Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The combat music is so Jazzy, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Gliding onto a horse and then immediately getting on it to ride is is incredibly dope.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

All of them, OP

Hell, same.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Mr E posted:

I've 100% every game except Minish Cap's kinstone fusions.

that's easy, the figurines, on the other hand...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm getting the game tomorrow but can anyone who's played it let me know where you get the photo compendium so I can make a beeline for it? It def seems like the kind of mechanic I would want unlocked before I really start exploring the world proper.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Walrus posted:

is there a way to repair weapons?

I don't know the specifics but some sort of repair blacksmith unlocks after beating the zora area's divine beast. you might need to bring him mats for the repairs.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Harrow posted:

For people who have been playing a while: how many runes are there for the Sheikah Slate? Is it just Magnesis, Stasis, Cryonis, and the bombs, or are there more later on?

there's also a photo rune that lets you take selfies and more importantly catalogue everything you take pictures of in a compendium that adds location info you can reference if you are looking for an enemy/animal/material you took a pic of, and an amiibo using rune.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

TFRazorsaw posted:

so like, regarding lore

It feels somewhat strange that since their introduction in Ocarina of Time, they held fast to the whole "the Sheikah are either nearly extinct or in hiding and the only one you ever see" to... well... the entire population of Kakariko Village BEING Sheikah and dressing and being referred unamabiguously as such and showing their day to day lives, and on top of that there are more living throughout Hyrule.

And then there's the evil Sheikah clan who worship Ganon.

It's kind of a huge paradigm shift.

Impa or someone in Kakariko mentions that there was a 10 000 year gap between appearances of Ganon that lead to hyrule becoming advanced enough to create the guardians and the divine beasts. Certainly would give them enough time to revive the clan back to its former glory.

My bigger lore gripe at the moment is the fact that both Rito and Zora are around at the same time. I hope I get some answers when i visit those regions.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I fought a stalnox before work and dodged all the trees he ripped out to throw at me and when he ran out of trees he loving TORE OUT HIS OWN RIBS to attack me.

This game is extremely good.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sat here at work for another hour and a half thinking about like 50 things i want to do tonight in BOTW before I go to sleep, this game is so loving cool.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

J-Spot posted:

I'm probably not the first person to gripe about this, but my god why did Nintendo taint this otherwise nearly perfect game with awful motion control gimmicks? I just did a temple with a terrible ball maze that took a couple dozen tries to get right. I thought maybe the pro controller wasn't the best way to go so I switched to handheld mode, but that might have been worse.

You're also not the first person to be told that you can flip that entire thing upside down with the motion controls to ignore the maze.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I've got two days off starting tomorrow and about 20 shrines and 2 divine beasts left. Gonna try and get all that + the sidequests squared away as well as beating the game before work starts back up. What a good game.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 12, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Whenever you finish a divine beast if you don't have the thing the heads of those cities always go hey man where's that thing you always have.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

GobiasIndustries posted:

Slightly off-topic: I've got both the Oracle games on my 3ds, is there an order I need to play through them to not miss anything?

If i remember correctly you need to do Seasons first to actually be able to access one part of the Ages map without being locked out. I could be getting it backwards though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ages had way harder dungeons(one of which is the actual worst one in the series) so I always do it second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

does completing the dlc add anything to the ending?