Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Real screens from the upcoming Zelda release:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Black Mage Knight posted:

It is worth noting that A Link to the Past was named as such because it was a prequel to Zelda 1, so it isn't like this is a modern thing. Really the big problem for the timeline is that at some point Nintendo stopped mentioning it leading nerds to start fighting about it with the new games.

All of the games have tied together in some way. LttP was the prequel to Zelda 1 + 2, and OoT was the prequel to that. Obviously MM was the direct sequel to OoT. WW featured a lot of callbacks to OoT and was implicitly a sequel set way down the line.

I only played TP once wasn't the Hero's Shade supposed to be one of the Links?

Anyway yeah the games have been interconnected for a long time now.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

If this was a remake of Zelda 1 it would be named something dumb like ZELDA because that's what video games do nowadays.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I hope in this game you can kiss Zelda.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope in this game you can kiss Zelda.

Regardless of if you're Link or girl Link, Linkle.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

quiggy posted:

Here's hoping that Breath of the Wild is both a critical and commercial success so that Nintendo sees that the new ways aren't all bad. Like I'd love if they made a new Metroid game that plays like Metroid Prime but is as open-ended as Super Metroid :allears:

They'll make a new Metroid with great gameplay and compelling exploration, but keep Samus's terrible Other M personality.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Exclusive Screenshot Proves New Zelda Takes Place Post-Windwaker:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

ikanreed posted:

I keep seeing the phrase "Pre-flood" and it bothers me because there's a word for that: antediluvian

there's a word for you: nerd

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

New DLC for Goat Simulator looks rad

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone have a collection of good desktop wallpapers? This is the only one I have.

I got my desktop wallpaper by downloading the official BotW press kit from Nintendo and using some of those images.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

My uncle works at Nintendo and

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

well why not posted:

Majora's Mask sounds like such a bad idea on paper. It's also kind of one of those ideas I'm kinda surprised Nintendo signed off on. Although I'm sure the budget having "REUSE ASSETS" at the top of it probably made it a bit of an easier sell.

I think it was the opposite, actually. Nintendo told the dev team "make a sequel to OoT on a year, reuse assets I guess to speed things up."

And so the dev team came up with the idea of Majora's Mask to keep development time down.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I hope Zelda teams up with Link and we get to beat up monsters together.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

greatn posted:

Not really, some do, some don't.

http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/153959693594/the-legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-are

Nintendo revealed what the Amiibo do

Toon Link confirmed best Amiibo

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Can you actually get all 3 goddesses moved into the town in minish cap, or only 2? It always seemed like you should be able to get all 3 moved in but they didn't make it possible to complete or something.

No, you can only get houses for two. It's a reference to how they had to cut the Oracle games from three to two early in development, meaning that Farore got the shaft.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

The pinnacle of videogames was whichever one I played first, and after that it was all downhill.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it actually took control of my mind and turned me into an eldritch abomination. As it is, no thanks.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Rude Link don't spy on Zelda in the bath.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

It could be sort of like Wind Waker, where the sword isn't anything special until Link fully powers it up with Sage Magic or whatever.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I wasn't really feeling the old lady in the beginning but everyone else seems good. We don't really know if the person who's voice we hear when we see the Great Deku Tree in the trailer is actually the GDT, or the King of Hyrule, or what.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Augus posted:

Wonder what the story is behind Zelda having the same kind of tunic and equipment as Link

They're married, this time before the game starts.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I do wonder what happened to that Link after Koholint Island disappeared.

I think it's implied LttP Link is the old man who handles Streetpass battles in ALBW.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kassad posted:

No, they're video files. It was probably a way to bring down the game's file size by cutting things that aren't used outside of those cutscenes, like all the buildings in the castle and town before they were destroyed.

You can tell they're not real time because they don't take six centuries to load.

That's my worst Zelda opinion, that I've sunk hundreds of hours into BotW but also the loading times are long.

Also Skyward Sword is good, it's got some of the best locations, dungeons, and characters in the franchise, Fi is good too, even though it's dragged down by a handful of unnecessary filler segments that see you retread the same areas. Sailing around on a desert time shifted into a sea is one of the best segments in Zelda.

It helps I played the HD remake though since it sounds like there were a lot of bizarre gameplay elements that originally made it frustrating to actually play. Wish I could fast travel around the overworld too.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Actually yeah, I'm changing my opinion to "Majora's Mask 3D is fine you nerds". Oh no you have to hold down an extra button to make things exactly like they were in 2000.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I would play the poo poo out of WW2 though

Good news it exists and is called "Phantom Hourglass"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

They made Fi not bug you as much in the HD remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I hope they do make a Super Smash Bros movie and it's just 90 minutes of Nintendo characters whaling on each other and/or master hand. No other plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQSGg3W-W0