Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

goferchan posted:

I don't know if the preloaded MK8 is some exception but I bought a Wii U on Craigslist from a guy who wiped his account completely. I created a new account when I bought it and was immediately prompted to download my free copy of Mario Kart 8. It wasn't still on the drive or anything, I had to redownload it, but the system thought I still owned it. Wasn't expecting it at all but it was a nice surprise.
AFAIK, all preloaded games are initially registered to the console itself, which is why you can re-download preloaded titles after wiping the console during a system transfer. You're fortunate that the previous owner of your WiiU never bothered to register an NNID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Febreeze posted:

If when link dies it creates a timeline, doesn't that still make a failure timeline in every other game? But only OoT has one? There's no logic to it. Because it wasn't thought out, it was thrown together hastily for a marketing push.
It's obviously because so many players gave up in the water temple.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Well yeah, of course the wiimote bundle cost more than the normal version.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
PH and ST are hugely flawed games in a lot of ways, but the stylus control scheme let them do some really cool things with the puzzle design.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, like making a stupid flute puzzle mechanic.
Nah it's the poo poo microphone that made that utter trash.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

MokBa posted:

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse or if you actually don't understand the fundamental differences between 2D and 3D Zelda games.
I feel like top-down/third-person are better descriptors of the two styles than 3D/2D given that the last four portable titles have used polygonal graphics.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Cleretic posted:

Fi is my favorite character to play in Hyrule Warriors, and I kind of hate that fact. She doesn't deserve to be as fun as she is!

Fi is trash tier go Twili Midna or go home.

If you just like to spin to win play Zant instead.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Very few of them are useful or even interesting don't try and get all the rings.

You can't even get them all on VC because of the Advance shop being inaccessible.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's worth mentioning that the PAL version of Minish Cap is bugged and won't let you get 100% kinstone fusion.
Motherfucker.

No wonder i couldn't finish it.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Binding spin to waggle in Super Mario Galaxy was a good idea and felt great. Binding it to the jump button would prevent you from being able to spin while grounded and you're already waving the remote around anyway.

If you want to see awful shoehorned motion controls go play monkeyball Wii and marvel at the tilt controlled menu screens.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

s.i.r.e. posted:

I believe you need the Master Sword to deliver the final blow.
Funnily enough although this is true, after the cutscene where you retrieve the Sword it gets added back to your inventory and automatically equipped even if you didn't have it in the first place.

This is how its possible to beat the game as child link even though you can't normally equip the MS.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm still confused over the why he dislikes WW for cutting out backtracking but likes Minish Cap for the same reason. The only real difference is that in MC you get the item halfway through the circle instead of at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Worst MM3D change is zora mode swimming, but if you never played the older versions you won't notice.

Cojawfee posted:

I think a ported Skyward Sword with normal controls and a lot of the hand holding removed would be a great game.
I never got this argument. The game is built around the motion controls and ripping them out will only expose tht fact. PH and ST will also not suddenly become better games with purely button input.

With you on the handholding tho. Why not a simple 'have you ever played a zelda game before?' prompt when you start a new file? It's really baffling there's no option to toggle that stuff.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 21, 2017