Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
My least favorite thing about Link Between Worlds is that you only hear Yuga Battle once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

jivjov posted:

Oh and do yourself a favor and look up how to get The Light Arrows. One of the few permanently missable things in all of zelda.

Was there ever a resolution to the Farore/Din/Nayru looking for a house quests? There were always a couple kinstones I just couldn't do.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's fantastic. If you liked LttP, you'll probably enjoy it. I can't really remember much about the dungeons, but they put a lot of focus on wall walking.

It really is this good. There were a couple places where I just lucked into some of the puzzle solutions, though, and after I got them, I realized that if I hadn't accidentally tripped over the right answer, I would've been really fuckin' angry at the dungeon design if I read how to do it in a guide. The analogue dungeon to the LttP's Dark Palace really stands out in my mind as somewhere that would've been frustrating if I hadn't accidentally done it correctly the first time.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

greatn posted:

The combat in Zelda 2 is great. The controls are responsive and increasing your skill level is rewarding.

i think my main problem with zelda 2, then, was that my skill level never increased

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
The aesthetic clash, I think. It's like adding hi-fi Yoshi sounds to a pixel-perfect port of the original SNES cart... which I think they did, and I think people complained about as well? :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gorgolflox posted:

Bug Net + Bottles + Fairies

This, except replace bug net + fairies with red potion (or blue potion)

Speaking of which, since you're at the Thieves' Hideout, you should be able to get the Warp Duck. He can drop you off in front of the potion witch's house, I think, and once you get her the toadstool, you can always talk to her assistant (outside?) for a "free sample" of the potion, which is a great way to refill at the beginning of a session.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bean posted:

I'm still going to be bone crunchingly mad at this game for four more dungeons though, I can feel it.

Go for the Ice Dungeon next, it has the half-damage armor.

Actually, I think you can do it as soon as you have the Fire Rod (or Ether) :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

spit on my clit posted:

yeah if only we had a zelda that didn't do that...they should bring that Shiek guy back, he was cool

shiek had a great rear end. esp for a guy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nickoten posted:

Kinda like that one game, I think it was called "That Dragon, Cancer"?

that wasn't a japanese game, or possibly even a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What's to stop Link from binge-eating his hearts up in the pause menu every time he takes damage?

heart disease