Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sharrrk posted:

same except i didnt sell it and only stopped playing because i managed to delete my save file like a moron somehow. ill come back eventually, i was enjoying it a lot

I've got wind waker HD, (just got the boat) link between worlds unwrapped, both oracles games on my N3DS, and OOT 3D ( I think I'm Just past Goran mines. I want to grab Twilight Princess remake and Skyward Sword, and Minish Cap from VC and I'm SET till the Switch comes out.) Only problem is I just downloaded M Prime Trilogy (never played it) and have Pokemon Sun to beat. Winter of Zelda indeed.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Wait seriously? The Wii U version comes out same day? Then I'll wait on a switch till MARIO.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I hate to tell you this but they are gone. They went up around 2:30 am central time. It disappeared quickly from Gamestop. Then Amazon listed the master and special editions. The master edition had a nearly 30 dollar discount for prime members. That was gone quick and the gamestop one came back as people canceled their orders to get the cheaper Amazon one. Then it disappeared again. The Special edition disappeared from Amazon shortly afterward as it was 20 dollars cheaper.

I ordered the special addition... for the Wii U. But Aside from Amazon saying that it was for the Wii U, I have seen no confirmation that the Wii U is getting a special addition. I'm confused. Not worried about getting the game now (saw a video of the two games side by side and the graphically upgrade isn't worth $400 to me) but I would be bummed if I can't get a dope carrying case for my future switch current 3ds plus the soundtrack...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The Walrus posted:

wait, there's video of the wii u version?

Check twitter and YouTube. Seen several side by side comparisons. It doesn't look as sharp, but it sure as hell doesn't look $420 better. Not hating on the Switch, but I already have a Wii U and a pro controller so...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

You might want to check your order. I don't think there is a WiiU Special Edition. I checked my Amazon order and it says Special Edition - Switch. The product page now says switch instead of Wii U like it did last night.

Just did and it also says switch. Oh well. The Annoying thing is that the Amazon page order for the Wii U addition is still the old picture and release date says march 13th? I'm confused

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm relying on this thread to keep me informed of why Amazon's claiming a ship date of the 13th for the special edition.

I'm wondering the same. I have the special addition pre ordered, because I thought it was the Wii U version. Now I'm seeing just the special addition on EBay is going for about $200... I'm thinking I'll keep my pre order and watch prices. If it stays that way I may flip it and get paid to play BOTW on the Wii U

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah the map is probably going to get framed and go next to my Zelda 1 manual map. Sword (pending Best Buy not canceling my order) will go right behind my desk so that it is in frame during all video calls with my Skull Kid. May just sell the coin and CD though.

I think I'm going to cancel my Special addition Order and just get the Wii U version, but I do really want the cd...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Just do like me and play Zelda on Wii U and buy the Switch once it has games

Doesn't need to be so upsetting

That's what I'm doing. And thanks to Amazon and the pre order and and a Christmas gift card, it's free!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yes, but Wolf Link doesn't give you hearts, instead it becomes a doggo buddy that helps you in your adventures. Its health is tied to some boring challenge room bs from TPHD

So what you're telling me is I need to hurry up and beat Wind Waker HD, so I can go buy TPHD and then beat it, so I have a dope companion on march 3rd on my Wii U

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

You mean with a Castellano accent? Yeah, I hate that poo poo too and I'm not even a Spanish speaker. My friends (being that I'm in Southern California) that are Spanish speaker hate it too, it drives one particular friend up the wall and it's hilarious.

The dungeon only gets you more hearts for when you summon the Wolf in BOTW, but you can do it with just the amiibo having never played TPHD.

Don't you need to buy TPHD to get the amiibo?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm stealing the name Calamity for the epic fantasy series I plan on writing in about 4 years.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

Is anyone just unable to pre-order the Wii U version? Gamestop in-store doesn't have a release date other than "2017". A few other sites has it listed either as 2017 or March 2017 with no exact date. The only solid info was from Nintendo's twitter. No issues ordering the Switch copy but I have not much interest in launch consoles.

You can get it on Amazon. Edit, but it still has the funky box art which I find Annoying. They need to update that poo poo.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

gently caress I didn't want to have to buy a switch!

The angle looks, different in those shots, and have we even seen any recent footage on the Wii U?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah the GBA market is probably more fake than not for any chase games at this point. Invest in a flash cart!

Thinking of grabbing a retro boy in the summer, and going to start collecting old GBA games. Anyway to tell if the karts are fake or not? Retro boys and 3DS are perfect for a Bug out bag when everything goes to hell

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

youcallthatatwist posted:

this will be the first zelda game without some kind of overworld theme. other than that it sounds pretty good

The real question is can I buy the soundtrack on iTunes or Spotify

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Smash versions of Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf. Midna+Wolf Life. 8-Bit Link. Ocarina Link. WW Link. WW Zelda. BotW Archer Link. BotW Rider Link. BotW Zelda. BotW Guardian.

