Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Ice Fist posted:

Yeah, on the save game select screen.

Unless this is a joke about how I'm bad for dying so much. I was like 8. OKAY!?!? :(

No, I think he's being serious, because I definitely don't remember there being a death counter. That's what that number was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I feel like SS controls-hate is basically the Carnival Night Zone barrel for Zelda games. Everyone either got it immediately or hated it forever and neither side gets why the other side even exists.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
One of my favorite little things control-wise in SS was how using the bow felt.

You hold up the wiimote and nunchuk, hold C to aim and then pull back and fire and for some reason that always felt super awesome to me, especially since it was so easy to aim with the wiimote compared to aiming with the control stick in OoT and MM.

Nate RFB posted:

Skyloft and its NPC cast, to say nothing about Groose, are just so much more interesting than anything (anything) in TP that I will always pick SS. I can get better at motion controls, I can hack Fi's annoying quips to be less frequent and make the bird permanently faster, but there is nothing I can do to make TP's world at all more fun to explore and interact with.

While I also definitely prefer SS to TP, there is an Ocarina code that makes the Spinner hilariously fast, so there's that? :v:

Xad fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 17, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The only thing I'd say was disappointing is the final boss.

I dunno why you think this, but I at least never bothered to try a skyward strike on him, which apparently stuns him with lightning? so it was tense as gently caress and I loved every minute of it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's strange that someone also styled his hair, shaved his face, clipped his nails and dressed him in new clothing during that time.

Eh, they were freezing him in place with magic so he could get older, I'm sure keeping up his appearance wasn't too much extra.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

"And a Deeper Darker Original Dynamic More Inspired Storyline" :laffo:

As cool as porting Link's Awakening to OoT's engine is, I think I might be more excited for Iscar Matthias to make an appearance!!!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
So I've beaten the game now, (and am definitely going to go back to do more stuff that I missed i.e. lots of shrines and areas I didn't explore a lot) and I think my only real issue with the game is the actual main dungeons and the bosses, because they were all so easy and short. Thunderblight Ganon was absolutely my favorite boss to fight, but I still really wish that the different bosses were...more different. Every single boss went shoot it in the eye->hit it while it's down, and when it gets low on health, you might have to use a rune to be able to hit it more. Even actual Calamity Ganon wasn't much different, he just had all four weapons + a guardian laser. He was basically a combination of a Major Test of Strength and a regular Guardian, which felt...I dunno, underwhelming? It was a cool final boss fight, reflecting lasers and stuff, but none of the bosses really felt like they were doing anything new? Which was I guess sortof the point?

How does everyone else feel about the bosses and dungeons?

Other than that, a few of the side quest rewards felt really lackluster since every single weapon can break, and there aren't really any permanent upgrades (that I've found) outside of spending spirit orbs and getting better armor sets. It's mostly just that I was expecting to get something really cool out of dropping dragon scales into their respective springs, but all you get is an elemental spear.

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah, that's kindof how I felt about it. Revali's Gale is really cool to have and makes exploration way easier, but it never feels necessary, I wish there was more stuff like that in the game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Harrow posted:

I love lovesick nerd Zelda and I hope she and Link have a happy life together now that Zelda is free to be a scientist and Link is free to follow her around and make friends with horses to his little heart's content :3:

I don't know if everyone saw this, since it's in Zelda's room in the castle, but I really like the cute explanation for why Link never talks in any of the cutscenes. It's not that he's mute, it's that he's nervous and worries too much about what people think of him/what he might say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Motto posted:

I've used the stable nearest the Rito village for farming wood since there's a bunch of stocked wood, logs, and an axe right there. For some reason cutting down a whole tree in the wild only gives a single bundle.

Sometimes it drops two! Not sure if it depends on what type of weapon/axe you're using, but I've cut down trees and gotten more than one bundle of wood.