Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I only seem to get framerate problems now (barring a hitch here or there) when it's raining heavily and there's a lot of NPCs or mobs around. It chugs preeeetty bad then. But other than that specific instance it runs decently enough. The control scheme feels a little awkward to use sometime though, which is really my main complaint about the game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Kawabata posted:

Both reviews and individual reports seem to indicate that framerate issues are similar on both consoles and got better after the day 1 patch.

They definitely got BETTER but don't take that to mean they're gone in entirety. It still drops frames pretty often, don't expect a rock-solid 30 here. Entirely playable, however, and most of the time barely noticeable (besides the aformentioned heavy storms which chug like hell)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Macintosh HD posted:

Makes sense. That's what I started to guess, as well. I'll find out tomorrow morning!

Can't be the mountains since you could just craft a bunch of stamina recovery food and eat it during the climb. I'm actually fairly curious to find out what they do now, will have to check it out.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, general pointer for y'all: when you get to the first village, talk to the guy that's not from that town, he'll have a stupid easy sidequest that opens a Very Important thing, and after that he will start helping you with another, way more interesting, sidequest that'll have opened up at that point.

The painter? I talked to him and he didn't give me a sidequest. Is it because I had already done the thing he seems to want done before finding him? Did I miss out on the follow-up quest because of it?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

loving christ, this island. THIS ISLAND. This is equal parts loving awesome and loving HARD.

Without spoiling anything, be careful what islands you land on while exploring the ocean...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ahh! Can you give me a general location for it? I tried searching for That Island but couldn't find anything, it's on my top four things to do right now.

Wait, it is the island that takes away your gear, right? or does it just happen to have a super tough enemy and a mimic

Yeah that's the one, the kicker is you can't save on it so I lost like 30 minutes of progress to a hidden octorok.

Anyways general location is... Just head more or less straight south lil bit east from Hateno village. You can see the island from the shrine in the middle of the ocean.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So, what's the best meal anyone's made so far? For me it's a steak that fully heals me and then overheals me for 14 yellow hearts. I'm treating this thing like a goddamn max-elixir I'm not eating this until I seriously seriously need it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jellymouth posted:

Worst part of the game so far:Marble Madness shrine

Turn your controller upside down :ssh:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Lightning storms are loving terrifying in this game christ.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zaphod42 posted:

diamonds are definitely not safe to sell. I'm not sure about opals and amber, I *think* they're okay?

I'm mostly selling monster parts since you can always farm tons of those. As long as you fight most people you run into, you should have a lot of basic monster parts and probably won't bother cooking them all into alchemy. Sell a big stack of parts and you make a few hundred rupees easy.

Wait, diamonds are not safe to sell? Fuckkkkk I've sold like 2 of them and they were rare as poo poo. Can you spoil me on what they're used for?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think this might be one of the few games that has two different types of (enemy type spoiler) Mimics. It's making me real paranoid.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Im stuck in the survival island: no clue how to move the slab of stone blocking the second hole. ANY tips for the boss are very welcome.

Stasis, my man. Did you forget that use of it?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can someone help me out with this photo stuff? I found one of the locations in the important photos and I'm standing in the same spot- I've even replicated the photo perfectly and nothing is happening. Is uh, something supposed to happen? Whats the point of these locations?

Smash Barrels, shoot the blue god rabbits hopping around, defeat Yiga clan members (there's always one posing as a NPC near Kakiriko.)

Oh, you're supposed to shoot those? I've been wondering if they were for a sidequest or something, didn't wanna shoot them since they seem kinda nice and spirity.

By the way I just saved up 3000 rupees, anyone know if the house is worth buying? I'm not sure what advantage having a house in this game would even have but...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Waffleopolis posted:

How the hell do I find and catch crickets in this game? I can hear them, but never see them and it's driving me crazy. :(

Cut the grass around the village, they spawn occasionally, just gotta grab em quickly after the cut.

For my own question, has anyone figured out this particular hidden treasure quest? It's the one given to you on a pillar out at sea and directions are something along the lines of going in the direction the arrow is pointing and "17 of 24" and I have NO idea what it means.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, I was thinking about it too hard.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 4, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I keep seeing these trios of trees lined up around the world which makes me think they're a Korok puzzle, but if they are, I can't figure it out.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yossarian-22 posted:

Does anyone know the "ability control" between charged attacks and backflip?

Jump Slash. What's the one between scope and pins and charged attacks?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there anyway to climb faster? I'm going to be in retirement by the time I climb all of these towers.

There's a set of climbing gear (though I've yet to find the pants).

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Aquasnake posted:

Is there a way to get Heart Containers without wasting Shrine orbs on them? Also do I enter my dlc code on the Wii U somewhere, or inside the game somewhere?

Haven't found any. Maybe there's one after each major dungeon but since there's not many of those and they're very far apart you should just get the containers. You can respec fairly early on anyways, for a minimal cost (20 rupees per point spent)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I found a giant horse. It has infinite stamina and 5 stars of strength but only 2 stars of speed. Still, it's a GIANT HORSE. So now it's gotta be one of my 5 registered horses forever.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So I bought the house. It doesn't have a whole lot in it at first but it does come with a display rack to mount a weapon... If you're into that. You can then pay MORE money to Bolson to get such things as an actual door. Or lights. I have no idea what the purpose of this whole thing is.

But it does seem to progress a quest or another (after you buy the house he sends one of his workers north to the Zora zone apparently)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I think it may rain too drat much in this game. Multiple times I've been doing some serious mountain climbing and when I'm almost at the top it starts raining and I am forced to wait it out or abandon my progress because I just slip off the rock face.

