Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

So I waited until the post game to do a bunch of side quests and now I'm struggling through the Weapon Connosieur and the little 9-year old poo poo wants a Moblin Bat. Does anybody have a lead on a spawn for one because I'm way over leveled to pick one up off a moblin with any consistency.

...also, if I sell all my hearts and stamina to the Granter of Boons, does that reduce my level for the purposes of spawns?

I did that quest late game as well and I think I found one in the Forrest of Time. Red Moblins still spawned there regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ZorajitZorajit posted:

So I waited until the post game to do a bunch of side quests and now I'm struggling through the Weapon Connosieur and the little 9-year old poo poo wants a Moblin Bat. Does anybody have a lead on a spawn for one because I'm way over leveled to pick one up off a moblin with any consistency.

...also, if I sell all my hearts and stamina to the Granter of Boons, does that reduce my level for the purposes of spawns?

I found that beating up generic moblins just north of the Plateau, like if you just dropped down from the northern lip and attacked the punks hanging around those ruins.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
From the Funny Pictures thread:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Zopotantor posted:

From the Funny Pictures thread:

lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmbo

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
More creative ways to dunk on those rear end in a top hat Yiga:

https://twitter.com/Cutend_Syokora/status/921333420776501248

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Decided to just start Master Mode and hoooly crap is the first bit of this game tense as hell when you have a stick to defend yourself against blue bokoblins.

I'm a fan, though, you become so powerful in normal mode, nice to feel tense again about enemy camps.

sabertoothzombie
Oct 22, 2017
I've been pretty late to the party, but this game has taken up my last month.

I think I'm ready for Ganon, though I still have issues with the robots. Should I just stock up on Ancient Arrows before going through Hyrule Castle to deal with them?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Within the castle itself I thought it was easy enough to just evade them most of the time; there aren't any walkers in there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

sabertoothzombie posted:

I think I'm ready for Ganon, though I still have issues with the robots. Should I just stock up on Ancient Arrows before going through Hyrule Castle to deal with them?

Learn to parry their lasers. It’s worth it.:wink:

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

sabertoothzombie posted:

Parrying the beam's is easier than it initially seems (As long as you're only dealing with one), when they lock on the tone will change from a quick beep-beep-beep to a flatter "donk" sound the moment before the beam fires. That's when you want to hit A to reflect it back. If you've got ancient armor, you can withstand the hits pretty well.

You can do this with literally any shield as shield parry's don't damage durability.

The other option, if you find it easier, is to get a 5-Shot burst Lynel bow and a dozen Ancient Arrows or so, that'll get you set for raiding the castle.

If you've got the Master Sword, it's powered up the whole time you're in the Castle, so just go ballistic on what enemies you find there.

If I can offer one more piece of advice, when Ganon transitions to his last phase (you'll know when), take off your shield and helmet. It makes the closing cinematic a bit better if you don't have a stupid hat on for the duration, or giant pie plate strapped to your back.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

sabertoothzombie posted:

I'm uniquely terrible at parrying lasers, but with the ones in Hyrule Castle it's easy to just shoot them in the eye with a normal arrow and beat them down with the Master Sword.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

If I can offer one more piece of advice, when Ganon transitions to his last phase (you'll know when), take off your shield and helmet. It makes the closing cinematic a bit better if you don't have a stupid hat on for the duration, or giant pie plate strapped to your back.

SMH if you aren’t wearing the of the Wild set during that battle.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

SMH if you aren’t wearing the of the Wild set during that battle.

You misspelled Tingle.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Parrying the beam's is easier than it initially seems (As long as you're only dealing with one), when they lock on the tone will change from a quick beep-beep-beep to a flatter "donk" sound the moment before the beam fires. That's when you want to hit A to reflect it back. If you've got ancient armor, you can withstand the hits pretty well.

You can do this with literally any shield as shield parry's don't damage durability.

Except when you miss the timing most crappy shields will evaporate.

