Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Crosspostin' this from the e3 thread, not sure why I didn't think there was a zelda thread lol:

Link opens chests when he's not directly in front of it by kicking it

and if he's not wearing shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
DLC is good, I hope we get it for Zelda

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

DLC can be good. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

All Nintendo DLC is good

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HighwireAct posted:

I think Breath of the Wild is the perfect illustration of the age-old gamedev adage that ideas are worthless and execution is everything. None of its mechanics are particularly innovative individually, but the way Nintendo synthesized them, and the absurd level of polish and passion they put into them, elevate the game head-and-shoulders above most other open-world titles.

:agreed:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Charlie Bobson posted:

the game isn't even out yet

Yeah so it's nice that Nintendo showed a lot of people actually playing the game instead of just lovely trailers so we can get a sense of what the game is actually like

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm getting it on the NX because I want some of the other launch titles too, like Metroid VR.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

oh if the NX is a dumb oculus rift type system then im just not gonna get anything.

You say that, and yet here you are, posting from inside Nintendo's Forums Simulator game

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

greatn posted:

I'm guessing the resolution and draw distance will be somewhat different on NX but the framerate will remain largely the same, because developers tend to prioritize the two former over the latter.

Nintendo has been making FPS a priority in their games recently, so I wouldn't be so quick to say that.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
NX is going to be an AI they transferred Iwata into before he died, and I'm looking forward to playing Zelda with him.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
From all accounts I've seen the chugging was an artifact of the stream and not the demo itself. I haven't seen anyone who's played the game said the framerate was dropping much.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

What did the wii u tablet do for the E3 demo? Was it just for inventory management or did it do something else?

It listed the controls :D

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Heh, I didn't even think about fishing.

Guess one way you can fish

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to get brutally killed at Skull Lake

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

A closer look at the thing on Death Mountain

cthulhu fhtagn

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want this game to be out T______T

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Holy gently caress lmao

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rime posted:

I guess this confirms there's literally nothing you can't climb as long as you have the stamina. Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

There are some smooth walls you specifically can't, but I think those are largely confined to the shrines from what we know at this point

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm going to create a launch pad to outer space on Skull Lake

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Please capture this footage.

I will, but I'll be taking it with me, to outer space

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's probably because it didn't have major publicity until it was actually done and out the door.

If you're only peripherally aware of Metroid fandom you'd have known about it for years

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I like voice acting because I have the imagination of a stone and can't make my own voices for characters in my head

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Skyward Sword's gameplay was the best but the world was pretty lame. The Navi also wasn't very good but it has GROOSE BABY WOO FUCJ YEAH GROOSE!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
God drat, I can't believe I'm going to be playing this game on my Switch in less than a month and a half

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

me neither because I'll be playing it on my Wii U in a month and a half

Seems like a mistake. I'm going to start playing while I'm driving home from the store.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

please don't switch and drive

It's cool, I'll put the screen in my GPS holder and hold the JoyCons and the steering wheel at the same time

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

DalaranJ posted:

It's too dangerous to do two different types of activities at once. Please only do this with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I'm using tilt controls!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I thought it was really cool that they brought all the context sensitive moves from WW and put them into TP so you could do them whenever, I think it added a lot to the combat system

I did not like that all the enemies were drooling morons and could never kill you in a million years, rendering the improved combat pointless

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I got two questions

This game out yet

What's in skull lake

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nice

You just moved to the top of my list

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

breath of the wild is going to be bad because link's hair isn't pink.

If you burn your eyes with a flashlight in the right spot and always look at the same part of Link so the afterimage lines up on his head you could make his hair look pink to you

If you're a true, dedicated fan, you would

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
TP had the best Navi and I am willing to fight about it

I know what you're thinking about posting, guy, but Tatl is lame!!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Groose had better be in this fukkin game

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Phimosissy posted:

You have to enter your name as GROOSE

There are other options...?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Nintendo has a good track record of making non ripoff dlc so I think this dlc will end up being good.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Just FYI, there is a "Pro" mode available at launch that removes the mini map and the temperature & sound level indicators. It can just toggle on or off.

Minimal HUD is my jam

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ronnie posted:

It was really nice of them to announce the DLC just a few weeks before release. Totally not a deliberate move.

EDIT - oh also do not show this added content. Definetly a transparent business decision.

This post is baffling to me on several levels

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

Couldn't you take this as a good sign that they didn't start working on the DLC until the main game was complete?

No, because he's looking for reasons to be aggrieved

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Crawfish posted:

I assume that the general response to this is people feeling somewhere between okay with this and a little annoyed with this but still looking at picking it up, with a few outliers thinking this is the very worst thing ever or thinking this is in no way a potentially poo poo move and that anyone that has any negative opinion over this is just whining.

It'll probably be fine, and I am looking forward to taking dumb tourist screenshots with Link in the Switch shirt across Hyrule, but this was handled in possibly the worst way it could have been with the gaming community customer base being how it is.

There's no "good" time to announce this sort of thing because people will always find a way to get pissed off about it, because that's how "gamers" are. They're the kind of people who look for a reason to be mad rather than having a concrete set of wants/needs and then evaluating from there.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

tsob posted:

That's not "gamers", that's just people in general. You'll find the same kind of thought in fans of anything, from music to parachuting. Not all of them of course, but that mix of pessimism and hyperbolic anger exists across the spectrum, not just in one group. It's more pronounced in some groups, but that's almost certainly because those groups are bigger and more visible, not because its exclusive to or even really any more prominent in those groups.

Yeah, true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

"Everybody does it" isn't a very good argument.

Like yes every major company wants to maximize profit, that's true, it doesn't make it good though!

I agree that capitalism needs to be destroyed but I wouldn't have thought that video game dlc would foment the most revolutionary fervor