Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I found Snow Shield Surfing, but not Snow Bowling. And you will have to sell stuff you need for armor upgrades, but getting thousands of rupees is easy selling gems and meals you made using expensive monster parts. You only need maybe 30 each of topaz, opal, ruby, maybe a little more amber, and probably 20-25 diamond. As for the glowy stone, you need like 75+, but they are super common and sell for 700 a ten-pack once you don't need them and diamonds. Theres also a gerudo who buys ten amber in goron city.

I would get 8k at a time selling ~30-40 of the stones and 20-40 of the gems. After I got the final fairy fountain I just stopped caring about money lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You can find the Snow Bowling area directly underneath the tower that's to the left of the Forgotten Temple crevice. It's probably the easiest place to farm the fire dragon materials as well since it respawns around midnight and comes right towards you through the crevice.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 31, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Waltzing Along posted:

Didn't even think to do that. Hadn't upgraded the sensor or seen the special ore.

Ore with gold sparkles drops the more precious stuff; it's worth focussing on. A couple of taluses have it too, but I've forgotten which ones since I unlocked the 10k fairy. One's west of Hyrule Castle I think....

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Octoroks are infuriating in this game, jesus. Their range is annoyingly long and accurate.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone know how to raise the buried shrine south of the lake surrounding the bird village? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Octoroks are infuriating in this game, jesus. Their range is annoyingly long and accurate.

It's how they became one of the dominant species by this time.

They hunted the peahats to extinction.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

Does anyone know how to raise the buried shrine south of the lake surrounding the bird village? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Does it have stones around it. Go talk to people in the town to start the quest.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can you actually get the treasure chest from mimic octoroks? I've tried killing them fast, or using stasis and going to open but neither works.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GobiasIndustries posted:

Their timing can be weird too. "Oh hey I got a second to do this before I have to dodge the rock"

Nope.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got like 90 shrines and beat the game and I started a new file

its the first time that wiping a completed file hasn't been some daunting terrible experience

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

parallelodad posted:

Can you actually get the treasure chest from mimic octoroks? I've tried killing them fast, or using stasis and going to open but neither works.

Nope! sometimes when you kill them they will drops some rupies though. Sort of like when killing octorocks sometimes results in raw fish.

Speaking of rupies. It's always amazing when you lift a random rock and there actually ARE rupies under it.

I remember someone earlier in the thread worried that the Minish were dead because there is no more money in grass and rocks. But it's okay, there is still money under rocks sometimes :unsmith:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
:popeye: Map spoilers :popeye:

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Lake Hylia isn't where he thinks it is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh. Is there any way to cheese the mounted archery trial, I hate this

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Hmm not sure about that.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Spergatory posted:

It's kind of nice of the game not to trigger Blood Moons while you're in Hyrule Castle. If one comes up, the game will do the ambient effects and turn the sky red, but it won't play the cutscene or respawn anything. You'll get a Blood Moon the first night you spend outside of the castle though.

That one guy who got a Blood Moon during the Ganon fight had to have triggered a Glitch Moon, because it reset him outside the fight. Glitch Moons reset the game world completely, including your position in it, to the nearest "safe" place. In a normal Blood Moon, when the cutscene ends, you're exactly where you were, doing exactly what you were doing before. I've gotten a Blood Moon while using Magnesis to beat a Guardian to death, had the cutscene end, and came back still holding the box above the Guardian's head, its health exactly where I left it. A Glitch Moon while doing the same thing moved me back to the place where I "entered" the region and despawned the box completely. Glitch Moons can seemingly happen anywhere at any time, so I kind of want to know exactly what triggers them.

Catching up on the thread, so sorry if this has been answered!

I believe the glitched Blood Moon effect is triggered when the game encounters an object that is where it is not supposed to be, or conversely when there isn't an object where one IS supposed to be. Or any other sort of general chicanery that would otherwise cause the game to crash. However, instead of crashing, because Blood Moons reset the overworld, the game just does that instead. The reason why they often happen over and over is because the player is often repeatedly doing the thing that caused it in the first place. This happens more often when you have left the game running for a long time, because of memory leakage. This is why turning the game off and back on again often fixes the problem. Now, this is just a theory, but since glitched Blood Moons help save memory and prevent crashes, I believe the timing of regular Blood Moons is basically whenever the game's memory gets however full, it triggers one the next night. This is why whenever you skip one, it only skips until the next night. Also I think it explains why, (as far as I have encountered) they happen more frequently the further you are in the game.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

veni veni veni posted:

Use one of those bows that fires three arrows in a spread

Or a bow with a faster draw so you have time for more shots.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Oquendo posted:

Their timing can be weird too. "Oh hey I got a second to do this before I have to dodge the rock"

Nope.

Yeah it's almost always super irritating, especially because they pop up when I just want to get from point A to B and they're launching impossibly accurate rocks at me for like a mile.

Stuff like that is totally offset when, like earlier, I was trying to find a shrine and flew over a cliff, did some magic jumping, and turned around to find a gigantic loving dragon flying in the canyon behind me :stare:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

El Burbo posted:

The funniest blessing shrine was the one on skull lake

"The real trial was getting there" says the quest

Uh no I just glided down to it from the cliff next it

Oh, good, I'm not the only one that had a good laugh about that one then.

E:

Waltzing Along posted:

I need about 5k. Wandering around Death Mountain looking for nodes is working, but feels slow. Any recommendations for good areas or is it just a crapshoot?

