Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/nintendo/MagnificentChoughPogChamp

Game of the year

#TEAMCHICO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"What did you learn at GDC?"

"That white male cis abled characters don't have to be the default choice for main characters. What did you learn?"

"Ganondorf was gonna be a burnt out old dude wearing a metallica t-shirt in one concept of BOTW."

Edit: A snap of the slide for reference:

https://twitter.com/juanjimver/status/837036378802241536

Holy poo poo hell yes

the young must kill the olds at Nintendo and seize power. This is sick lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

axeil posted:

so were all the skyward sword/twilight princess reviews "BEST GAME EVER HOLY poo poo" before release? because it seems that's how all the reviews are trending and i'm getting worrying amounts of hype seeing them all come in. i mean the friggin' kotaku article said the only con was that you can't remap the buttons.

:ohdear:

Yeah except those felt like they got sold on their own hype for the game and showered it with amazing reviews, despite the games had so many flaws. That's why the Gerstmann review was such a topic of contention because up to that point Zelda had been untouchable and now here's a zelda that, while not bad by any means, didn't exactly set the world on fire.

BotW is the change everyone has wanted out of a zelda for so many years.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

chaleski posted:

People also freaked the gently caress out because the Gamecube version was rated .1 higher, which I'm still not sure was ever explained

You had camera control and no motion controls so yeah it was better.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

axeil posted:

BOTW is currently the #2 ranked game on metacritic after OOT.

:stare:

Goddamn why is gta4 so high up lmao

Or soul calibur hahah

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Eventide island loving owned

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Beat the game today. Game loving rules man goddamn I love this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Twilight princess was such a poo poo game