Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I wouldn't really call Breath of the Wild's art style particularly realistic. Sure, it's moreso than Wind Waker, but it doesn't give me a Twilight Princess vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm still going at this game after however many hours, just recently beat the Goron temple to finish off all four, now I'm just wandering around like usual. I just did a temple that involved moving an ice cube to the end, getting it past fire jets (Melting Ice Hazard), but I ended up bullshitting the puzzle since I had no idea what it wanted from me. I'm glad the game doesn't care that much about how you go about solving puzzles, cause I've had to do weird stuff for them a good handful of times.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I found it weird they gave us four significant new characters in each region, but still used the spirits of the champions to control the mechs. Surely it would have made more narrative sense to use the new people for that.

On another note, did the Rito section seem underwhelming to anyone else? All the other areas had loads of character, and you got a good idea of how their societies lived, but the Rito section seemed really short. You just go to the chief, he guides you to Birdman (Whatever his name was), he gives you a stupidly easy test, and you just immediately go to fighting the boss.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

How do you even make a campfire? I put the wood and flint down, but hitting it with a metal weapon just breaks the flint.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I can't seem to find anything strong that isn't two handed, so I've spent most of the game using those.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, I couldn't get parrying or dodging to really work that well so I have never tried to use them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I saw a bear and chased after it as soon as I saw the mount command.

Ps whoever decided you can't tame the other animals is mean

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I ended up having to leave the dungeon to get more equipment (I was wearing the default clothes I think), since Waterblight would kill me in two shots. I'm surprised people called him easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I find it hard to call the Twilight Princess Zelda a design, since it looks exactly like the default Zelda, just slightly fancier. It'd be like comparing Mario in Galaxy to Mario in Odyssey.