Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Beat the game, now it's time to 100% the game, which should be uh...

All Pictures
All Korok Seeds
All Shrines
All Side quests

Anything else I'm missing? Unsure if there's a checklist in-game or something.

Also does Kass show up anywhere playing his theme after the shrine stuff? it's good as all hell.

Also other question: Is there a wiki or something that shows all armor sets that give bonuses? I'm wondering about a few that may exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Everyone rumoring that Zelda might be in the extra DLC but nobody talking about Tingle's Master Quest being a thing? shame...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Someone spoil me where the four great fairies are. I have three and I didn't even know that you could get upgrades past level 2.

Do you get better set bonuses? also is there a run speed set?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Mine carts: wait you're supposed to use bombs??? I used stasis and just smacked the cart a few times to get it rollin

You kinda learn how they work when You also feed bombs into the cannons to gently caress up bokoblin bases and to fire that goron dude into the divine beast.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

wrong because twilight princess had midna

Wind Waker had [several] Tingles. You can't beat that.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So I finished the compendium and I think I was given something that doesn't do a drat thing. nice!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

JFC there's actually things for killing EVERY single respawnable boss? gently caress my stupid rear end

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Your Computer posted:

It's a shame that there are relatively few enemy types in this game, but their AI is crazy complex :stare:

I just watched a Lizalfos hit and detonate some white chu jelly so Link froze, jump back and throw its weapon to shatter Link for crazy damage. Those jerks are almost as crafty as the player at times!

Or the time a Moblin ambushed me after the Sidon cutscene and predicted my side jump and smacked me off the bridge to my death

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Cool, I need a blood moon to trigger.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Just play the game normally and wait until you see the red moon rising, then teleport to the closest landmark and chug a haste potion. I did that and got that shrine without having to do any camping. No idea why so many people refuse to do that.

VVV I did the same drat thing :saddowns:

Because I will 90% of the time forget about that trial whilst loving around and would be too late once I realise it

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How the gently caress did Beetle pass on it's lineage but Tingle didn't?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Music Theory posted:

Four Swords Adventure in this engine, please.

Also with online.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

roadhead posted:

RE: Hard Mode

You get three slots for elixirs and three for food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) - materials still stack/are infinite.

In addition to this perhaps look at the abilities you get from each Dungeon and make it a 24 real-hour timer maybe?

Nah it's just gonna be like:

More stamina used for climbing/running/swimming/gliding

Less Hearts/buff duration on foods

Less durability on weapons/bows

Probably no champion abilities

No Mounts

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Online zelda would own, stasis a player and smack him off high places :discourse:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Do I actually have to read the royal cookbooks or can I just make the recipes and give it to that dumb moron? I'm too lazy to gently caress around the castle anymore unless absolutely necessary

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I hate him so much. How can you be so smug when you're loving dead? He even poses when you use his power :mad:

Ghost bird still smug as gently caress, Link isn't a ghost, but I am :smug:

Also, Kass is awesome and I love his theme, I better be able to find him chilling with that theme somewhere later.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Farosh spawns two times in Lake Hylia and both times I get a blood moon and it disappears. I reload a save and it doesn't appear again. does it have several spawn areas? I know I saw it come out of Riola Spring a few days ago as well.

E: nvm it was at Riola Spring

Dizz fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 16, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is Enhancing armor part of 100%? Because I don't want to farm dragon scales, claws, fangs, horns to upgrade armors.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Stormgale posted:

I did that in about 40 minutes, it's really easy to do

I just feel that one part per day is kinda lame to huddle at a fireplace and camp it. I also Dislike the entire encounters as well, I feel they're kinda clunky and annoying, what with all the spawning balls of fire/ice/electricity

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Lemming posted:

I put all my weapons on a raft which I blow around the map. My collection is seven hundred weapons.

lies! I had a few swords despawn on me when dropping all my poo poo to organize my weapon inventory.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pisses me off that a giant tree log gives the same amount of wood that a smaller one does. what the gently caress, Nintendo?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

All this talk of durability and shields...

How do you feel considering Like-Likes have died out by BOTW? Would you have accepted the challenge they would have posed?

I'd go extinct too if most shields had such poo poo durability they probably have zero nutrition.

Also I gotta say that the game's monster list is kind of poo poo. it's mostly color swaps with stat changes but I guess Zelda never really had much in terms of beasts.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Where are the Barbarian pants?

I don't remember which parts are in there, but there's three maze shrines in the game, one in the icy northernmost area, another at the top right of the map north of akkala lab, and the other is rightmost in the gerudo area.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Finished all shrines last night. now the lengthy process of getting all Korok Seeds

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The Hideout stealth was loving dicks, but at least I was able to lure them around with bananas, It still sucked dick though that one failure could mean restarting the entire thing though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress hetsu, gently caress his maracas, gently caress these seeds.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Shut up!

Ignimbrite posted:

:captainpop:

Those are fighting words, mister

They're murdering words. I'm already burned out on putting balls in holes, rocks in pattern formations, rocks in rock circles, shooting balloons, lifting rocks.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah who the hell would pick Mipha over Sidon

Anyone worth a drat.