Go bowling. It's the cabin at the base of Hebra Tower. There's a sweet spot that gets you a strike pretty much every time. Costs 20 rupees to play, a strike earns you 300 rupees. You can check on Youtube for a video for the sweet spot, or have me tell you that it's the right angle between Pondo (the guy) and the rock on the ground.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 31, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Harrow posted:

removes the loading screens from the blessing shrines. That's an unambiguous upgrade if you ask me.

I understand your argument but I can't agree with it. The blessing shrines exist to ritualize the act of receiving a spirit orb, and I think this is a significant enough benefit to justify the loading screens.

Too many combat shrines dumb tho.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Saddened that there is no light cycle shrine.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Shrine chat: The only thing that annoys me about the Blessing shrines is the time it takes. I think I'm even missing a few things, but it's:

- Trigger cutscene to spawn the shrine from the ground (sometimes)
- Activate teleport pad.
- Activate elevator.
- Loading screen into shrine, which is short.
- Walk up to chest, open it, inventory is full (it's always full), drop whatever you need to drop, re-open chest.
- Walk up to monk. Cutscene starts, press button to skip.
- "Spirit Orb Get!" cutscene starts, press button to skip.
- "You Did It!" message, press button to skip and teleport out.
- Loading screen to surface, which takes longer.

Whole lot of unnecessary steps to get a spirit orb.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

DalaranJ posted:

Too many combat shrines dumb tho.

I think there are so many combat shrines to ensure that you fight through a couple of each no matter which route you take through the game.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

I think there are so many combat shrines to ensure that you fight through a couple of each no matter which route you take through the game.

No it's so there's a source of every permutation of guardian weapons. Like how the coliseum has all the elemental weapons.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Combat shrines are fun. Fun to do early and scrape by to get good weapons. Fun to do late to kick rear end.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:stare: Gerudo weapons in pools of malice at the south lomei labyrinth

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

You want the following:

A multishot bow The Great Eagle bow is best, as it has the longest flattest trajectory and reloads quickly
A ***** speed horse You can find excellent horses in the Upland lindor area, Northwest of Maag No'rah shrine, West-Southwest of Serenne Stable, directly south of hebra tower across the canyon. If you go looking for a Talus, you're in the right spot.
Arrows Bomb arrows work the best.

Remember you can jump off the horse at the end to go into slow-mo to get all the targets at the end.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Wish they made a metroid game with botw resources. Metroid was always the superior franchise. Rather shoot poo poo on alien worlds than ye olde swords and sandals.

Despera fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 31, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Combat shrines probably should've skewed a bit tougher. Stumbling across a Major early is fun, but a Minor or Moderate in postgame might as well be a blessing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Despera posted:

Wish theyou made a metroid game with botw resources. Metroid was always the superior franchise. Rather shoot poo poo on alien world's than ye olde swords and sandals.

oh no

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Drewjitsu posted:

You want the following:

A multishot bow The Great Eagle bow is best, as it has the longest flattest trajectory and reloads quickly
A ***** speed horse You can find excellent horses in the Upland lindor area, Northwest of Maag No'rah shrine, West-Southwest of Serenne Stable, directly south of hebra tower across the canyon. If you go looking for a Talus, you're in the right spot.
Arrows Bomb arrows work the best.

Remember you can jump off the horse at the end to go into slow-mo to get all the targets at the end.

You really don't need a fast horse. If anything that'll gently caress you up more by giving you less time to aim. But yeah Great eagle bow is near mandatory. Then use bomb arrows to blow up the last group of 5. Oh and make sure you have motion controls on to fine tune. You can miss two targets on the way as 23/25 is needed.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

I mean, they could just make what amounts to Windwaker 2 in the BotW engine. Return to the great sea, ramp up the black outlines and set sail for adventure.

Beating WW2 and starting a new quest should let you sail towards what will eventually become a 3D version of Link's Awakening.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

You really don't need a fast horse. If anything that'll gently caress you up more by giving you less time to aim. But yeah Great eagle bow is near mandatory. Then use bomb arrows to blow up the last group of 5. Oh and make sure you have motion controls on to fine tune. You can miss two targets on the way as 23/25 is needed.

When I was attempting this with a 3 star horse, it felt like I didn't have enough time to get to the end. With the 5 speed horse, everything just clicked. Also echoing turning up your aiming sensitivity to high. Motion aiming is optional, I found that it hosed me up more than not.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Man the Lynel (Lionel is his name in my mind) you have to fight before the elephant Zord just kicked the poo poo out of me. I eventually just used a stealth serum and snuck around to get the shock arrows I needed.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Is it possible to back up a save? I want to start a new game, but still want access to my old save. I have an SD card if that helps

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Man the Lynel (Lionel is his name in my mind) you have to fight before the elephant Zord just kicked the poo poo out of me. I eventually just used a stealth serum and snuck around to get the shock arrows I needed.

I never tried to fight him. There are a boatload of arrows in the area as is.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

You aren't supposed to fight him

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

padijun posted:

Is it possible to back up a save? I want to start a new game, but still want access to my old save. I have an SD card if that helps

Start a new profile.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Bombadilillo posted:

You aren't supposed to fight him

I beat him up because I enjoy pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

If you didn't immediately take on that Lynel and go through half your food and weapons doing it, you a bitch