Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
It's Breath of the Wild 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Shiek: Link, I see you've discovered a new area. Should you want to return here, quickly, all you have to do is play this tune... *strums opening chords to Wish You Were Here*
Link: *clearing throat* Uh... Hey, listen... I really have to get going...

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If you want everything except the Master Sword statue, it's $99.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't think it's offensively bad but is Ganon the one saying the "100 years ago" line? If so I don't think the voice necessarily fits.

I assumed that was the King of Hyrule saying that. Later on I think he says something about "my daughter".

Anyways the voice acting is fine and you goons complaining won't notice anything after playing for an hour. Yet another thing to nitpick over because we can't play the game yet.

So glad someone brought up frame rates again. :allears:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If they didn't re-record the Deku Tree's voice actor's voice being projected through a wooden chamber, then they didn't live up to Peter Jackson's standards. :colbert:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I pre ordered just the game for Switch, have not preordered a Switch yet though. Kinda hoping it reappears on Amazon since that's where I preordered the game from. I'd rather not deal with any big box stores.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

El Burbo posted:

After listening to all the languages the trailer is in, I have decided that Latin Spanish is the best one and I wish I could play that one

You can! Again, the Switch has no region locking.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So is the voice acting only during cutscenes? Because it seems the NPCs are the same old grunts and other noises with on screen text for dialogue.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So is that blue and white flower going to play a big part in the game's plot? There was an odd close up of it in the latest trailer, its blue and white color scheme seems to play a prominent role in the color choice of scarves in Hyrule, and there's a flower in the actual logo of the game.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Link must help Ganon complete the Twelve Steps.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Harrow posted:

Yeah, not too sure why he's right-handed this time. I understand why they had to do that for Skyward Sword, but when you're controlling link with a normal controller, there's no reason he has to be right-handed. (I still don't really know why they had to mirror the Wii version of Twilight Princess--it's not like the sword swings were one-to-one there, you just flick the wiimote to swing, it's practically a replacement for a button press and didn't really require Link's sword arm to be on the same side of the player's body as the wiimote is. :shrug:)

I'm sure they wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of mirroring the entire game unless they tested it and it was weird for right handed people.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm thinking of selling my New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Edition to have money to go towards the Switch. Are these rare enough that I should make some decent cash back?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

pentyne posted:

With the game design bottles&fairies aren't nearly as necessary as they used to be when you can just munch down all the food you need to max out your hearts during the pause menu. I get the feeling that tons of the "expected" features of the franchise are being replaced or changed up to have completely different functions. Do we even know if magic is a feature in the game? It looks like the emphasis is on the liquid blue Sheikah Tech for all magic-like abilities but all that's been revealed are the various bomb runes, stasis, magnetic, and ice block runes. There have to be at least 6-7 more especially given that there are 100+ shrine mini-dungeons and I'd expect the puzzles for each to have enough variety that at least a dozen variations are present.

Magic Meter has been replaced by battery meter on your Sheikah Tablet and you have to scour Hyrule for power outlets. If you collect 50 Sheikah charging adapters you can upgrade to a 6 ft charging cable.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
OK Zelda freaks, I'm selling my New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Edition + LBW + NSMB2 + Majora's Mask (download, no NNID) + Link's Awakening (download, no NNID). It's on SA Mart:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805851

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah I don't know why anyone trusted those dates to begin with. Amazon is notorious for inserting made up placeholder dates. They still have 1-2 Switch launching on Dec 29.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Do we know whether any more Special Editions are going to show up on Amazon? I'm trying to figure out whether to go ahead and just reserve the regular version at GameStop or hold out for a possible Special Edition on Amazon.

Do you have Prime? If so, just preorder the regular version there and save $12. You could always "Switch" your preorder to a Master/Special edition if they get back in stock.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
You're the second person to ask. I don't know but personally I like this one better:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jo...si08aAlbi8P8HAQ

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
We're almost 3 weeks away from launch and this thread is a ghost town. I'm so desperately scouring the internet for everything Zelda related to get in the mindset that I came across this amazing piece of insanity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSruceDBjwM

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

pentyne posted:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/764174/Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-gold-Nintendo-Switch-sequel-news

I'm expecting that they release a new Switch only Zelda game within 18-24 months. Now that they have the game engine and a team experienced making a massive open world game they can easily put a Majora's Mask-like sequel together since all you need are new locations, new characters, new story, and then QA to make sure everything runs smoothly. Plus a BoTW follow-up by the same team with some unique twists would also probably prompt a second wave of mass Switch purchases as people who held off and kept their WiiUs just say gently caress it and buy for the new Zelda. Nintendo really, really needs the Switch to be a runaway success and if sales look weak 1 year in the internet will be full of bloggers proclaiming the death of the Nintendo console for all time.

