Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/PNxUq0u.mp4
Today I tried to get a little too fancy while hunting for memories :pressf:

LOL

The Bloop posted:

Things can be wrong without being lies

This is wrong, liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

romanowski posted:

I discovered this at like ~120 hours lol. then at like 200 hours I found the foot race

Have you found the bowling game?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Heran Bago posted:

The claims that the gacha can be ignored for the main game's storyline content are lies.

No it isn't. Like, not every F2P game is going to be scummy whalebait. There are good ones that don't require a new mortgage to beat.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

No it isn't. Like, not every F2P game is going to be scummy whalebait. There are good ones that don't require a new mortgage to beat.

There are totally good examples. We just have to wait like a year to see if that turns out to be true for GI. The story is interesting but isn't halfway finished at launch.

e: I'll cut it out with the GI talk ITT unless comparing to BOTW.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 19, 2020

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

Have you found the bowling game?

oh yeah that was somewhere between 120 and 200

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I may have actually missed the footrace, where's that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Golux posted:

I may have actually missed the footrace, where's that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

This map has everything and is easily searchable if you wanna shamelessly cheat your way through stuff. Very useful for the memory locations and Hynox/Lynel locations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk4uGUrM868&t=38s

Goddamn that Rito Village music is so good when their Wind Waker theme kicks in, I think it's my favorite in the game. I know more ambient music makes sense for the game overall, but pretty much all my favorite moments are when they actually do stuff with the older, more traditional themes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Pretty sure those horses stay right there until the next blood moon.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Nintendo handles the blood moon in BOTW2. From a game engine standpoint, they created it specifically to reset the world so they don’t have the memory issues that games like Skyrim have. If something glitches out, the game can literally force a blood moon in the middle of the day to correct the problem, though it’s rare and most people won’t see this. Will the blood moon return as part of whatever story they come up with? Or will there be some other in game event to account for it that serves a similar function?
I once had like eight blood moons in a row in the middle of the day and I had to fully quit the game and reset my console before it would stop.

Somethin' must've been eatin' tons of ram.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Captain Hygiene posted:

Goddamn that Rito Village music is so good when their Wind Waker theme kicks in, I think it's my favorite in the game. I know more ambient music makes sense for the game overall, but pretty much all my favorite moments are when they actually do stuff with the older, more traditional themes.

Outing myself as quite a nerd here (who'd have thunk) but we had that melody as our "walk out of the church music" at my wedding. It's so good!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gave in and did the bird dungeon to get the gale powerup. I honestly kinda think this is the one the game should judge you towards as a starter. It's a simple and short but much more interesting dungeon design, the boss is probably the easiest, and the powerup is the most all around useful for the overworld. The downside is that you kinda need two pieces of cold weather gear which is pretty pricey, you could get by with foods and elixirs but you probably don't want to worry about that the first time around.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I luckily had enough rupees to buy the warm gear from the village - in the past I would always have spent the money on my house first.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I liked that I didn’t get it until the 3rd temple, playing half the game without it makes you really appreciate how game-changing it is. It’s basically this games Hook-shot in terms of how much it changes exploration.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

The music for Dragon Roost Island is probably my favorite track in the entire franchise (and WW’s soundtrack as a whole for that matter) so I was stoked that they found a way to bring it back

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I had enough stuff to sell since I'm around 20 shrines in, but I probably wouldn't be if I was heading there first thing.

Also lol I completely forgot real estate existed, I've never even touched it. Guess that's a goal for this playthrough.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It's worth it- there's a place to hang weapons, and after you complete the DLC you will eventually get a photo of Link, Zelda, and the Champions that you can hang on your wall.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Not to mention the best side quest in the game doesn't open until you've bought your house.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

romanowski posted:

I discovered this at like ~120 hours lol. then at like 200 hours I found the foot race

I'm not the only one then. I didn't find the footrace until my third playthrough of the game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody found a shrine in real life.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Cartoon Man posted:

Neat! What was in the chest?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heart, lungs, the usual.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cartoon Man posted:

No ring triforce hand sign

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Really gross what kinda unrealistic beauty standards we hold our saints to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sorry for my ignorant question but is that a death Buddha

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sokushinbutsu is the Japanese version of when bhuddist monks that practice "Eating Tree" go full self-mumification by eating nothing but pine needles and resin. By weaning off liquids, they apparently get dry and resinous enough to hold a pose far beyond their life. Some are even still sitting whole today. The practice was eventually banned as a form of euthenesia.

There are multiple kinds of fasting, but I like to assume both that statue and monks in BOTW are based on that.

