Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm liking the return to the open world format after all the stale attempts to remake Ocarina of Time. Getting a Darksiders II kinda vibe here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I think it's hilarious the various gadgets like bombs are now apps Link installs on his iSheikah. I love all the new features, it's like Nintendo went and played the first Zelda, Skyrim, MGSV, Dark Souls, Darksiders II, and Farcry 2-4 and tossed it all into a blender. This game is going to be awesome.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 15, 2016

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

This game looks cool as hell, but I'm really curious how the NX version looks and plays. There's some really noticeable pop-in, and people playing it on the show floor say it feels choppy in places. I wonder if it runs smoother on NX and/or if the massive scale of the game is the result of whenever they decided they were doing it for NX and that would be the "definitive" version. With how focused Nintendo's been on smooth framerates it's hard to imagine they were going to be ok with the framerate going up and down.

Pretty sure they'll smooth out the framerate before releasing the game. I'm hoping the Wii U version will be just as good because I really don't want to have to buy an NX yet, I always wait on new Nintendo consoles since their game release schedules are so loving abysmal. Plus this may turn out to be the same situation as Twilight Princess (Pre-HD remaster of course) where the last Gen edition was superior since it didn't have gimmick bullshit motion controls slapped on it. Like seriously what's NX's gimmick going to be?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Let's hope that 140 square miles is densely packed with content. A major problem of open world games claiming to have a huge open world is that there's usually gently caress all nothing to do in them.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Time-fuckery is pretty cliche by now. What I want since this is basically a re-imagining of the NES Zelda is either caves inhabited by survivors or small ramshackle communities ala Fallout. This is supposed to be a post apocalyptic Hyrule, right?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Personally I am glad this is getting a dual system release, as it'll satisfy both the people who bought a Wii U but are holding out on the NX and the people who passed on the Wii U in anticipation of the NX.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Nintendo's twitter showed off the box art

Silly Link, that's not how you hold a sword!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

LTTP is the best Zelda and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

SNES version doesn't have Link screaming (which really didn't fit in LTTP) every time he swings his sword so it's automatically the better version. Plus, SNES to GBA ports sucked in general due to them having washed out colors and butchered sound.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Game owns but I'm real disappointed there's no hookshot.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Urban environment Zelda with 90s Biker Link from the concept art.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I always get a chuckle out of the Great Fairy upgrade animations, my favorite is the one for the 3rd level upgrade. Seeing Link panic is both adorable and hilarious, he's such a lovable dork in this game.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I would happily buy the amiibos, if they were in stock and not being price gouged by scalpers, so I'm not ashamed to do the NFC tag thing.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Lakbay posted:

Wow Lynel farming chews through your weapons like crazy, they have so much hp

I just want to see the barbarian set bonus

The trick is to shoot them in the face and stun them, which gives you an opportunity to mount them and hack away, this doesn't use any durability. I have a 101 dmg Savage Lynel Crusher that I use just for this purpose and it has lasted forever.

EDIT: Yeah I think you need to be by the rear end end. Use stasis to buy time.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 29, 2017

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Thunder weapons are also great for disarming enemies. Nothing is more satisfying than killing an enemy with their own weapon.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The bomb arrow trick works in the remake. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

You guys weren't joking about Face Shrine's music. They put my favorite dungeon music on a whole another level, goddamn. Playing this with headphones should be mandatory because goddamn this remake has amazing sound design and music.