Also RE: Dragon farming - Farosh

Sometimes it won't appear at lake Hylia. it will appear at Riola Spring in the Faron region. Just place a campfire a distance away from that top lake area and it will immediately spawn in the morning. You could ALSO camp down at the waterfall since it Rises up and then dives downwards for easy shots at it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Mr E posted:

End game: The last boss sucked. The first phase was fine, and it was cool you had to parry the lazer, but the horse phase was bleh. It'd be cool if the DLC had you rebuilding some of hyrule or something. I'm gonna take a break from the game for a while, then finish up the sidequests and shrines that I haven't done yet.

As long as the game needs thousands of bundles of wood and ores.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Just cook one hearty item and that's it, nice full restore plus bonus hearts.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

strap on revenge posted:

does anyone know where the rock is for this one

can not find it to save my life

Tried using Stasis to highlight movable items nearby?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Motto posted:

What happens if you fight the final boss without ever registering a horse?

You ride Sidon piggyback

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

grilldos posted:

Kass you bastard.

I completed:
Gerudo Tower - Sign of the Shadow
A Song of Storms - Calora Lake
The Serpent's Jaws - Pagos Woods
The Crowned Beast - Rabia Plain
Master of the Wind - Horon Lagoon
The Two Rings - West Hyrule Plains
Under a Red Moon - Hyrule Ridge
The Hero's Cache - Kitano Bay

Then I did Find Kheel (find stupid girl bird) and the subsequent Recital at Warner's Nest (leaf fart on the five holes).

This motherfucker won't go home. Go home Kass. You're neglecting a family of six.

Go to His Diary which was at the blood moon shrine area and read the last page to see if he went back home. If not, maybe try checking the stable near the Rito village and speak to him there.

I also had this problem as well where everything was done but he refused to go home.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

parallelodad posted:

What the hell do I do with all these weird X's on death mountain with a little bullseye in the middle? I'm sure they are koroks and I've seen them all over, but I've tried an aerial stab, bombs, arrows, stasis, and magnesis, nothing seems to do anything.

look for nearby rocks and add to the missing parts

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How do gorons even reproduce?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Here's something people might miss if they're looking for quests. Climb the Deku Tree

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kashuno posted:

How forgettable are these bosses though? If you tell me "The boss of OOT (blank) Temple" I'm going to immediately remember the fights with Phantom Ganon, or Volvagia, or Bongo Bongo, but if someone is like "The boss of the Rito Divine Beast" I don't remember a single thing about that fight, or any of the Divine Beast bosses at all.

I'd remember the Rito boss, only because it bugged out on me and became invincible on my first fight.

Real talk though It would take me a bit to remember the blights. They're not very memorable, but since there's only four of them it isn't hard.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

My most memorable Zelda boss was the Unicorn Dragon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there a place where I can read up armor upgrade materials? Kiiiinda sucks to upgrade a piece and then find out you either don't have enough for the entire set, or are short for the next levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I bought this with the Switch, I wasn't really expecting the world after Skyward Sword though.

Let me preface this with A Link to the Past being my favorite Zelda to throw you off from how I feel about the rest of this game. I don't have any controller issues with the game (albeit I have occasionally lost connection with my right hand controller at times, which has been a minor nuisance) and wow, I really *loathe* weapon degradation systems. They cheapen the rewards the game gives you and if it offers a way to remove it (at the cost of making weapons rarer) I'd take it in a second.

Yet, I am really in love with the rest of the game. It is astounding how much it just gets right, that I frankly wasn't expecting from Nintendo. Zelda's constant struggle to do things right, the way you are both just kinda trying to stay true to a legend you might have heard is true, how it's all taking place after you lost and you just have to sort of take down the bad guy after he already won, it's great!

I don't have a problem with the dungeons, because actually, how we define dungeons is all wrong. People probably go into Zora's domain and think "well, this is just part of the overworld, ho-hum, can't wait to get to the actual dungeon", never realizing that they've already stepped into it. All the way going from where you are forced to abandon your horse until you fight the boss *is* the dungeon. It's a dungeon designed around their decisions for how items and weapons work. It's a dungeon with no roof, which is why I think people are confused. The animal itself? That's just the final puzzle of the dungeon (and there's more after it too)

Thinking about it in terms of each zone being it's own dungeon is going to make a lot more sense for people unhappy with the length, I think.

After all, every dungeon in the original LoZ was as big as the overworld, it just played a trick with the mind to appear smaller.

The same is true of Breath of the Wild. It's a good game. Flawed, but good.

Excuse me while I repair my Zora spear again.

PS; Cook 5 big radishes together and thank me later.

A very fair post with a good theory on how BOTW created 'dungeons'.

I really dislike the weapon degrade system myself but it gives incentive for players to constantly cycle their inventory with different items instead of just using the strongest stick you got. My bigger complaint is there no way to Create, Repair, or even see your weapon durabilities. On another note holy gently caress you can't even make arrows like are you serious? a game where you can get orchards worth of wood and elemental chu jellies and you're telling me I can't somehow make arrows out of these? eat my rear end.