I just got Twilight princess HD because if I'm playing this game I want to have a wolf buddy walking around with me.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It looks like having the wolf one is the best of the bunch. How far into TP do I have to play to get the cave and beef up my wolf link to be a major beast?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

:hfive:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Wallace
Rosey
Moonbeam
Edgar

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Guys, even though I only have a Wii U I'm really excited.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

PerrineClostermann posted:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Switch

This one

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Update. Reddit has a guy with an early Wii U copy, doing an AMA. Shown screen shots (no real spoilers, and talks about frame rate. )Game runs great! Looks very good, and only dips when it's a combo of heavy weather effects and a lot going on. He says it doesn't effect the experience much, and is loving it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

That's the news I was waiting to hear.

Also, game pad doesn't have extra functions, and pro controller does work!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Could you share a link?

Reddit / Zelda and it should be at the top of the page. There are spoilers in the thread though. I avoided anything major, but be warned.

Just watched a few minutes of a twitch streamer on Wii U' and listened to one of the tracks from the soundtrack. So PUMPED. Also, leaving thread till after I've been playing Friday :) see you all on the other side!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah I'm definitely thinking of getting this for the WiiU if theres no big performance issues

Again, watched several twitch streamers playing on Wii U. Big rain and battle effects drops frame rates for a few seconds but it looks practically just as sharp as a switch. And the slowdown wasn't often

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sigmachiev posted:

There's enough reports out now to suggest mild framerate drops when there's a lot of weather effects, certain spots in towns and certain enemy camps. I haven't seen one impression really harp on it too bad, but I question how much of that is influenced by basking in the glow of the game overall. That's why I'd like to judge for myself and also get a sense of the gap between 720 and 900p. Haven't seen any mpressions about the sound differences either.

E: Reddit has an AMA going for the Wii U version but it's marked with a spoilers tab and I'm too chickenshit to wade in, but if you don't care and want to report back you will be a prince to me.

I did and he said exactly this. Some slowdowns, but overall looks sharp as hell and plays great. The screenshots he posted back up what he said.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I'm heartened that my YouTube recommendation are nothing but avgn, game grumps, redlettermedia, some switch hardware stuff and the odd bushcraft camping video

Lol if your YouTube recommendations don't include Casey Nassitat, Gary V, ICarly, switch poo poo, Linus Tech Tips and MKBHD.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Why the hell hasn't my copy for WII u shipped yet AMAZON. Come ON! (Also, why the hell has the guide not shipped? :derp:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Jokes on you. Amazon took more preorders than copies they got for the Wii U version.

So I'm screwed and my copy is now "ship date unknown"

It says delivery date is still Friday. Book date is unknown. I did order the game the night the pre order went up.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

havenwaters posted:

You may be in the clear then. Mine went from Friday to "Delivery Date Pending" over the weekend.

Well! Just checked again and it's expected to ship tomorrow! Says arriving Friday::smuggo:

Good luck everyone who has their shipments delayed :(

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

spasticColon posted:

Argh, why isn't it Friday yet? :f5:

And does the Wii U version support the Wii U pro controller just in case I don't like playing with the tablet controller?

Yes. Though apparently some shrines need the tablet for some stuff.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

SettingSun posted:

Dunno about third party but the official controller has a functionally infinite battery life. It's unreal how long it can go without needing a charge.

Also, Reddit is reporting Walmart has it on sale for $25. Just a heads up

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Just get the Wii U version, you can buy it again for the Switch later.

That's what I'm doing

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

eonwe posted:

i hope you are all enjoying the game :) i will get to in about 5 hours

Same :hfive:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

spasticColon posted:

So any good deals on WiiU pro controllers? Otherwise I'm buying one from Best Buy for $45.

Walmart! $25

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Despera posted:

This the greatest game of all time? seems like it

Played it for 5 hours tonight. I think it just might be

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

Have you played Quest for Glory? The early 90s VGA remake of that especially, wandering around a forest, finding unexpected interesting things, becoming a hero, bit of a classic. That just came to mind when I was wandering around the forest in this, making a hand-drawn map of that QfG forest as a kid. There are a lot of quality choices for best game ever, and I can dig that this is some people's choice for that.

I have not. I have wind walker HD (just got to the forest) and an unopened TP HD (got it last week for the Wolf amiibo) and while at some point I look forward to going back to those games... this is just so much... better. So much my jam. And it looks great on a Wii U.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

spasticColon posted:

I really hope this isn't a common issue because I was going to go get a Pro Controller for my Wii U today.

Have one, and it's worked fine. Walmart has em for $25

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

SystemLogoff posted:

A "modest" test of strength. :stonklol:

30 mins. It took me 30 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean. It'd be cool for people who waited on the Switch and get stupid people like me to buy the game twice, that's all.

That's why I'm debating doing a full %100 run on the Wii U vs when I get a switch late summer. About 20 hours in, and this is easily my favorite game of all time though so....