx me

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Windows 98 posted:

Actually both of the people he lives with are apparently disabled :v:

I want to compare this guy to some sort of fictional character that fundamentally has "bad luck" but more often than not is the cause of his own suffering. I'm drawing a blank. I don't know... Larry David? Charlie Brown? I'll come back to it.

Is he the retard masturbater that works from home?

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
let's just dial it back a few posts here and consider how exactly one accidentally bakes an iphone into a pizza

and also, was the pizza still good y/n

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
he might be loaded on benzos

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Aaronicon posted:

let's just dial it back a few posts here and consider how exactly one accidentally bakes an iphone into a pizza

and also, was the pizza still good y/n

The pizza was amazing, but I wasn't here for it.
The dad in question doesn't live here so much as he frequently comes to visit either overnight or for the weekend because he's old and retired and has nothing else to do. He basically comes here to play Diablo III and get in fights about politics on the internet.
Basically, he's a goon with too much money and not enough loving sense.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Why does he not have an account? Give the man an account.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
He already has an account, in his heart

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
OP put a used dildo on the dashboard, preferably one that has been shoved up your anus, and see if anyone takes it

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

tokomon posted:

The dad in question doesn't live here so much as he frequently comes to visit either overnight or for the weekend because he's old and retired and has nothing else to do. He basically comes here to play Diablo III and get in fights about politics on the internet.

And you allow this because..?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

epsilon posted:

And you allow this because..?

the guy leaves hundreds of dollars laying around willy nilly, he can come chill at my place every day if he wants

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
Rent the car on craigslist as housing. That way someone will always be there to protect his belongings and you can make a few extra bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
put your dad in a home?

• Locked thread