Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Ok that’s all for next time but if you want to suggest a different name for my horse quote this post and I’ll consider them when next I play

Roach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Ok that’s all for next time but if you want to suggest a different name for my horse quote this post and I’ll consider them when next I play

Hoarseacles

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Barf

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The P Word.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

its gonna be real funny when botw2 ganondorf looks nothing like that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Thank you for the names to consider. If you are interested I have created a Twitter page with which I will begin cataloguing this embarrassing voyage. It is located at twitter dot com backslash WorstLink

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I generally name my regular horses after their color, so "Bluey," "Brownie," etc. This is heavily influenced by my children, who enjoy watching me play this game. This would not be helpful for your multicolor horse, which is why I'd never mount one of those in the first place.

The Giant Horse is named "Steve," and the royal horse is named "Princess" because she is very pretty.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I named the big one Horsedorf and the royal one "Zelda" so that when i whistled the game told me Zelda couldn't hear me :smith:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The first time I played thru I named the big horse either A Unit or Chungus and I can’t remember which

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I guess I'm the nerd who gives his horses mythological names to fit in with Epona (Haizum for the Ganonhorse, Bayard for the royal horse)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Probably on my next playthrough

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I like how the game guilt trips you if you try to call Epona something else after summoning him using the amiibo.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I guess I'm the nerd who gives his horses mythological names to fit in with Epona (Haizum for the Ganonhorse, Bayard for the royal horse)

Amateur. Mine get Hylian mythological names - Dragmire and Nohansen.

Ed: and if the drat game let you register stalhorses LIKE IT SHOULD mine would be Rattler.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 25, 2020

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Name your hoarse Horse "Turkey Butt" after that Eddy Murphy's Norbit

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Thank you for the names to consider. If you are interested I have created a Twitter page with which I will begin cataloguing this embarrassing voyage. It is located at twitter dot com backslash WorstLink

Lame, I would have totally read it in this thread and enjoyed. Twitter is gross.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Oh no I am only going to be posting it on here. Using Twitter for the switch screenshot integration

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

I like how the game guilt trips you if you try to call Epona something else after summoning him using the amiibo.

Yeah, well I'm gonna guilt trip you right now for misgendering her!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If you need an idea of how dumb I am at this game, enjoy this brief video. Keep in mind I have beaten this game before while watching this.

https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1309569835039293440?s=20

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
I've totally done that too, thinking "hey, if I throw this barrel down a snowy slope it should just slide neatly into that fire and then explode."

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

The great plateau is the greatest "starter area" of any game I have ever played. It almost brings the rest of BotW down in terms of how perfectly it works.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

RickRogers posted:

The great plateau is the greatest "starter area" of any game I have ever played. It almost brings the rest of BotW down in terms of how perfectly it works.

Hell, on its own it's a great open-world game even aside from its excellent tutorial.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hmm let’s put this to a thread vote. Should I adopt any of the following restrictions? Beyond my No Heart Containers one obviously. My main goal here is to have fun and make some funny posts, not torture myself too much

No mipha/daruk/urbosa powers? Revalis gale doesn’t necessarily make things easier just less tedious IMO so I won’t give that one up no matter what. Is there a way to toggle those ones on or off? Or should I just not finish the dungeons. I don’t want to miss out on interesting stuff if there’s funny content to be had but I feel like stuff in the main over world is generally a lot more interesting.

On a similar note should meals that give me extra heart containers be banned?

Ancient weapons and arrows: banned or allowed?

I have no opinion one way or the other on any of these. Also I’d like to take this moment to state definitively that I am not going to try to kill myself or be bad at the game on purpose. Any dumbass deaths are 100% not staged for comedy’s sake

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

All of the Champion’s powers can be turned off from the key items menu.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Oh perfect. I can do that then

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RickRogers posted:

If they had the wherewithal to release that as a demo they probably could sold an extra few million units.

Still sold outstandingly well, but I can't see anyone trying the demo and not wanting the game unless they really hate open world games.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I am usual pro demo version but almost feel like the completely fresh experience is crucial to the first playthrough and already knowing the drill when you get the full game would diminish it

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Carryover saves from demo to full version, bam, problem solved.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Hmm let’s put this to a thread vote. Should I adopt any of the following restrictions? Beyond my No Heart Containers one obviously. My main goal here is to have fun and make some funny posts, not torture myself too much

No mipha/daruk/urbosa powers? Revalis gale doesn’t necessarily make things easier just less tedious IMO so I won’t give that one up no matter what. Is there a way to toggle those ones on or off? Or should I just not finish the dungeons. I don’t want to miss out on interesting stuff if there’s funny content to be had but I feel like stuff in the main over world is generally a lot more interesting.

On a similar note should meals that give me extra heart containers be banned?

Ancient weapons and arrows: banned or allowed?

I have no opinion one way or the other on any of these. Also I’d like to take this moment to state definitively that I am not going to try to kill myself or be bad at the game on purpose. Any dumbass deaths are 100% not staged for comedy’s sake

Now that I think about it this raises another question.

Master sword: yes or no?

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
If you really want to punish yourself don't activate any towers

Edit- boko arms and tree branches only

Final Blog Entry fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 25, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Final Blog Entry posted:

Well let's get too crazy here

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Final Blog Entry posted:

Edit- boko arms and tree branches only

Climbing stuff is fun so my inclination would be to say no on that. Plus the ones that have goon camps around them are fun and ripe for death + destruction

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Remember, the monster difficulty scales up with each DB conquered.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cartoon Man posted:

Remember, the monster difficulty scales up with each DB conquered.

The system is way dumber and more complicated than that tbf. It scales on a points system and beating a Divine Beast adds a bunch of points to that, but almost everything you do ticks it up in some capacity.

It also determines a lot of things like what weapons are generated, the kinds of modifier that can spawn on weapons, Boss HP etc.

https://zeldamods.org/wiki/Difficulty_scaling
https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6ghtvz/explaining_enemy_scaling_in_botw_xpost_rzelda/

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 25, 2020

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

:actually: the world scales up via a hidden EXP-like system, where beating the bosses obviously gives the most points, but so does killing other enemies

e: gently caress too late with my smarmy correction

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

pentyne posted:

If they had the wherewithal to release that as a demo they probably could sold an extra few million units.

Still sold outstandingly well, but I can't see anyone trying the demo and not wanting the game unless they really hate open world games.

:hmmyes:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I wish more games had demos tbh, like all of them that cost over like :10bux:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I think the hardest challenge you could add to "no hearts" would be "no great fairies." Without health or armor, you'd get smoked by every encounter. This is probably too hard, in a way that isn't fun.

I'd definitely keep the divine beast rewards, even though you can turn them off. They're fun to use and aren't that powerful.

Normally I'd recommend not eating extra heart food because the full heal is incredibly strong, but if you've got max 3 hearts anyway it doesn't really matter. Being able to get extra hearts makes sense in terms of game feel; just don't cook thirty salted durians or something.

Be sure to have pro UI mode on! This doesn't make the game any harder but it makes it much more immersive.

A classic extra challenge is to refrain from fast traveling. Obviously this doesn't really make the game "harder" in a traditional sense, but it makes it immersive in a novel way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Use every weapon in the order in which it was picked up. No tossing weapons at enemies.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
The most important restriction in any run is going to be fairy fountains. I did a "Could an average Hylian do this" run and since an average Hylian can pay up for the second fairy fountain that's as much armor I could get. (Also only used Hylian armor)

You're gonna want to find a durian stash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Now that I think about it this raises another question.

Master sword: yes or no?

We didn't need no Master Sword in Zelda 1 or 2, so NO.