There IS a weather tracker in the bottom right for that reason, you know. But yeah I do feel it rains a lot.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Can anyone tell me where either the climbing pants or the lightning resistance chest are? I keep finding 2/3 pieces of a set and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ymgve posted:

I got the climbing pants in the "line up three trees" secret shrine north of Hateno village.

Where did you get a climbing jacket?

It was in a shrine chest. I wanna say it was either moderate or major test of strength but I'm partially guessing here, I wasn't keeping track at the time. They're shrines pretty close to Hateno, too, by the sea. One is on the edge of a cliff and the other is in the middle of the ocean.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Heavy Metal posted:

Thanks!

Question about doing a flurry rush (from side jump or backflip). I did it once or twice earlier, with a sword I think, but at the moment I get the slow-mo and mash Y, but only get one swing in. Trying it with both a one handed Boko club or two handed Boko Bat, since I don't have a sword currently. Trying it out on skeletons, Link only does one swing of the weapon at the end, most of the slow-mo is him just jumping while mashing Y doesn't do anything. Any ideas/tips?

Mash slower. More rhythmically. Try to match the flashing of the button or the speed of your swings (if doing a rush with a two handed weapon). If using a spear you can basically mash but you have to time it a bit better for the others.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Does anyone know if Naydra respawns after you defeat it? I forgot to take a picture of it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So everyone who, like me, was paranoid about diamonds, be paranoid no more. There's a guy in Zora's domain who trades 10 luminous stones for 1 diamond, and I'm CERTAIN those respawn.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm pretty sure I didn't do this purple goop tower the right way but gently caress it I was stuck here for like 20 minutes trying to figure it out I'll take the win.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This labyrinth island is some bullshit. Good loot, but bullshit.

Edit: Hah, after you clear it, go down the hot air path for a FUN SURPRISE.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zaphod42 posted:

gently caress wizzrobes. I would go on a wizzrobe slaughter except fighting them is so extremely unfun and isn't even very rewarding.

Best strategy I've found is to toss a boomerang at them, which knocks them to the ground, and then beat the crap out of them. Everything else is just frustrating.

Did you know that if you hit a fire/ice wizzrobe with ice/fire it's an instakill? True story.

This means that lightning wizzrobes are OP.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Escobarbarian posted:

The guide says there are 900 Korok seeds, which, gently caress.

To be entirely fair though, you don't really NEED 900 Korok seeds, your inventory will feel fine at much less than that. Unless there's some sort of cosmetic reward for catching them all, in which case gently caress.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Man I love this game, though not as much as, say, witcher 3 (which grabs my attention more, I guess is the best way to quantify it. Its a very hard to describe sensation-- maybe because it's not as 'dense' and has less dialogue?). I'm a bit surprised that I rarely die, as a good portion of my deaths were environmental from me trying to cross an ice cold river unaided, and they combat is rather easy. I'll definitely have to replay it with the hard mode dlc later on.

Anyone that says the combat is easy clearly hasn't fought a Lynel yet.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That reminds me, I figured out the trick with the three trees you see suspiciously lined up all over the place. One of them is different than the others (has more fruit), if you shoot off the fruit to make it look the same it finishes the puzzle and spawns a Korok.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

BLUE LYNELS :gonk:

HELP EVERYTHING HURTS ALL MY FOOD IS GONE

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

raditts posted:

gently caress you, Lynel: A Strategy Guide

He will swap his bow out for dual blades if you get up close, so close in ASAP and do backflips / flurry counterattacks. Use regular attacks in between as well because you can cancel melee attacks into dodges. When he jumps back then get some distance because he will either be shooting fireballs or gearing up for a Bald Bull-esque bull charge that will gently caress you up.

If you can ping him in the face with arrows then it will stun him for a little bit and you can jump on his back to hit him up to 5 times. It's hard to do since he rarely sits still and his face has a small hit box, but I found that bomb arrows seem to be more effective.

Their own bows are very effective against them due to the triple shot spread effect, making it easier to land a headshot. So after your first Lynel, subsequent ones will be easier to kill provided you keep their bow.

Now keep in mind Lynels follow the standard enemy progression track...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Revol posted:

What are the difference between the different fairies? They all seem to do the same thing. I had read that they can do the same thing differently, but... it sure as hell doesn't appear to be the case. I've already got two, and if I go for the third, it'll cost 1000 rupees. No way I'm doing that until I know it is really worth it.

Speaking of, how am I supposed to make rupees? I have 1,715 right now, but considering the different money sinks in the game, it seems like I'm always going to not have enough. I already need 3k for the house[/url]. Also, the lab in Akalla, [spoiler]they expect you to pay 1,000 rupees to buy an ancient weapon? They're so fragile, they break to easy. Why would the game expect me to be able to blow 1,000 rupees like that?

I've yet to find any fairies besides the very first one despite exploring, I thought, pretty thoroughly. I guess I've just been in the wrong zones or something.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Harrow posted:

Guardian weapons look cool as poo poo but I'm surprised they're just as fragile as, like, bokoblin crap. When will I get weapons that last more than two fights?

If you look at their descriptions, Guardian weapons are, in fact, meant to be super fragile. They're basically high damage low durability for their gear level.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So for this sidequest with the ceremonial trident... What, uh, what exactly am I supposed to do here? I have the weapon, I tossed a scale in the water and nothing's happening? Do I have the wrong scale or something?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Now go! And let the Legend of Zelda come back to life!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

nessin posted:

Anyone know how to unlock Robbie's lab? He says he needs a picture of my wounds from 100 years ago and I have no clue how to make that happen.

You're super overthinking it. He doesn't need a PICTURE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

gently caress you Mirro Shaz. gently caress you forever. And all I got out of it was a lousy giant core, too.