Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope I can tap my Wario amiibo to get him as a buddy. No custom animations or anything, just stretch a Wario model into the Wolf Link skeleton and keep the animations as they are.

i want kirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

New Breath of the Wild art:

Zelda 1 manual art:

Anyone else think BOTW is a retelling of Zelda 1?

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

a.lo posted:

who knows what timeline it lands on

Phimosissy posted:

I thought it might be at first but I'm p sure that's been (vaguely) denied.

I really think the way you are given a wooden sword by a man in a cave in both games is a dead giveaway.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Phimosissy posted:

That's more an homage just by itself. Without further evidence of sameness. There are an awful lot of things that happen in many zelda games.

My theory is that there'll be some bard who uses the digital technology we see in BOTW to chronicle Link's journey, and that's what we know of as the LOZ cart. Like I fully expect someone to show you the old 8-bit sprite and be like "This is how the world will remember you."

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

youcallthatatwist posted:

also the old man in BOTW doesn't give you a sword, and isn't in a cave. his deisgn is just a reference. i would say all of the allusions are more to evoke the feeling of the original, and how unique it was at the time.

If you watch gameplay from the opening there's a stick placed directly in Link's path by the old man, and he's in a very small cave.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

It truly is.

This is exactly right. A the time, it was great. In comparison to all the other handhelds, other than the two really bad ones, it is bad. And yes, it was a console game, but it is effectively a handheld game now as all console games followed it's design while the next console game was OoT.

Yes. It's a not a good game now.

So stupid, deserves a ban!

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I am sort of sad we get another rad looking Zelda who appears to spend the entire game being useless and getting kidnapped. I mean she's Zelda, it's kind of in her job description, but still.

from the looks of that amiibo, shes actually gonna kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

I wonder what's going to happen if the Switch tanks, will Nintendo scramble to release something else to replace it or do the third party thing? I can't wait to see the hacking scene rip the thing open.

If it tanks the new nintendo system will be a phone between two joycon.