Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Man, Zelda II was awesome. I'm going to have to replay that soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've decided to play all the Zelda games in order. I've never played the original Zelda for NES, somehow. Man is it hard. Gonna try to power through it (maybe grab a walkthrough?), because Zelda II is one of my favorite games ever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah, I've played Zelda II so many times I can do it by memory. The overworld in Zelda I just seems so vast and confusing if you've never played it before. I've just been wandering around and dying a lot. I've managed to find two heart containers and get the White Sword so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

greatn posted:

The sacred water thing is so amazing. How many millions of times have people played through wind waker and no one ever knew?

What is the sacred water thing?

Edit: Nvm, I missed it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Majora's Mask, hands down.

Edit: The Fierce Deity Mask basically turns you into a God. You are practically invincible with it.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 6, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I started my quest to play every Zelda game in order last week. I just finished Zelda I for NES last night.

All I have to say is, no wonder I never got far as a kid. I don't know how anyone could possibly beat that game without a guide. It was fun though, and decently challenging. The last dungeon was pretty tough, even though Ganon was a chump. On to Zelda II, one of my favorite games ever!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Phimosissy posted:

Game looks amazing to me.

Same here. I don't get all the whining.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Jabu Jabu is a dumpster fire though.

God, I just had a flashback of that stupid fish dungeon. Carrying the little fish girl and falling down a level over and over. Please, no.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the amiibos for the Switch or WiiU? Do they do anything? I know nothing about amiibos. Someone enlighten me please.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do any of the amiibos give you something in-game you can't get without them?

Like do you have a wolf in-game if you don't have the TP amiibo?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 13, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zelda, Zelda II, OoT, and Majoras Mask. Maybe Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword? I don't remember.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That MM fishing just blew my loving mind until I realized that it was only on the 3DS version. I was wondering how I could have no idea that existed even though I beat the game countless times on N64.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gorgolflox posted:

I'm kinda worried about this too. If there are only four big dungeons and they are inside the giant robot animals I hope the insides aren't all the same.

I hope they don't take out Heart Pieces, if they do what other collectable items will we be searching for in the wild? Bugs, Poes, Shrines, and Korok?

bring back Tingle to sell me the maps please

Those are Tingle's magic words. Don't steal them!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I read somewhere that one Amiibo gives a small amount of food, one gives a small amount of resources, etc
The wolf one seems like the only one that makes a real difference.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You guys realize you don't HAVE to start hard mode the day the DLC releases right? Like you can buy it and then start hard mode a month later, or whenever you actually beat the game.

If you don't like the option, don't buy it. There's no reason to get upset over it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MokBa posted:

Well now I'm gonna be turning off the in-game music and turning on RTJ so thanks for the idea!

The Nintendo Switch does not support mods of any kind and you will be reported immediately.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I could not possibly get any more hyper for this game. Holy poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

drat, I want that but I cannot possibly justify spending $80 on a guide.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can't someone just post a link :haw: to the spoilers here with sufficient spoiler tags?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did rolling increase speed in OoT, or was it a placebo? I remember rolling non-stop every second I played that game, because it definitely felt faster than running.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is anyone ordering that Special Edition from Dell? I'd like to, but I'm worried it's the pictured Wii U version, rather than the stated Switch version.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Speaking of songs... do we know what instrument link uses in this game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

spasticColon posted:

Welp I'm now considering getting just the Switch and the game so it's under $400 and just deal with the lovely joycons not syncing half the time but I can't even find the system for sale online anywhere. Is the Switch already that popular or is the initial shipment of units a very low number?

Your choices are:

A) Pay an inflated price for a Switch on Ebay

B) Wait until they are in stock

Enjoy!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What do you mean by sold early?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would honestly go buy this game for WiiU today if I could, even though I have a switch coming Friday.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Has anyone actually been charged for their pre-order yet? I figured I would have by now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Play OoT and MM

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Gamestop still hasn't charged me for my order.

Same. I'm pretty sure they aren't shipping until Friday though, so you will probably get charged then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please ship my Nintendo Switch and Zelda game Amazon. I'm tired of F5ing...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is legitimately the most excited I have been for a video game since Nintendo 64. Maybe ever.

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Walrus posted:

- speaking of running, the time to deplete stamina is very very low, making running around an annoying minigame of letting go of A every two and a half seconds. Not sure if there's going to be a way to upgrade this - haven't seen a skills menu or whatever that would indicate this is possible. There are stamina boosting foods but that will never be a permanent solution.

Don't you get a choice to upgrade your health or stamina after each shrine you complete? That, along with the stamina boosting foods, should make this a non issue fairly quickly, no?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ymgve posted:

One thing I'm a bit worried about is open-world fatigue - with such a large game, I might just never get around to actually finish it.

Normally I would agree with you, but since this is a Zelda game, I don't think I'll have any issues completing a 100% run.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bef posted:

Yeah its really weird they don't have their biggest game for sale rn...what kind of business logic is that, losing your largest profit margin

I mean, is there a single person who is going to say "I can't buy the game before it's released? Now I'm NEVER buying it!"

The answer is no.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bef posted:

But they will go and get whatever physical copy there is instead

You can't get a physical copy of a game that isn't released yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You either physically buy it when it's released, or you buy it digitally when it's released.

Alternatively, you may have pre-ordered it from one of the many retailers that offer this service.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I live a half hour from an Amazon Fulfillment Center, is there any chance I get my Switch today if it was shipped this morning?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ITS MOTHERFUCKING ZELDA DAY BITCHES

I can't wait for my Switch to arrive! :):)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Keiya posted:

Mine hasn't even shipped yet and it's supposed to arrive today.

Is this through Amazon? It says I will get mine today and it hasn't shipped either. I do live less than an hour from an Amazon Fulfillment Center, so I'm hoping that's why.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What can you buy with cash?

Basically I just want to hear more about this game please, feel free to tell me anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It is now 2:46 PM.

My Amazon order still shows "Arriving by 8pm today" even though it hasn't shipped yet.

:ohdear: