Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Hedrigall posted:

Here, watch the right-hand slope of the volcano as Link runs towards the camera from 12:03 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar1t_L2wBk

(in the highest res possible, obviously)

At first I thought it was just another mountain peak but then I spotted the actual legs moving (i think), very nice catch that's awesome. I am SOOO pumped to play this, but i also cant wait until a year or so after its release to see how people figure out how to speed run this beast.

Did anyone else notice the master chest?

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I have a friend who loves zelda, he even introduced me to it with Majoras Mask many terrifying moons ago, but he thinks the new game looks boring. He and everyone who says that must just be objectively dumb right? Like you do realize how impressive it is that they can keep us engaged with new and amazing content for hours and hours WITHOUT even touching on the traditional zelda temple/story stuff right?? This isnt a lacking Zelda game, its a new zelda game + skyrim with link. Skyrim + Zelda, not Zelda without temples.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Zcyzo3w54

You can use both the heads and arms from Stals as weapons.

I hope they change his running animation a bit, he looks like luigi in smash bros waddle/dashing awkwardly. Also he seems to run really hard and yet barely go faster than normal walking pace, it comes off strange. Good thing they have so long to refine poo poo like that. (they wont :()

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Disposable items already doesn't sound encouraging. That really annoyed me in Skyward Sword.

It doesn't look like there will be a problem of being in short supply, it seems more like the mechanic only exists to encourage/force combat diversity within the ample supply of weapons scattered about. I love having a variety of options in my games so this is all good news to me; Its a big part of why Majoras Mask is my favorite Zelda.

E: yes, as in "good" V

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 17, 2016

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

inevitable controller gimmick

If they just give me a normal god drat controller ONCE this decade I will be happy.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure I saw one of the commentator players climb the ruins near the very start of the game. So yeah, confirmed climbable buildings.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

You guys seen this yet? I haven't seen it posted here at least: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/18/e3-2016-the-legend-of-zelda-e3-demo-contains-coded-messages

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

ijyt posted:

What does avatar have to do with zelda

It'd be cool if somewhere out in this big open world you could find an ancient monument honoring all of the previous Heroes of Time like the Avatar temple thing.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

The 100% speedruns of this game are going to be so fun to watch. Can't wait to see how they break it.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'd like to see the any%'s honestly if Aonuma's statement of being able to beat the game right out of the starting cave is accurate.

I didn't see the statement but my guess is that the end-game will be technically accessible but Link will be woefully unprepared making it near impossible to do immediately. I only guess this because the alternative seems like a poor game design choice. I hope I'm right since obviously the any% runs will brute force their way through the end game right away anyways which is gonna be fun.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

MM is fantastic, SS is the worst console Zelda ever made. These are the facts, sorry folks.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Majora's Mask was the only time swimming controls have been done well in the entire history of videogames, the 3DS version loving that up should be some kind of crime tbh

Did the 3DS dumb it down or something? I dont get people complaining that the time constraint makes it too hard. You can permanently slow down time to half speed, and even without that 3 days is plenty of time to get through a single temple.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

You should think of it less as 900 things they thought would be a great addition to the game and just HAD to include, and more of 900 things they just slapped on top of an already completed game because they had time and resources left over.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Just occurred to me that my previous comment about 100% speed runs will include 900 loving koroks. Jesus Christ

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress I didn't want to have to buy a switch!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I have no idea why nintendo insists on forcing gimmicks into places they don't belong. If motion controls work then yeah go for it. But if they don't then they only hurt the game. But they wont. loving. let. it. go. I'm pretty salty about SS. I liked TP because all you had to do was shake the wiimote. Nothing precise.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Has anyone in the entire world 100%'d this game yet? If so, has anyone routed a 100% speed run yet? Cant wait to watch that for 18 hours straight

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, all of the dungeon bosses are really lame. I feel like they designed them to look like something out of Dark Souls but they all look way too similar and they mash together and are ultimately forgettable. The fights themselves are fun but I can't recall which boss goes where and I think I only recall what two of them look like.

My biggest complaint was the doing away with the old zelda tradition of giving you the required goods to beat the boss with in pots near the boss door. The water temple boss was very frustrating because I had run out of arrows (since everything before him requires you to use a poo poo ton of arrows!). So the options I'm left with are retreat entirely, which feels bad as a player, or struggle frustratingly to figure out some gimmick kill. I don't think its good design to corner the player into one of those two options with no warning or outs. That said, I still love the hell out of the game as a whole.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

No spoilers, but for the A Fragmented Monument shrine quest, can you figure out the solution with just what's around the area? Or are you expected to come back later after another quest or something?