Or maybe some Switch exclusive DLC, like "Travel to the Island of X and discover the mysterious Sheikah ruins" and you get a new decent sized map to roam in.

Honestly, they should just start a 3D-2D Zelda cycle every year or two on the Switch. I'd love to see what kind of interesting top-down games they could make in full HD.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If the Wii U didn't kill Nintendo's hardware business, nothing will.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I had a Game Informer subscription from like 98-01 or so. Used to look forward to those things every month. Also, I was like 13.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Remember when everyone lost their poo poo about Wind Waker being cel shaded? Has the Zelda fan community gotten over their hard-on for "realistic Zelda"?

As it is, I haven't played Wind Waker since like '03-'04 and it is the game I want to replay the most. I hope the HD version gets released on Switch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

jivjov posted:

Why not play it on Wii U?

Because I have never owned a Wii U, and I'm certainly not going to buy one now.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

What's the next Twilight Zone twist fans will apply to everything?

You wake up and everyone is ugly, but they think you look ugly!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

"If you're not careful, Link can get struck by lightning. During a storm, Link will want to unequip his metal weapons and items."

I'm not sure if that's clever or annoying as hell.

We've gone from holding your sword skyward so that it does get struck by lightning, to the exact opposite in the span of only one game!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Keiya posted:

Nah you wake up knocked out in a cave realizing that an old man took your wallet.

It is, indeed, dangerous to go alone.

As far as pronunciation goes, I just found out that other people pronounce Fi with a long I sound and not a long e sound. Fie sounds dumb. Fee is where it's at.

Also, I always pronounced Navi as "navy". Probably because I was like 13 when I played it and never thought about pronouncing it any other way.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tImX9-FEMhg

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Replaying OoT before BotW comes out, boy I sure hope the Great Deku Tree gets rid of all the "thee"s and "thou"s.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Well there weren't any in the trailer so...

Verily.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Yeah god I hate when a giant tree has characterisation

Yeah I remember when I thought saying poo poo like thee and thou and verily meant something had characterization. But then the semester ended and my 9th grade English class ended.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
You have to buy the ultimate edition and use your commemorative ocarina to blow Saria's song into the Switch's mic to unlock the green tunic.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Let's all get some imaginary owns in on Nintendo by making up some unfair things they could do to access decorative DLC.

Hey friend. We're doing that already. Join us.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

You have to use an amiibo, but a limited edition one that only that guy you hate across the street will be able to buy! He'll be walking around in the green tunic, like a real, classic gamer, while you throw your pro controller on the floor, dizzy from the bad framerate, and say "Nintendo is loving us again!"

Yep like that. But try to make it funny next time.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I named my character Switch in my replay of OoT I started on Friday. When everyone is saying "you must save us Switch!" I pretend that it's Nintendo employees saying it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Amppelix posted:

20 Buckerino for a hard mode, some new features and one (1) dungeon seems pretty steep. They'll have to make a pretty good argument to get me to spend this much on a small expansion when the game is already massive.

Also:

If its true that there are only 3 dungeons in the game, then 1 dungeon (plus other stuff) for $20 makes perfect sense.

Also I just wanna chime in and say Wolf Link sucks and was the worst part of Twilight Princess.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm not "defending" the DLC, but I don't see a problem with it. Maybe its because I've been out of touch with video gaming since very early on in the Xbox 360 days (other than playing Skyward Sword on Wii), but extra content is.......good? I'm happy that after my marathon session to beat BotW immediately after opening my brand new Nintendo Switch won't be the last time I enjoy new 3D Zelda content for the next 5-6 years. :shrug:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just FYI, there is a "Pro" mode available at launch that removes the mini map and the temperature & sound level indicators. It can just toggle on or off.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Aonuma was asked if they would be combining the console and handheld Zelda teams together and he said no, he likes how they approach games differently.

Then he was asked if the handheld Zelda team could be producing for the Switch, to which he said "Yes, there is definitely a possibility".

This is awesome news. If we just go back and forth from 2D to 3D Zelda games every year or two on the Switch, I will hand Nintendo all of my money.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Keiya posted:

Well... "Hey, we're working on some DLC, don't have anything to show yet because we're just getting started but we'll probably have something new to show at E3" would probably go over pretty well.

Yeah there would be no backlash like

"Why won't they tell us what's in the DLC?! It's probably just new skins!"

"Give us a release date! I need to know when this will release because of some stupid specific reason that only applies to me!"

"They won't even give us a price! Nintendo is ripping us off! I'm not wasting my money on some useless poo poo!" *Begins to throw something towards his large collection of 100+ amiibos, but thinks better of it*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just a reminder than we (and by we I mostly mean our parents) paid the equivalent of over $100 for the Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, and Link to the Past.