Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I unlocked the camera. I hope I'm not the only person who instantly dumped out my inventory to take pictures of everything. Also my only fairy, which flew away before I snapped it. Then I realised I should have let it out inside a house. Oh well, I will go visit the Clown Box again. Also looking forward to the beatings Link is going to get taking pictures of monsters.

Also also I am one of the people who got the game before the Switch.

Oh, and are you supposed to get one of those Blood Moon things the next night after you hear about them but it goes away really fast? Or is that just what they do, bring back the monsters and then gently caress off?

e: also this game loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I saved the Zoras. I hope all the Divine Beasts are that interesting. Dunno if I was supposed to do that one first, I did a lot of running and just barely scraped through the boss. Speaking of
Which, I didn't get a photo of it, can you get it in the compendium thing?

Also I think I'm gonna goof off and climb towers for a bit. Been exploring and I think I spotted the bird beast. And saw something really cool in Lake Hylia. I'm glad I managed to avoid basically any spoilers, there's a ton of neat things to find

Haven't played a 3D Zelda since Wind Waker, it feels very different but in a good way.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't think there's a real order to the beasts but I ended up doing that one first.

As for the compendium photo, yes you can get it elsewhere. Spoiler: at one of the labs you can purchase photos of monsters and items

good to know, thanks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I did the Bird Beast. Revali's whatever is amazing. Might have helped with my Towerstravaganza last night but oh well, that was still fun. I'm gonna break my rule and grab the season pass I think. I want everything this game has to offer.

Also I am a big dumbass, please can somebody give me the answer to the dueling peak stable quest for treasure?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Eriic posted:

If that is the quest for Misko's treasure: look at the river that forks south of the stable and follow the shorter one to its source in the south. If I recall correctly, the "Little Twin" is one of the name of one of the two bridges that cross near where the river forks.

From there you can explore a bit more to find the actual treasure. If you are still stuck: climb up the rocks where the waterfall is and look for a bombable cave entrance.

Oh, than kyou. Was never going to find that myself then, I assumed the Little Twin referred to the shorter mountain and was looking based on that

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My favourite Shrine so far was the one where you have to get the lightning to blow it open by sticking a metal thing on there.

Or one of those labyrinth ones, I laughed so much when I realised I could just fly up and walk on the walls.

Also I got Epona, she's great. Maybe all the horses can be, I haven't used them much

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I did the opposite once. I grabbed an apple off the floor right in front of Epona as she was going for it. I laughed and then felt like an rear end in a top hat.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also I've been avoiding Moblins all game because they look big and tough so it was very underwhelming to smack one and one-shot it. I laughed. But that time I did not feel like an rear end in a top hat.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Every so often when I'm playing this docked I will remember it is also handheld and be amazed for a while. The Switch really is a spiffy little machine. Now if the Joy-Cons supported headphones it would be brilliant.

Polo-Rican posted:

It would be fun to have some sort of Compendium Challenge, where people post their entire compendiums online and whoever has the best-photographed one is the winner. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to share that many in-game photos... maybe they could be mini-challenges, where it's stuff like "all species of lizalfos," "all fruit," "all shields," etc.

A few of my equipment compendium pics are daft selfies where it's picked up my shield or something. I like those.

Also I have to find that Giant Horse, I found out what he looks like and what he looks like is dope as heck.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow apparently you can use Rock Salt to hold down pressure plates? Gonna be trying that out.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The only reward you should need from Koroks is seeing the cute little fuckers. And Hestu's dance.

I like them more as a here's something to do while exploring than a thing to go and find.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I've done three beasts so far, still got the Gerudo one to do. Realised I actually find the ones with fewer options more interesting so far. elephant has like ten toggles but it's just one bit and there's sonly a few relevant positions. Bird has three but you've got essentially a massive ramp for a dungeon. Lizard just has the one but you rotate the entire dang thing and it kind of rules.

I want the DLC to involve them all combining voltron style and Link has to go find the missing fifth one to form the head. Also it is just a big-rear end Navi.

e: also I like how they all have a make animal noises function

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, that reminds me. Where do you find the Goron you need for that quest? I don't feel like trekking around Hyrule to find him.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Gorons really are the best. Yunobo sounds nothing like I expected Gorons to talk like, but it really fits him. Daruk is basically my default Goron voice but it would seem weird coming from Yunobo.

