Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

thanks alot assbag posted:

Speaking of design decisions, the gonging/ringing sound that plays any time the Shiekah in the temples say a line, is the exact same sound effect that is heard in a few places in Skyward Sword. It's heard in the main temple in the forest (where the old woman is), and in the Lanayru desert music themes.

Definitely some intentional sound queues relating to the Shiekah/ancient technology.

Whee theory time. When Ganon took over the most recent time maybe the Sheikah decided to just go back in time before even skyward sword creating a gigantic time loop that rules the entire history of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Kawabata posted:

Have they said if the DLCs will be available for Wii U too?

Yes, Amazon even has the digital codes available for preorder

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Kawabata posted:

Would you be so kind to link them (the Wii U ones)? For some reason the words season pass or dlc or zelda digital codes don't show anything, maybe I'm just dumb.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WRRWHDJ

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Anyone else play for a long time and get like four loving blood moon cutscenes in the same in game day?

I got 2 only 2 minutes apart. Was really weird

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Harrow posted:

This was what I thought about the timeline stuff before Nintendo themselves weighed in on it. I wouldn't care at all if it was all fan theorizing. I still don't care all that much but I'm definitely curious where Nintendo intends Breath of the Wild to fit.

The nerd gnashing of teeth when Nintendo revealed it was 3 timelines instead of two was great though.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Harrow posted:

There is also a cutscene where Zelda makes clear references to Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and (most importantly) Twilight Princess as events that took place in the world she lives in. The inclusion of Twilight Princess says it's the Child Timeline.

That was my favorite part.

Did fan theorists figure out the timeline split at OoT themselves? Because if so I'm surprised they were right. Either that or Nintendo heard that and said "yeah, good enough, but we can't let them be too right."

The timeline split was figured out by fans and did make a lot of sense given the ending of OOT. Nintendo had already known where games fall on the timeline of hyrule (at least as of circa 2003) but it's not considered that important.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Spergatory posted:

Okay, I'm kinda at my wits end here. I am at the Akalla Tower, the one surrounded by dark goop. I have killed every Bokoblin on the premises, but I absolutely cannot figure out how I am intended to climb this loving tower. The goop seems to block me at every turn. I thought I had found a way to get rid of the goop when I spotted an eyeball in the bars of the prison, but nope! That just knocks down a beam that lets me get further inside! I have searched high and low, but I cannot figure out what the gently caress I am supposed to do here.

I don't want to know the exact answer, just... some guidance, maybe. For example; am I supposed to make the goop go away, or somehow get around the goop?

Theres a goopy eye you can kill that when t dies will drop a metal bar you can magnesis around as a bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm honestly not so sure anymore. Both the Wii U HD remakes had relatively thorough Miiverse integration. It's possible they don't want to release a port without having something to replace that content.

Pretty much every insider is saying they’re coming this year but probably not until the second half of the year.