Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've 100% every game except Minish Cap's kinstone fusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope the U version is fine like I figure it will be cause I'm sure not gonna get a Switch for a year or two.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

If you root a 3DS, you can download games from Nintendo for free. They kind of goofed it.

I'm glad I have money now and am not a poor kid 'cause that's crazy. Is there a digital pre-order thru the eshop + preload? I haven't really tried doing that before on the Wii U so I wasn't sure if there was a preorder/load.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does the eshop still not have this up? I just wanna give Nintendo my money so it's ready when I maybe call into work tomorrow.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

eonwe posted:

this is going to be a long goddamn day at work

My work day is going by quickly and I hope your's does too, friend.

Should I play with my Wii U tablet or Pro controller w/ the gyro aiming being available?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Where's the Old Man's house?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I accidentally made the ball go flying and it landed in the right place somehow.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I tried a round bomb, no dice

I'm thinking maybe it has something to to with the round artifact next to Impa in Kakariko but I dunno how to get that.

It has to be that, but I couldn't magnet it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a "best" place to go out of the four? I went to the Desert and got my rear end kicked my lizalfos

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

First dungeon down!
After playing practically 2 full days nonstop

Same here, was pretty cool.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a good place to farm Hightail lizards? I need a bunch to upgrade the climbing gear more.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

You can just glide over to his belly and grab the orb then run like hell instead of trying to get him down with lovely weapons.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Admittedly I tried climbing his ballsack, but how could you grab the ball and get away from him without waking him up??

He woke up after I jumped off him but he stopped aggroing me after I put the orb in and floated off.

Definitely don't sell or use lizards cause now I need them and can't find any Hightails. Looks like I need to kill Lynels for the Berserker armor :(.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The last thing I did today was completely skip the maze at the NE corner of the map by climbing over because gently caress mazes. Did I miss anything besides random chests by doing that?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Where do you get the other pieces of Zora armor?

You get the chest from the main quest, the head from a lake to the north of Zora's Domain - use your magnet.. You can get the pants (I think) from a quest to take a pic of a Lynel that you get from a Zora in the Domain.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

If I missed a picture of a boss is it possible to get that slot filled in the compendium? If not I'll save obsessively documenting all of hyrule's enemies and items for another playthrough

I can't confirm right now, but you should be able to buy the pic from the lab, unless bosses are excluded from that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Bruceski posted:

People in relationships with mermaids? Totally normal nautical folklore, even made a Disney movie out of it. But make it a reverse-mermaid and everyone loses their minds.

The exploration in this game really highlights the issue I've always had with Wind Waker despite people raving about it. That game was a flat ocean with one island and one mapfish to find per square. Maybe a submarine or something to spice it up. But still the travel was a chore with occasional sharks so you couldn't just wander off for a sandwich. In this game, though? It's constant obstacle courses of my own design, things to grab (but not things I NEED to grab so I don't need to scour for every last sunshroom) and interesting stuff to see.

I thought the letter Zora quest was creepy cause she at least looks like a child and the human is at least a grown teenager.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm really curious what the Hard mode is going to be once that comes out, cause I'm 30 hours in and still am having a heck of a time w/ 10 hearts. I finished getting all the towers last night, and think I'll go for the memories I haven't found yet next before going to the NW Beast or back to the desert to finish that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Rito area has no lead up to the dungeon and that's kinda weird to me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Maybe if you don't suck at shooting arrows :colbert:

And I just finished it. Seemed extremely short?? I liked the Zora better.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I think it would completely ruin the atmosphere of the game if we had the field music DA DAHHH DA NA NA NA NAAAA blaring at all times. The music is incredibly well done in this game, the few piano notes here and there with all the ambient sounds make the game immersive as heck :3: The times when there is music, like the towns and such are always great too.

It's a different type of experience than Wind Waker, OoT etc. and I think the music (and use of it) in this game is fantastic. And I'm saying that as someone who loves the Wind Waker soundtrack to death.

Yeah, the music like Rito's mix of Wind Waker's and original stuff or the Zora classic music make the rest being ambient great.

I got the Master Sword today and the way it actually drains your hearts is real real cool. Getting the rest of the memories next I think.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm not gonna somehow stumble across Ganon if I wanna explore a bit of the castle for some quests/items, right?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just wanted to stop by and say gently caress the stealth mission in the hideout.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've become a master at killing Lynels of all types due to farming them for berserker upgrades, but still somehow have trouble with any Lizalfos except for the normal ones around Zora's.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

End game: The last boss sucked. The first phase was fine, and it was cool you had to parry the lazer, but the horse phase was bleh. It'd be cool if the DLC had you rebuilding some of hyrule or something. I'm gonna take a break from the game for a while, then finish up the sidequests and shrines that I haven't done yet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't think the Link's Awakening remake should be 60 bucks but I'm still gonna buy it because I've bought ever version of LA that's ever been made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

sigher posted:

Tunic recently added a toggle to turn down the difficulty and god bless because the game is so much better without having to do the whole "git gud" bullshit games constantly do now because Dark Souls made it a thing.

Also, go into Tunic completely blind and don't look things up. All of the fun in the game is figuring out the mechanics and piecing stuff together. It's a giant puzzle title.

I might have to return to it then. I love difficult games but I found the combat more annoying than challenging. I loved just about everything else about the game though.