Xaris posted:

There's a little mining camp where there's some Gorons picking away. You should have past it on the way up Death Mountain, can't really miss it.

Oh, thanks. Will keep that link handy in case I hit another snag.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I guess the idea with Tarrey Town is you're supposed to have already met the people you recruit along the way. Because it was only that Goron I have had difficulty finding so far and that was because I was on a death march to death mountain when I passed his area. Pretty sure I just flew over that whole bit the first time.

Anyway, Tarrey Town is the best because it has three dogs. :3:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

my grandpa could beat up your grandpa

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I accidentally ran into the Giant Horse Zone today so I grabbed him. Nice and settled in the stable in case there is a quest. Also grabbed whitey and did that one too.

Anyway, I was poking round Hyrule Castle and I accidentally ran into Ganon. I'm not gonna miss anything if I manage to give him the business now am I? Still got a beast to go although I've had a preview of that boss now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

No, the game autosaves you at a point just outside Ganon's door, and puts a star on that save if you beat him. The world is the same as you left it, though I think a couple of side quests open up. (Can you get the monster medallions before beating Ganon?)

Will give him a go then, thanks. It's the sort of thing I want to do hooked up to the TV anyway.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There are two things I would really like in this game. First, a shield that is just a big gently caress-off slab of metal. Second, Magnesis you can use on a metal thing you are standing on. I just wanna fly around like an rear end in a top hat.

While we're at it, Cryosis usable on enemies, you turn the water in them into ice. And, let's see, a banana bomb like in Worms, and the camera should be able to slow time. Ridiculous upgrades to every rune. Amiibos just summon whatever it is to the game. Yarn Yoshis, Kirbys, whatever.

Seriously though, a big-rear end metal shield. Just rip one of those doors off the hinges and stick it in Link's backpack.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I beat Ganon. Cool stuff but I think the first fight felt more satisfying. Twatting the bad guy in the head with a sword just feels better than shooting the giant monster in his rear end. Still both good though and as a spectacle, the second fight ruled. Had to stop to take a selfie with the bow though. I dunno how you'd manage the first fight without the Master Sword and a bunch of good shields though.. Oh, and I like that the way the auto-save works you get to keep all the stuff you used in the battle. Link was very full of fruit by the end.

Had a good explore of the castle too. I've got quite a few nice things from the adventuring but it is still pretty challenging in bits. I can see how you could pull it off early on though. I like that there's even Koroks hanging around. Those little dudes get everywhere. Thought I was in trouble at one point because everything started going all Blood Moon but then it was merciful and delayed it. I'm calling bullshit on the thunderstorm outside though. Stupid metal Master Sword. Oh, and the map sucks rear end. That 3D malarkey just does not work.

Anyway, there's a big machine in the desert that still needs sorting and some baddies who stole a helmet who need to be taught a lesson so I will revisit later on.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lemming posted:

This is its primary function, how can it be a waste

the sword of treevil's bane

e: or blade or whatever, I forget. the sword that seals the barkness

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Did the Yiga thing last night. Got annoyed at the stealth section but thinkinh about it today I think that might have been strongly influenced by me just not being in the mood for sneaking. After a couple of tries I just broke out the Ancient Arrows and shot them all.

On the Beast now. This one is pretty interesting so far. Three separate bits is pretty cool and I've liked the messing with electricity parts in shrines up to now. Plus I know how to do the boss since I had a preview in the castle.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I had the best boomerang duel with a Lizalfos ever. Managed to get him twice with one throw, hit him again, caught his and mine together and threw his back in his dumb face. This game is pretty fun.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I accidentally found out you can drop bombs while gliding.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that you can just bribe a horse with an armful of apples to get it to love you. On a related note, I love that you can give your horse anime hair.

Also I found out that electric Wizrobes can't do anything to you if you have the Thunder Helm on. That was fun.