If that's the one I'm thinking of on the beach, you can do it with your own supplies and in that general region.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

canoshiz posted:

Regarding unconventional puzzle solutions

There's a shrine where you have to use the game-pad to tilt a gyroscope maze to lead a ball through it and out the exit onto a platform. I immediately tilted the wrong way and over corrected so hard that I flung the ball into the air and it landed right on the exit platform.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

BOTW is one of the best games of any genre I've ever played. The only things I'd want are more fine tuning of physics and puzzle mechanics, larger old-school dungeons, and more options (register a bear as a steed, more house customization, etc), basically just flesh out the aspects of the game that seem basic and rushed. Otherwise, this game rules.

Oh and slipping when it rains, fine, but make it way less punishing. I don't need to slide down 30 feet every 2 seconds.

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel compelled to take pretty pictures of every enemy because I find it fun.

I loving love the pokedex feature

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

To be honest it's not nearly as bad with the "climb 5, jump, then slip" method of dealing with it, but the fact that you have to resort to that sort of trickery instead of implementing it as "you climb slower/jump less far" or "climbing/jumping uses more stamina in the rain" was a horrible decision, agreed

I climb 6 then jump ;)

Some of us are serious gamers, please.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Holy poo poo Divine Beast Medoh is easy as hell. Did the whole temple + boss within like maybe half an hourish?

comingafteryouall posted:

How did nobody tell me about Lynels?

You can mount them and stab them in the back repeatedly.

What?!?!??!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Wouldnt an entire day need to cycle before another bloodmoon is even eligible to happen? Or did it just trigger the one instance of it over and over during the same night?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Oh I hadn't heard about that. Just imagine how much it would suck if the cut-scene was unskippable though!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

You missed one, pal. There are technically five, and the fifth is the one that doesn't do gear upgrades.

What makes it "technically 5" and not just 5? Ive put a lot of hours in and its blowing my mind that there's a 5th one out there somewhere.

El Burbo posted:

It's the first one I found!

Wait, even before Kakariko???

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

How does the master sword recharge?

Just wait 10 minutes. You don't have to do anything to recharge it.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

Any Stalhorse fanciers might like to know that they spawn at the Ranch Ruins as well.

Though stables still won't register them.

That is so dumb. Not being able to register them just seems like a deliberate attempt to ruin fun. Why would someone make that decision??

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Ok this game has not been hard but the fact that getting caught in the Yiga Clan Hideout is guaranteed death is kinda bullshit. That's a little too unforgiving.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

What do you mean run away? The door slams shut.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I'm glad there's a bajillion Koroks to find. I genuinely enjoy just the movement mechanics of the game. The climbing and paragliding are fun and exploring every nook and cranny. Seeing every square foot of the map is something I'd want to do regardless, so for people like me being rewarded for it on the way is just a nice bonus.

Also what are you guys talking about with picking weapon slots and stuff? And its somehow related to koroks? I haven't seen any sign of anything like that, do you get prompts or do you have to talk to a specific character to get the slots or what?

Oh speaking of specific characters, it was a really bizarre decision to make it so that you have to find and talk to just one specific character in the entire world who will equip your fancy saddles for you. Why not just let link do it himself? That seemed real dumb. "Here's a reward you can't do anything with until you find and talk to 1 (ONE) person in the whole world! Enjoy!"

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 25, 2017

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

El Burbo posted:

The korok seeds exist to upgrade your inventory space. Go to the dueling peaks stable and follow the path to kakariko and you will find out how to do it

The fact that I have played this long with the minimum slots has been annoying, but knowing I didn't have to is way worse. Wished whoever it is I needed to talk to or whatever was more obvious...

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I think I ended up coming into town from behind. Open world rules but that shouldn't be the difference between playing the entire game with more or less item slots. Fantastic game but needs some real polishing on details like that.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

So what are the highest yield recipes I can cheese the game with?

Any meat + any plant with the word "hearty" in it always gives a minimum of full health + 1 temp. But usually gives at least + 3 or more. Got a + 6 once or twice I think even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

The meat is unnecessary. Any hearty item when cooked, even by itself, will always result in a full heal due to the way temp hearts work. So if you just want a full heal, a single truffle thrown into a pot will give you that. The only stuff you should add would be items that give more temp hearts to improve the potency of the dish.

I'm just going to stop posting I don't know anything about anything haha.