Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

greatn posted:

Oh of course. He's three so he didn't look anything up, but I DID read him the Link to the Past manga that was originally published in Nintendo power.

Or what about the 80's cartoon? He's probably love that and the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Electromax posted:

For the few who it might matter to, Nintendo just put Skyward Sword up digitally on the Wii U store today.

Is there any way to play it with the game pad?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

This is just the "x is in a coma" theory that's applied to everything these days, right?

What's the next Twilight Zone twist fans will apply to everything?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Has there been anymore footage of the Wii U version? Just wondering how big of a step down it is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

I took a Cucco all the way to the Silver Lynel in the Coliseum and got it to attack him, they hardly did any damage to him before they stopped attacking. :smith:

The coliseum was such a waste of time. Looked cool, but no reward.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

oh cool, well looking forward to buying whatever that amiibo ends up being then. hopefully they do a second run of the other 30th Zelda amiibos alongside the new ones because that OOT Link outfit looks drat good in BotW and he's basically impossible to get right now

Got the last OOT Link from my local Toys R Us on Sunday. They still had a lot of 8 bit Links. All the Gamestops have nothing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

ProjektorBoy posted:

Videos from this series may quench your thirst https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NccSaUwoibM

Oh btw guys I think I found the most rear end in a top hat Korok. If not the most rear end in a top hat, then clearly top 5.

That's my boy. Was climbing up there just to jump off, and she was happy to see him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

pentyne posted:

Wait so you can use USB memory sticks? I thought the WiiU could only use external HDDs with a power source.

That's how my roommate plays on my Wii U. I didn't think it'd work, but it's awesome it does.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Fish people are overrated. Let me offer an alternative.

Although honestly everyone is hot in this game and it's unfair. Yes even the gorons. Especially the gorons.

So hot you will catch fire if you go near their home.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guys. The Zelda Encyclopedia is the truth, and is only like $25 on Amazon.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Just use stuff when you feel like it. If you run out of good weapons, Die Hard some mother fuckers until you’re “Ho ho ho. I have knights sword and bomb arrows.”

Have fun. Do cool stuff.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Doesn’t rain also make you shield surf faster on grass?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Ganon somehow always finds a way to be a big enough problem to require link to go on a monster genocide that I'm almost curious what a Doom Slayer version of Link would be.

HE ALWAYS COMES BACK. THE GREEN ONE. SWORD BOUND, GRACEFULLY SLICING THROUGH OUR KIND WITH A HIGH PITCHED WAIL.

Link is fantasy Doomguy. That’s why he collects Hinox guts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If what you like about BOTW is the freedom, then your only real Zelda option is the OG NES one or waiting for BOTW 2

Did anyone ever try to make that NES style Breath of the Wild the developers supposedly used to come up with ideas for scenarios and other mechanics?

The OG Zelda and Breath of the Wild are easily my favorites in the series.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The last couple numbered Far Cry games were fun, especially with a friend.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I've torn myself away from Pathologic long enough to get back to this. I appear to have infiltrated Hyrule Castle under the cover of thunderstorms and darkness. I came in from the moat and through the prisons. I have a 3d map marking key locations, stealth armor, and I'm sneaking past aerial gunships and heavily armed guards to destroy the ultimate weapon

Did

Did Nintendo make a metal gear

e: Also I'm doing this with broken garbage, because it's still botw lol, and I didn't get the master sword or free three mechs yet but whatever I'm abandoning ship if it gets dicey metal gear ganon can nuke the president of hyrule I guess

This is extremely triumphant music for breaking through at the break of dawn and running into ten billion hyperturrets and LIONHOUND. I found the shield, Zelda's diary and memory, some ancient arrorws, and Ganon himself but no warp point so lol this will be fun to do again in a few dozen hours.

There’s a warp point in the castle. Try using magnesis on the bookshelves.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Alxprit posted:

Should've been "Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Played my first hour last night, and after getting the sword, all I did was play the claw game and fish. Got the bottle, the dolls, and enough heart pieces (I got the one that was in the hole) to get an extra heart.

Game is so drat charming, I’m excited to actually start adventuring.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m playing Links Awakening for the first time, and there’s really nothing that the first Zelda does that LA doesn’t do better. I love the original Zelda, but there’s really no reason to remake or update it. It should just remain a time capsule of what started it all.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m at 42 shells and the 7th dungeon. gently caress this dungeon. I knocked down three of the pillars, and have no idea how to get to the fourth. I’ve gotten pretty lucky that this is the first time that I’ve felt stonewalled.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Tenik posted:

Here are some hints, assuming it's the same pillar that I got stuck on for a bit in my replay:

1. Some stone walls are smaller than others.
2. Tossing balls over fences is so easy, little kids like Link do it all the time.

