Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Really dumb how they had to keep hot swapping weapons cause their inventory was full. Hope they figure out something less frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rexroom posted:

She was the primary source of the girl Link rumours.

Just realized what the girl buttons on the leaked NX controller were supposed to do

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What if Link turns into a birdman

That's why his tunic is blue and he doesn't have a hat

why do you think nintendo is so keen on calling this game "open-air" :tinfoil:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Vulkan mind meld with LPers

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yesterday: found armor that requires Farosh's Horn to upgrade
Today: found Farosh :stonklol:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
P.S. you can respec heart containers/stamina vessels from the shifty statue in Hateno Village, head down from the shrine warp point and take a left from the flagpole

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

These memory things, how the gently caress do they work? I'm bad at recognizing areas but I don't know if I have to activate something when I get to an area? Is there anything else that visually tells me if I'm close?
There's a glowey thing with a button prompt but you need to be super close to the area for it to show up. Can't scope it out from far away

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is there some way to filter the map by icon

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You don't lose stamina on a cliff face of you don't move, so if it starts raining just stop climbing and go take a dump or something

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
climb

also I think I just tanked my way through the malice at one point

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Happened upon a Molduga on accident, decided to kill it cause why not and the shift in BGM when you manage to blow it out of the sand and start whaling on it kicks rear end

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Does parrying eat up shield durability?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Just noticed that like all of the stables and some other random walls have cooking recipes on them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Mylan posted:

Can you get a classic green outfit without amiibo?

yes

you're not going to like what it takes to get it though

clear all shrines

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
How expensive is the last fairy fountain to activate, I don't want to trek back through desert wasteland a second time

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

bef posted:

Thank you for this hot tip

Flame sword was the 1st weapon I found jumping off plateau and I'm still carrying it, 30 hours later

I've carried my warm sword and cool rod everywhere since acquiring them and use them for nothing else

Internet Kraken posted:

Where is the house you can buy? I need this.

hateno village, next to the Ikea furniture houses

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/840184526022238212

:eyepop:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If you equip a cold weapon you can buffer some of the effects of extreme temperature

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Holy poo poo, the basement of the labyrinth to the north of akkala

"Hello player, here's a pendant for you, isn't that nice? PSYCH, TIME TO FIGHT A HALF DOZEN GUARDIANS"

Thank you, dark souls zelda

I saw one and eliminated it before opening the chest and was like "heh nice try game"

then all the other ones turned on as I got the loot

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You don't carry any raw food? Whenever I get hungry I just mash A and watch link chow down on apples

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Stuck trying to rescue the Goron trapped in the vault; I think you need to use a cannon to blast open the cave-in but none of the ones near him seem aimed at it

Also is there a better fireproof recipe that doesn't cause me to get owned by the abandoned mine area

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

This took me way longer than it should have to figure out. You can trigger the canons in the middle of moving them between positions.

Oh I guess I should also clarify you can move the cannons by hitting the switch with a weapon.

...what switch

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
final boss spoilers: disappointed that there was no ganonball, unless there was something you could do with that big explodey golden orb he fires sometimes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Blood moon shrine quest the easy way: trigger a blood moon, reload your last save, warp to the nearby Satori Mountain shrine and hoof it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Alright, I'm totally stuck. Where's that last memory? You know the one, the picture of some random trees in some random forest. If I could at least get the correct area to look in that'd be swell.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Umm the minimap already has a compass on it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I banked it off the wall from the initial position :colbert:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

There's a door that you have to open that way to progress in the shrine when you get cryonis, so it's already in your bag of tricks at that point.

edit: lmao I didn't even comprehend your spoiler cause that solution is crazy

It took me a long while to figure this out because it had been so long since I did the initial cryonis puzzle that I forgot it was something you could do

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

which is sort of amusing, given that this version of zelda was also on a bit of a "gently caress destiny" kick and the end result was the death of nearly everyone she loved and 100 years of darkness so I guess the moral of the story is "if you're born as the reincarnation of the avatar of a goddess suck it up buttercup, you don't get to choose to be a scientist instead"

idk she seems like she clearly wanted to gain the power to seal away the darkness, she just used her scholarly pursuits to mask her lack of progress in doing so

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
while we're on story beats anybody else find it interesting how the legends basically don't mention the triforce by name anywhere in the game, and rather than talk the primary characters as a fated trio, the reincarnation myth as passed down in botw instead present them as a primal evil and the two destined to stop it

ganon can barely even be described as human in this game which was kinda cool

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The buildup to that dungeon is the only good story beat in the game, all the other races are pretty :effort: about the state of the land in comparison

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

snoremac posted:

Do the major tests of strength gradually change depending on how many you've done or are they all locked to specific shrines? Because the last 3 or 4 or I did had water on the ground when I can't recall this once beforehand.

Water btw is much easier than no water with the free cryonis pillars to break that spin attack.

drat i didn't even think of using cryonis in that one, figured the water was for electric attacks

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
So what's the real solution for the Thundra Plains shrine quest? I ended up balancing the two balls outside of the arena on a barrel then using stasis+bombs to lob it onto the raised area

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Ran around for like 15 minutes trying to figure out what the gently caress the Sheikah Sensor was reacting to, then realized... the shrine is underground :pusheen:

for all the dumb korok puzzles or treasure chest rewards or whatever, all these really unique challenges nintendo throws in off the beaten path that aren't even mentioned in questlines really make exploring a treat

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
So I'm lost on the north side of Hebra North Summit my shrine sensor is beeping like crazy but I can't find anything that indicates a nearby shrine; the closest I can gather is that it's somewhere on the sheer cliff face but I haven't been able to find an entrance

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Anybody attempt to sequence break the Kakariko Village shrine orb puzzle by using an orb from a different puzzle? I was tempted to carry one of the orbs from the 3x Hinox challenge all the way over to Kakariko but wasn't sure what would happen afterwards. Now that I've cleared the Hinox challenge the orbs don't respawn :(

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's cool how there's like multiple different types of weather in the game

Like for rain sometimes you just get light showers while other times it comes down so heavy your visibility goes to poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
As cool as stumbling on setpieces like the Forgotten Temple or Mt Lanayru is, it's kind of disappointing that they're pretty linear and singular in purpose. Kinda sucks to realize that the only structures you'll be spending significant time in are the divine beasts

It got replaced with spending significant time spinning around in circles in Akkala trying to track down all the beeping, but with the open air concept and the map you always kinda have a rough estimate of how long it'll take to get somewhere. Not to mention that most stuff in the game happens at ground level and there aren't many underground or multi-floor structures in the game

Maybe the towers revealing all the terrain in the region is too generous? Idk

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 20, 2017