Just got one more Memory to find now. It's a thing I decided early on that I would not look any part of it up. Thank goodness for the painter guy though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's fun doing that lightning spin at the bottom of the coliseum and then climbing up wondering why you keep running into piles of loot and weapons rather than enemies

Is there anything actually in there or is it just a place to fight bad guys

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Only the Lynel and the various weapons the enemies have.

Thanks. That's odd though, its just the sort of thing you'd expect to find a shrine or something.Oh well.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Piss Christ, apparently you need 23 on this horse torture mini game for the Bridle. Oh well, out of charge, will try again later. Pretty Pony Dressup will be completed

At least I found the trick, which is use an Ancient Bow and Bomb Arrows. gently caress you, horse man, you said twenty and that's what I did.

Oh, also can I get a general area of where the shrine you apparently need a blood moon for is? Thanks

E:oh and maybe a clue for the one you have to take pics of the tablet for, I found the bits but have no idea what to do now. Thanks again

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The shrine you seek is kind of near a bridge across the canyon, and you can find Kass nearby. The trick to to side quest you're stuck on is that it's taking about kneeling, but the game has no kneel button, so you'll have to so the next closest thing.

Is that vague enough?

Oh yes, perfect. Thank you. Will have an experiment later

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Spergatory posted:

The new map feature is Hero's Path and it's absolutely coming out this Friday.

I am looking forward to seeing just how much wandering around like a prick I actually do. It feels like a lot.

Earwicker posted:

the first DLC has the new hard mode which definitely affects the whole map. Hopefully don't have to start a new game for it..

From what I heard I think hard mode is a separate save file unfortunately. Seems like the sort of thing that would be fun in short bursts but not a whole game of it but oh well.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My first horse was spotty and blue and he is called Blue. Epona is Epona, Giant Horse is Jasper, Royal Horse is Shadow.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hero's Path is cool. It confirmed my suspicion that I am unable to go in straight lines in this game. And that I fast travel a lot. Also there's a bit where it draws a line repeatedly and it took me a while to work out it was me doing the horse archery thing.

And it looks pretty neat in that I can see where I haven't been without spoiling what might be there. I've got some great big gaps all over the place and now I can tell which mountains I have climbed before climbing them to check.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wish there was an option to have those floating platforms in normal mode. They sound fun but Master Mode is entirely not my sort of thing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wish there was a musical instrument in this game. That's the Zeldaiest thing missing I think. Hestu should share his maracas.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hope the DLC has more display space but I'm not counting on it. Maybe a little caravan-size Divine Beast you can travel in and store stuff. Hell, just have Tom Nook arrive in Hyrule and let Link get into huge debt expanding the house.

I was storing the three Champion weapons in the melee slots but I switched to each of the Great elemental swords because they all start charging when you walk in the door and you get a neat light display and also they look cool. Works with the spears and little swords and wands too, but big is best.

e: also give us picture frames to display photos of monsters being goofy

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The DLC should let you fly into space on Medoh and fight Meteor Taluses and then Revali could say Falco things while you collect a thousand star fragments and then you could meet Link's Dad who is just Link with sunglasses after you fight Ganon's giant brain and oh dear I got a bit carried away there

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Little Bastards That Punch Link in the Dick.

Anyway, trials done gently caress that was stressful. Middle were the hardest. Last room was fun. Ancient Arrow for Lynel, climb tower, break turret, rain bomb arrows down on the fuckers below. Just wish I knew it was the last, kept back some resources just in case.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thunderblight was really obvious to me because I fought him in a one-boss rush by accident in the castle and the pillars are way more obviously the answer in there.

The google one was Fireblight for me. I just never thought of bombs even though I'd been doing in Octoroks that way for ages.

Waterblight definitely felt the strongest though. I think that was mainly because he was the first to be honest, Probably wouldn't have beaten him without the OP amiibo boomerang I lucked into.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I found the Hebra Leviathan at last. Glad I refused to look it up, it was well worth the wait. Turns out the secret was to draw a cock and balls on the map with Hero's Path

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I haven't found the bike yet but I did the plateau bit and got the super horse armour. It's a shame Epona is too hoity-toity to wear it though, she can sit at home while Link has a fun teleporter horse buddy.

Also I like that the Fork It Button smashes the gently caress out of trees too. And that the damage rating is just an infinity symbol.