I’ve been doing good with throwing the ball over the fences, but there’s a room to the left on the 3F where you need the red/blue blocks switched one way to get to the next room, but then the room after you need it switched the other way. The first room has a snake enemy that I don’t remember seeing before.

In other news: I suggest people get at least forty shells to get the powered up sword. The sword is really great, and hunting the shells down is a lot of fun, and helps you appreciate the world.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

On December 5th Link is going to be playable in Super Mario Maker with a master sword power up. He has his sword, shield, arrows, bombs, and downstab. Looks fun as gently caress.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Majoras Mask is my favorite game to watch someone else play.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Link has a history of Zora side chicks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Moblins are my favorite enemies to fight. Trying to fight them early on, you learn to pull out all the stops. They’re a real threat.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

I decided to finally pull out the Amiibo I had lying around to get some stuff and wondered if I was doing something wrong when I got ten fire arrows from the Toon Link one when I saw it was supposed to give you the Wind Waker armor. So I googled and nope, you have to loving savescum for the armor pieces. God what a dumbass decision.

Sadly the armor I want the most is from an Amiibo I don't have (the pixel Zelda one that gives the 8/16 bit Link outfit).

That’s my favorite amiibo and outfit. Takes me back to when the original game was so mysterious. Toon Link isn’t bad. The boomerang is pretty fun.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guardian Arrows are the Mega-Elixir of BotW.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Zack Ater posted:

I just flipped the maze over. It's flat on the bottom.

That was fun to do with the Wii U game pad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The first Zelda was so amazing when I was little. Never got past the third dungeon because I was terrible at it, but I could wander for hours. And that gold cartridge seemed so prestigious.

One of the older kids in my neighborhood had hand drawn maps he made with notes. He’s a plant manager now, making spreadsheets all day.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Something relaxing about shield surfing down a grassy hill in the rain.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

sigher posted:

I've never owned the game so I only heard about it in passing on the schoolyard where everyone called it "Diddy Kong's Quest," it wasn't until sometime on SA that someone pointed it out that I realized my reality was a lie.

I’ve owned the game since it came out, and caught the pun, but if I’m not looking at the title, it’s still Diddy Kong’s Quest in my head.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Some of the dungeons just feel soul crushingly hard sometimes because of all the crap they throw at you with limited combat options. It’s really not that bad though if you keep trying.

It’s funny to think about how I have a hard time comprehending that there are people out there that didn’t have that sense of wonder from the original Legend of Zelda during their childhood. I never owned it, but I’d get lost for hours at friends or family members houses, thinking there was no way I’d ever see everything it had to offer. I’ve played better Zelda games since, but that’s the one I’ll always go back to.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Breath of the Wild, Majoras Mask, and Links Awakening remake are my triforce.

I feel bad for leaving out the original Legend of Zelda, but Links Awakening remake is really good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Momomo posted:

I find it hard to call the Twilight Princess Zelda a design, since it looks exactly like the default Zelda, just slightly fancier. It'd be like comparing Mario in Galaxy to Mario in Odyssey.

He’s got a new hat!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

People put together a cut of Star Wars A New Hope giving each person like six seconds of film to do in whatever style they wanted. It’s a really neat form of collaborative art.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m pulling for the BS Zelda characters to make a comeback.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Zelda Megathread: deaths are just gonna happen, rush into everything

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Smol posted:

“You put the Deku Princess in a bottle” :staredog:

The first boss was super easy. Not sure if you were supposed to use the bombs (I noticed the bomb flowers just before the fight ended), but I just strafed behind him and hit him in the butt.

Back when the game first came out, I came over to my neighbors house, and he was nearly having a meltdown because he couldn’t figure out what to do with the Deku Princess. He hands my other friend the controller, and goes upstairs to calm down and grab a drink. I immediately joke “Stuff her rear end in a bottle if she doesn’t want to cooperate.”

My neighbor came running back down the stairs to find out why we were laughing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m excited about the Game & Watch. I love dorking around in the original Zelda, and I’ll have a convenient way to play the game boy version of Links Awakening for the first time. I can see myself actually taking this places for mini game sessions when I have time to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I like that the Bokoblins painted a happy face on the wood protecting the talos’ weak spot.