Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wii U version's out on the same day as well.

Phew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Wait seriously? The Wii U version comes out same day? Then I'll wait on a switch till MARIO.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wii U version's out on the same day as well.

Please don't run like poo poo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like some of the amiibo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

That Zelda (?) Amiibo is rad af

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the legend of zelda: breath of the wild is going to be the best game ever made

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am sort of sad we get another rad looking Zelda who appears to spend the entire game being useless and getting kidnapped. I mean she's Zelda, it's kind of in her job description, but still.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

romanowski posted:

Will it still run on WII U

Cuz that's all I got

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I hope the blonde girl isn't Zelda at all.

This time, Link transforms into Zelda.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

romanowski posted:

It'll probably be a great 3rd person adventure game. Maybe as good as Dark Souls.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

I am sort of sad we get another rad looking Zelda who appears to spend the entire game being useless and getting kidnapped. I mean she's Zelda, it's kind of in her job description, but still.

yeah if only we had a zelda that didn't do that...they should bring that Shiek guy back, he was cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thanks alot assbag posted:

I hope the blonde girl isn't Zelda at all.

This time, Link transforms into Zelda.

It says "Zelda" right below the Amiibo.

spit on my clit posted:

yeah if only we had a zelda that didn't do that...they should bring that Shiek guy back, he was cool

As long as she is named Zelda she can do stuff. As soon as she reveals herself as Zelda? Boom. Kidnapped.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

ImpAtom posted:

IT'S FAKE IT'S A a lie!!!! !!]]

dony listen to this post!!!!

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

ImpAtom posted:

from the looks of that amiibo, shes actually gonna kick rear end

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

ImpAtom posted:

Those characters read "Malon" actually.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'll be waiting for people's conjectures how this new Zelda fits in the timeline after that new trailer.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's also this:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition-switch

Well, poo poo, I hope this won't be hard to get a hold of. I rarely manage to get Nintendo collectors editions because they're usually produced in such low numbers.

Edit-Dammit, PaletteSwappedNinja.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

There's also this:

I thought about buying this before remembering that I don't really like most Zelda games and that I'm not spending an extra $60 on mostly useless poo poo.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
It took me a very long time to register that this is the first Zelda game with complete voice acting.

And before you say anything, the first Zelda game made by Nintendo with complete voice acting.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Rude Link don't spy on Zelda in the bath.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love her eyebrows

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Have art

:neckbeard:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

There's also this:

I hope I'll have some luck getting ahold of it here in Japan. Now to figure out how to preorder a Switch here too.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Happy swordhammer Goron owns.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This game is going to own so hard

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Looks like we're getting all the staple races, plus the bird people who seem like they could be distant ancestors of the Rito or something. Shark Zoras are a cool direction to take. This Zelda looks to take after the Skyward Sword incarnation the most out of any of them, at least in terms of appearance. That and the bird people make me wonder if this game might be temporally adjacent to SS and WW in some way, which would be appropriate considering its artstyle is a lovely mix of the best aspects from both.

Somebody knock me out until it's March, TIA.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I like zora girl's design a lot. In the trailer, there's also that red male shark, another resembling a blue hammerhead (wide-set eyes?) and a gigantic whale zora. Goddamn!

Also master sword location:

Deku tree lives behind the castle, you can see his cherry blossoms have been added to the background of the scene where Link first sees Ganon swirling around. Another trailer shot, Link standing on that big rock, shows a different angle where the tree and blossoms are visible from a distance.

e: if Gerudos can have walrus buddies, I want one too. Guessing that could be a thing, aside from Wolf Link, normal dogs, and wolfos.

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 13, 2017

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I will not be satisfied with this game's racial diversity until I see a drat Subrosian :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

spit on my clit posted:

shiek had a great rear end. esp for a guy

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Now that the Joycons are confirmed to work like Wiimotes, I guess Skyward Sword HD is an inevitability.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Now that the Joycons are confirmed to work like Wiimotes, I guess Skyward Sword HD is an inevitability.

good

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I had Breath of the Wild preordered already at EB Games and they were very lovely to call me up this evening to ask if I wanted first dibs on the collectors edition, so I upgraded my preorder :3:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bobjr posted:

I'd probably buy all of them except the Guardian, unless it does something crazy cool like summon a mecha-guardian for Link to ride in like MechWarrior.

So, any news of graphical performance for WiiU vs Switch? It can't be that much different.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

They've gotten so much better at making amiibos. Remember the smash amiibos with just piss-colored rectangles for support stands

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The more Zelda amiibo they announce, the less sure I am of which ones I want in my collection.

Like, they announced Wolf Link, and it looks cool and has a great function. Then they announced the anniversary four and 8 bit link is straight up bad looking, but while the other 3 look okay, all four have a pretty lackluster function.

Now we have 5 BOTW specific ones, but until I get a better idea of what any of them do, i'm not really prepared to make a decision.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Voxel Link is amazing. Cool and good.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

bobjr posted:

I'm in for Archer Link, Zelda and the Bokoblin.

If they make amiibos for Link's other pals from the new trailer I'll buy those too. :retrogames:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Box arts. Spot the differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I hope I'll have some luck getting ahold of it here in Japan. Now to figure out how to preorder a Switch here too.

It is on GameStop atm but won't let you check out.