Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

PantsBandit posted:

Breakable gear is a bit weird. Especially since, presumably, you'll end up getting the master sword at some point which obviously won't be breakable. Wouldn't surprise me if they make it straight up better than any of the degradable stuff.

On a meta-level, I wonder if this is going to be the Breath of the Wild equivalent of the rented items in Link Between Worlds. Basically, you can find crappy and breakable versions of any item you want anywhere in the world, but each dungeon gives you a good, non-breakable version of one of the game's main items. It would allow you to do the dungeons in any order while still making you legitimately stronger with each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

SirPenguin posted:

According to this article it's possible to beat the game without actually finishing the story

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11942652/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-ending

That's pretty wild for a Zelda. I guess it implies that story content and "main thread" content are very different from each other. Hard to wrap my head around that unless the story is heavily tied to the shrines whereas the main thread ("Kill Ganon"?) is tied to the dungeons?

I hope there are multiple endings depending on how many dungeons you've completed, and then the official timeline gets split off like thirty different ways from this game.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Watching other people's reactions to the demo, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how similar this game's opening is to the start of the new Doom.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Tender Bender posted:

I hope they smooth it out but I'm not sure what they can do. Even so if the NX version runs better, I guess I'll go back to buying Nintendo consoles on day one because this game looks worth it.

Even if the game is Q1 2017, that's still a fair amount of time for graphical polish. I'd definitely expect the final game to look better than this demo.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Anyone else think the ancient technology in Breath of the Wild looks a lot like it was made by the Twili?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I want David Cage to make a Kirby game.

Anyway, I think the weirdest thing about this game is the idea of Nintendo making a heavily physics-based game. Playing around with physics objects really isn't the kind of gameplay Nintendo's done in the past, at least not on this scale. It's so strange to imagine solving Half-Life-esque physics puzzles to beat a Zelda dungeon.