Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

He is the lord of all horses, and he's been my friend through many dances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Still mad I can’t register a stag, bear, bone horse, or mountain god at the stable. They have no imagination.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Loucks posted:

Still mad I can’t register a stag, bear, bone horse, or mountain god at the stable. They have no imagination.

The monster saddle and bridle is *so obviously* to keep the sun off a stalhorse so you can ride it by day!

:sulks:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

That was also a devastating blow.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Loucks posted:

people complain about the weapon degradation but this is the real fatal flaw in BotW

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Loucks posted:

I felt so happy with myself when I tamed a bone horse and made it to stable before morning.

I was devastated.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Wittgen posted:

I felt so happy with myself when I tamed a bone horse and made it to stable before morning.

I was devastated.

:same:

I had a name picked out already.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Big missed opportunity not letting the horse god magick sinew and skin onto skeletal horses.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If I’m being honest I thought the horse system was really awesome until I realized you couldnt register cool horses or the mountain king and was so bummed I don’t think I ever summoned her again (plus once you get the motorcycle who cares)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly I found the horse system enough of a pain that I basically just ignored them. I'd love a New Game+ option that just gives you the motorcycle from the start if you've already unlocked it potentially.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bust Rodd posted:

If I’m being honest I thought the horse system was really awesome until I realized you couldnt register cool horses or the mountain king and was so bummed I don’t think I ever summoned her again (plus once you get the motorcycle who cares)

You can at least register the Gannondorf horse.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I ended up with Giant Horse, the white Royal Horse, one horse with good all-rounder stats, one super-fast horse, and a dappled gentle horse because they're pretty and I need one steed who isn't a complete rear end in a top hat. Gentle horse got flowers in their mane!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Once I discovered that ice arrows make capturing horses trivial it was slightly less of a hassle. I usually just whistle sprint everywhere though because most of the time I’m clambering over horse-exclusionary terrain or leaping from high places and haven’t finished the DLC.

My last shrine is going to be sitting in plain sight by the side of a road I can feel it.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Loucks posted:

Once I discovered that ice arrows make capturing horses trivial

..........................................................................................:stare:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

..........................................................................................:stare:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

It was a “you’re going to hold still even if it kills you damnit!” moment followed by exactly that reaction.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:emptyquote:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I've found that parachuting onto them from above is usually the easiest method. The Taobab Grasslands (a bit south of the Great Plateau) have a good chance to spawn 4/4/5 horses as well as being the home of the giant horse, and it has a whole bunch of nearby high vantage points to drop in on your future steed.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I've found that parachuting onto them from above is usually the easiest method. The Taobab Grasslands (a bit south of the Great Plateau) have a good chance to spawn 4/4/5 horses as well as being the home of the giant horse, and it has a whole bunch of nearby high vantage points to drop in on your future steed.

And a couple of max level lynels to keep you honest.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

BearDrivingTruck posted:

and it has a whole bunch of nearby high vantage points to drop in on your future steed.

(Revali's Gales at every opportunity even when it's not totally needed)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
horses arent as fun as walking anyway

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Hey good news guys, my daughter got the Ancient Helm

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:3:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

its the 35th anniversary next year, probably will be a collection of everything on switch. we hope.

If it's anything like the Mario anniversary, they'll dump a couple old roms on a cartridge and sell it for 40 bucks.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

You monster.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

man... playing wind waker really just makes me want Wind Waker But With More Bigger Islands edition

Outset Island is like literally the largest landmass in the game (not counting the obvious). I really wish the sea just a couple more islands of that size where you really got to stretch your legs.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

When I bought my switch Dec 18, I also grabbed BOTW but it didn't grab my interest much at all. I finally got around to restarting and :allears: this game is so delightful. I'm terrible at combat so I've just been cheesing the tough fights with durian and mighty banana meals, but I'm still enjoying the heck out of everything. Having the extra hearts means I'm not anxious about climbing over everything and stumbling upon a big camp or a hinox anynmore.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

mastajake posted:

no idea how you still have such optimism

i post in the ps4 thread, we have tons of it there! things will be okay, friend.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Loucks posted:

Once I discovered that ice arrows make capturing horses trivial it was slightly less of a hassle. I usually just whistle sprint everywhere though because most of the time I’m clambering over horse-exclusionary terrain or leaping from high places and haven’t finished the DLC.

My last shrine is going to be sitting in plain sight by the side of a road I can feel it.

wait what

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escape Goat posted:

If it's anything like the Mario anniversary, they'll dump a couple old roms on a cartridge and sell it for 40 bucks.

we're getting full mario remakes are we not? or are you talking about that old wii anniversary "disc"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vikar Jerome posted:

we're getting full mario remakes are we not?

:iiam:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

we're getting full mario remakes are we not? or are you talking about that old wii anniversary "disc"

There's been precisely zero evidence of this ever and the rumor is months old

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amppelix posted:

man... playing wind waker really just makes me want Wind Waker But With More Bigger Islands edition

Outset Island is like literally the largest landmass in the game (not counting the obvious). I really wish the sea just a couple more islands of that size where you really got to stretch your legs.

I feel like that's the worst part of Wind Waker, most islands are single visits and you explore their whole mass within a couple minutes. I would have loved an island or two that took like an hour or two to fully explore.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Ice a horse then run up and mash A.

Horse thaws; you mount.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Amppelix posted:

sigher posted:

I feel like that's the worst part of Wind Waker, most islands are single visits and you explore their whole mass within a couple minutes. I would have loved an island or two that took like an hour or two to fully explore.

I always felt that one or two landmasses that extended beyond a single square on the map would have been really great, although that may have been too much of a scale difference with the rest of the world (requiring alternate transportation just for that one area, etc).

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

lol get a load of this poster, suggesting people make things up about video game releases on the internet. just lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Loucks posted:

Ice a horse then run up and mash A.

Horse thaws; you mount.

holy poo poo

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Regy Rusty posted:

Well Nintendo hasn't announced their Fall/Winter releases at all. The lack of E3 really put a damper on them being able to make an impact. I wonder if they are holding off until Sony and Microsoft make their moves in terms of pricing and whatnot as well. Also adding in whatever COVID may have done to development time tables as well.

I think that the rumors have been too good, specific and numerous from people that are reputable for there to be nothing to it. If nothing else they might be holding on to it in case whatever they were hoping to be their big Holiday title falls through to slot in. I assume that is why the announcement of Pikmin 3 came out of nowhere. They probably have a couple of things in the can that are mostly done to slot in if needed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wrong thread lmao

Zelda is cool, Inhope BotW 2 brings back skulltulas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Bust Rodd posted:

Wrong thread lmao

Zelda is cool, Inhope BotW 2 brings back skulltulas

Jeez, can you imagine the nightmares from seeing those things done more modern?