But yeah, it takes some practice but parrying is worth it.

In Hyrule castle you can outrun the guardians though

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

TheMadMilkman posted:

You misspelled Tingle.

Fierce Deity crew checking in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I saw this while browsing today and they're all really drat good!!

http://www.frodesignco.com/zelda-propaganda/

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Carlosologist posted:

I saw this while browsing today and they're all really drat good!!

http://www.frodesignco.com/zelda-propaganda/

I like the design of the Triforce on that poster. The imperfect, stoneworked edges would be a cool way to represent it. I'd be curious to find out if Hero's Ballad will touch on it at all. Or if sometime before the end of the Switch's life cycle we'll get another Zelda game built on BotW's engine. Especially one involving the Triforce since it's conspicuously absent except for a few brief icons.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I like the design of the Triforce on that poster. The imperfect, stoneworked edges would be a cool way to represent it. I'd be curious to find out if Hero's Ballad will touch on it at all. Or if sometime before the end of the Switch's life cycle we'll get another Zelda game built on BotW's engine. Especially one involving the Triforce since it's conspicuously absent except for a few brief icons.

Looks like someone's balancing three really crisp empanadas

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.frodesignco.com/zelda-propaganda/zelda--8zn47-zj3xw-82l6c-m83sz

This one owns.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
https://twitter.com/daniel_as_frick/status/922636914787721216

:aaaaa:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Learn to parry their lasers. It’s worth it.:wink:

It’s so much more satisfying and lucrative to hack off their legs one by one before beating them into tiny little pieces.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

WHAT

I love that I'm still learning stuff about this game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zopotantor posted:

It’s so much more satisfying and lucrative to hack off their legs one by one before beating them into tiny little pieces.

It’s really awesome that you can learn to deal with such powerful enemies even with low level equipment if you have the skill. I mostly ran from them for 75% of the game.

All these clips are making me want to do a Master Mode run after I beat Mario.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Carlosologist posted:

WHAT

I love that I'm still learning stuff about this game

That’s more or less the unofficial subtitle of BOTW since it came out. :v:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

oh gently caress YES

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ZorajitZorajit posted:

The Ancient Shield auto-reflects; no parry timing needed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Runcible Cat posted:

Oh poo poo. Another thing I didn’t know.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Runcible Cat posted:

:doh:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Runcible Cat posted:

Holy poo poo

HOLY poo poo

This. loving. Game.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Though if you let it auto-reflect some durability gets worn down and it does less damage. So it's worth trying to do a regular parry anyway, as long as you don't mistime in the way that lets the laser hit you in the face while your guard is open.

Also guardian shields can reflect the burst lasers from small guardians, but just act like normal shields against the big death cannons.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Though if you let it auto-reflect some durability gets worn down and it does less damage.

Untrue! Auto-reflected lasers do exactly the same amount of damage as parried lasers, provided they are reflected into the eye of the Guardian.

The durability part is true, however. Specifically, Ancient Shields have 32 points of durability, and each reflected laser uses one durability point. Also, auto-reflect does not work on multiple simultaneous lasers. If the shield is hit with multiple lasers at once, it will shatter like a normal shield.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Daruk's protection can reflect back lasers too.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Doesnt ancient shield also have like near zero friction when it comes to shield surfing?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Yes. Ancient Shields in general are just amazing and my inventory is full of them.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That’s more or less the unofficial subtitle of BOTW since it came out. :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Spergatory posted:

Yes. Ancient Shields in general are just amazing and my inventory is full of them.

Those and the Hylian Shield are basically all I ever use.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Yeah, that’s the one.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Those and the Hylian Shield are basically all I ever use.

Just smh if you don't conquer Hyrule Castle with nothing but a pot lid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All I really have left to finish is Master Mode Trial of the Sword and boy howdy do I loving suck at it. Not even that near-impossible floor, just the first few. It's gonna take forever to get this sword fully powered up :sigh: