Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The proper way to deal with any Hinox with an orb is to glide onto him, pick up the orb, and just run. Avoid battle. Just steal it, and then bolt while Yakkety Sax plays in your head.

E: ^ This guy gets it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Xaris posted:

Is it possible to tell the Shrines that you've activated vs Shrines that you've got the Spirit Orb from somehow? They appear to be the same on my map though I may be missing some little detail somewhere. I know they show a Treasure Chest next to them if you got all the treasure inside which I guess is a close enough metric.

Also is it only possible to tell what % you are at after you beat the game? Mostly just curious to know how much I've done already but it's not a big deal.

Uncompleted shrine icons are orange.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cia just can't ever win, can she!?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Xad posted:

I don't know if everyone saw this, since it's in Zelda's room in the castle, but I really like the cute explanation for why Link never talks in any of the cutscenes. It's not that he's mute, it's that he's nervous and worries too much about what people think of him/what he might say.

Silently taking on the burdens of the world around him is really apt.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

So I have 75/76 side quests completed, and according to lists on the internet, the one I'm somehow missing is the original Find the Fairy Fountain quest. I apparently can't activate it anymore? Is it missable somehow?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Alxprit posted:

That shouldn't be, that quest is categorized as Main.

Of course it is. Welp, I have no idea what I'm missing then. Time to travel forever!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Augus posted:

"Box buddy"?

He murders everything with a metal box that he carries with him via Magnesis. It's a good strat.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you mean the missing Zora wife? Because you can! Go talk to the husband, then go for a look in Lake Hyrule. She's out on the island there.

He means the kid playing hide-and-seek in Kakariko Village.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spergatory posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnl-FEitBbU

Welp, I guess I'm hacking my Wii U, because that is bullshit, Nintendo. :mad:

just get a zelda amiibo!!!

or use your phone to fake a zelda amiibo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Carmant posted:

All the amiibo stuff would have been perfect to place in some of the really difficult off-the-beaten-path areas as a reward.

SO MANY HIDDEN COSTS!!!!!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

socialsecurity posted:

If you write them to NTAG215s(80 cents each) yes.

Actually, what's a good method for this? I have a handful of NFC tags lying around.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PantsBandit posted:

While we're on the subject of Amiibos, there's no system that ties them to a particular console, right? So if I wanted to I could go to my friend who has a million amiibos and borrow the ones that affect the games I own?

Amiibos have "Mii owners" and that's it. My roommates and I trade around amiibos all the time.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Your Computer posted:

Actually that track is in the game! It's in a pretty fitting location too. :ssh:

Explain!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

holy poo poo I never realized

I love this game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gyro would basically do everything motion controls would need to do, so it's within the realm of possibility.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anyone else find it odd that Spectacle Rock is no longer on Death Mountain?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Arwing was used to internally test Z targeting, so there's no reason for you to ever see it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

How are so many people having issues with the Gerudo Stealth Mission™? I didn't even realize there was major penalties for getting caught, because I went across the top of the room and then shot an arrow at the ground to move one of the last people out of the way. It seemed really really easy.

EpicNemesis posted:

I just scaled the outside one shotting guardians. Is there anything noteworthy I missed? I was a little bummed out about how anticlimactic the castle was. I was so decked out with my gear that everything was a joke.

Mostly lore in the form of documents, powerful equipment, and the Hylian Shield. It's an incredible experience.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

My problem with Yiga jerks is that they'll show up to fight me while I'm parrying Guardians AND running away from Stalblins at the same drat time.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Link's Awakening still owns.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

weird Asian candy posted:

Damnit, now I need to figure out a way to hide a $70 purchase for a new controller from the wife :ninja:

And then figure out a way to have the kids not immediately rat me out for purchase of said new controller...

I saw the IGN recommendation of turning HUD to pro mode, which I did and I do like the full screen feel to it and it really does draw you more into the game I feel like.

Some colored DS4s were retailing at $65, and the Switch ProCon is a million times better than any controller I've ever used. It's a good investment.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Because there is a high chance that you will fail in trying to do so.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Inzombiac posted:

Did you stasis push the ice while using magnesis to cover the jets with the metal box?

Please tell me that was the solution, because what I did, I feel, should not have worked.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Empire State posted:

Speaking of something gross, did anybody else dye their Zora armor red in loving memory of Knuckles the Echidna?

ABSOLUTELY.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

spit on my clit posted:

i did because the headpiece reminds me of knuckles

Takoluka posted:

Empire State posted:

Speaking of something gross, did anybody else dye their Zora armor red in loving memory of Knuckles the Echidna?

ABSOLUTELY.

:hfive:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I have been scanning amiibos constantly and have not seen the Twilight Bow. I also refuse to save scum.

Working as intended.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

I looked up the last two shrines I was missing and I feel bad because one of them was in a place I was gonna check out anyway, but I never would have found the other one because it was buried in a place I thought I had fully charted

There is something amazing about having, like, 116 shrines, suddenly having your Sheikah Slate point to one, and going "HOW AM I STILL FINDING AREAS I HAVEN'T EXPLORED?"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

quote:

So more subpar dungeon's with subpar bosses? But we have the little shrine's to keep us going in between garbage everything breaking after 2 hits combat.

Calling it "open air" to make it sound like it's something different while it's not is so digustingly Nintendo it hurts. The retconing of Hyrule Historia is really funny though.

Nintendo is doomed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yes, you can, and you use them for clothing upgrades.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Augus posted:

Many a brave soul has tried to gently caress a fish, but none this far have succeeded.

he who finds the path shalt be the true savior of Hyrule

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I don't think Plateau can be skipped without ACE.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is good and all, but your My Reps app is fantastic. Just throwing that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Freeze them, and then push them into water. They will drown and drop everything. It takes no effort and is great for farming.