E: vvv yeah most likely just fasting Buddha for the statue.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 21, 2020

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
That statue might be the Buddha fasting, I think. The monks in BotW are definitely inspired by the Japanese buddhist monks, though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
After playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors recently to get ready for Age of Calamity I have reached the opinion that the game has quite a few characters who are just flat out trash, I just really hate how slow Cia and King Boat are to do anything and it made getting their Lv 3 weapons each a nightmare.

By contrast the characters I play the most as are Volga, Zant and Toon Zelda, they just feel the right amount of strength and speed to me.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Judge Tesla posted:

After playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors recently to get ready for Age of Calamity I have reached the opinion that the game has quite a few characters who are just flat out trash, I just really hate how slow Cia and King Boat are to do anything and it made getting their Lv 3 weapons each a nightmare.

By contrast the characters I play the most as are Volga, Zant and Toon Zelda, they just feel the right amount of strength and speed to me.

How the heck are you playing Cia to think of her as bad? She's one of the best characters in the game for me- she can burst down large bosses' gauges in a single knockdown, her shockwave stomp levels forts, her bullets are surprisingly powerful and her weak point smash is incredibly good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cia I think does have a decent number of not amazing attacks, but her amazing ones are ridiculously strong and spammable.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man the blue flame quest for the ancient tech lab always manages to turn into tedious bullshit. It always starts off feeling not so bad, then I start getting into a death loop with some of the moblins, and before you know it I inevitably waste enough time that it starts raining. Raining with the weather indicating complete sunshine in this case, so who knows how long I have to wait.
:sigh:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Judge Tesla posted:

Cia and King Daphnes are some of the stronger characters in the game flat out. Cia is especially ridiculous with her C2 and C4 spam just wrecking pretty much anything and the KoRL is probably the second best water character after Marin.

The real characters that are complete rear end are Wind Waker Zelda, Deku Spear Lana, Tetra, Fire Rod Link and Great Fairy Link. Pretty much everyone else has at least some stuff going for them even if it ends up being spammy and unintuitive like Agitha's dodge-cancel beetle-summons.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Zore posted:

Cia and King Daphnes are some of the stronger characters in the game flat out. Cia is especially ridiculous with her C2 and C4 spam just wrecking pretty much anything and the KoRL is probably the second best water character after Marin.

The real characters that are complete rear end are Wind Waker Zelda, Deku Spear Lana, Tetra, Fire Rod Link and Great Fairy Link. Pretty much everyone else has at least some stuff going for them even if it ends up being spammy and unintuitive like Agitha's dodge-cancel beetle-summons.

Wait, Tetra is bad? I know fire rod has like one ok combo and while deku spear got buffed at some point it was still kinda trash and great fairy was more a joke weapon. But, I thought people here at least thought Tetra was good, she certainly carried me for a good while after I got her final weapon as I hunted down the rest, unless I'm mistaken and the ease you can get her final weapon was the reason people liked her.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I have completed worst links quest to the green marker and will be posting three wonderful updates. You may find this hard to believe but I only died twice I think. Will post tomorrow

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man the blue flame quest for the ancient tech lab always manages to turn into tedious bullshit. It always starts off feeling not so bad, then I start getting into a death loop with some of the moblins, and before you know it I inevitably waste enough time that it starts raining. Raining with the weather indicating complete sunshine in this case, so who knows how long I have to wait.

I found it tense but ok because I popped a high-speed elixir and just ran like Batman trying to get rid of a bomb.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 22, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I only died twice

You’re probably not playing correctly.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

The pro move for these is to ride a horse and ignore all the enemies

As long as you light up a few lamps along the way rain shouldn't hurt too much

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My problem is that I never have the horse with me and I run low on arrows and useful foods/elixirs halfway through since I just end up randomly starting it, then it feels like I should just push through since I'm already there.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zore posted:

Pretty much everyone else has at least some stuff going for them even if it ends up being spammy and unintuitive like Agitha's dodge-cancel beetle-summons.

Ha, I remember figuring this out for myself. It's dumb as hell, but it was pretty funny doing one attack string vaguely in the enemy's direction and then just peacing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Stunlocking enemies by dropping an endless string of golden beetles on their heads is what Agatha is all about. She can do a pretty decent job clearing out trash mobs with her butterfly summon that you can use immediately after combos. When the game first launched on WiiU people thought she was the worst character but she is fun, I think.

Zant is one of the oddest ones, I think. He also has a difficult-to-grasp gimmick but once you really get it and can time attacks so his meter is just shy of filling, you can do some serious damage.

He is still weird as hell though, just an all around strange design for a character and the reveal of his weirdness in Twilight Princess was kind of bad. He seemed scary throughout the game and then when you fight him he’s actually not at all.